Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 07:32:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: does the bitcoin community trust GHash ?  (Read 2085 times)
amitrwt

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:35:09 PM

I got a really bad feeling about this incident..! this should be cleared once for all , some kinda actions should be taken or we don't know maybe after a year or two this would turn a real pain in the a*s. 

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
↑ UpDown.BT ↓  Bet on Gold/Oil/Currencies like a Boss ↑ [Thread] ↓
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:57:59 PM

Apparently, from the looks of things, the bitcoin community DOES trust GHash. And that is a big, big mistake. We'll probably wait for a massive double spend attack to do anything about it....

i don't know where you got that.. so many people are up in arms, to the point where ghash.io had to address the issue.

Address it, how? By saying, "We never have and never will participate in any 51% attack or double spend against bitcoin." Okay......

So many people up in arms? What matters are miners literally doing something about it.
beaconpcguru

Activity: 189

Hello

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:11:09 AM

No.  Bitcoin is to be trustless and none should be needed aside from protocol security of which they (or any other entity with that much power) have excessive control over (51% related attack is aside from all the sheisty things they can and more than likely already do such as block favoritism.)  Aside from that they stole in the past and will do so again in the future
Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:47:30 AM

Trusting GHash not to double-spend is like trusting your government not to print more money  Wink
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:29:46 AM

Even though I think it's not good for a pool to have that much power a pool is still made up from many individuals, not a single person. Individual miners will leave the pool before they can really do much harm, which will leave the pool much weaker should they decide to go rogue.

Still, I'd much rather see a better spread in pools. The problem is though that ghash just offers the best package deal so most miners will logically join ghash, and until a competing pool comes up I can't blame them.
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:30:55 PM

Is there a program to read the blockchain and see how many bitcoins are in it?
I mean, we could instantly know if there are any doublespends in it first hand!
falllling (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:31:48 AM

GHash is currently 44% ... What the fuck people Angry
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: