Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GOP: Obama's Failed Economy after 5 Years  (Read 1642 times)
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:45:05 PM

He stole billions to pay out fradulant bankers, F him.

The banker bailout was the biggest financial crime ever committed in recorded history. Hundreds of billions of tax payer money used to rescue the corrupt bankers. Not only the Democrats, but the establishment Republicans also supported that measure. So I won't be saying that Obama was responsible for it.  Angry

The bailout was BEFORE he was in office. Not that I'm satisfied with Obama's response. I also think it was one of the biggest crimes in history. He should have had them swing in the town square for their negligence. But to blame Obama?? Where did you ever get that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emergency_Economic_Stabilization_Act_of_2008

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
sana8410 (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:50:01 PM

It really is amusing, the desperation in you.....
I think none of those are actually "jobs" bills. All are tax cuts and regulation eliminations.
You THINK? Is that supposed to be an educated response Sana? To have the resources right in front of you and refuse to read the information and form an educated opinion and instead opt to offer a negative opinion based on "I think" isn't a rebuttal or a defense for obama, its merely anti gop whining. And BTW tax cuts create jobs, that's a proven fact For a reference see the state of NY add offering 10 years of no state taxes for companies that move there. Did the liberal state of NY do that to make the rich richer?
Now, do you have an educated opinion on any of those bills including your reasoning that shows why tax cuts don't create jobs? I would ask you to list a few of the plans obama has presented to congress to create jobs and stimulate the economy but he hasn't provided any. And of course that is bush's fault just like everything else.
For once you are correct...None of those bills do anything other than cut taxes and reduce regulations. Thank you for the correction.
I also agree that some tax cuts can create jobs, though many absolutely not. When Bush cut taxes, jobs did not follow. When the feds had tax forgiveness for International corporations, the corporations pocketed the profits. And while a tax cut may create a job it often does so at a net loss to funding government.
The Bush tax cuts resulted in deficits that have lasted forever (not helped by putting the costs of two wars on a credit card).
I noted a few of the Presidents jobs proposal above, you should take a minute and read.

Regarding the NY tax cuts, keep in mind that states set and change tax rates frequently. to balance growth with funding necessary services. there is not "right formula" for state taxes, just adjustment to their realities of growth and budgeting.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:03:04 PM

I like economics and think we are fortunate we have had better economic policy since the Great Recession than our European friends who followed the austerity path to repeated recessions and negative growth. Did you know that the IMF predicts negative economic growth in several European nations this year, while US growth should be between 3-4%?

Not bad at all for the US. You have to love the innovation here, it is so much a part of our national character.

An economy that doubled the number of Americans on food stamps because they are living at or below the poverty level while the rich on wall street are making billions by the day? Below is a report on the jobs created by obama and while you're proud of it I am sure those part time workers would rather be working full time.
Recovery Being Hurt by Too Many Temp and Low-paying New Jobs, Says Fed Banker
A member of the Federal Reserve Board is complaining that too many of the new jobs created since the recovery began are low-wage, part-time, temporary, or all three.
Speaking last week at a conference in Washington, D.C., Fed Governor Sarah Raskin said, “Flexible and part-time arrangements can present great opportunities to some workers, but the substantial increase in part-time workers does raise a number of concerns.” These include, she said, a lack of benefits, lower pay rates, and, often, no sick or personal days off.
Two-thirds of the jobs lost in the recession, she said, “were in moderate-wage occupations, such as manufacturing, skilled construction, and office administration jobs.” But fewer than a quarter have come back. “Recent job gains,” she observed, “have been largely concentrated in lower-wage occupations such as retail sales, food preparation, manual labor, home health care, and customer service.”
Furthermore, Raskin said, employers are increasingly turning to temporary — “contingent” — workers because of the flexibility they offer. During the recession, 10% of the jobs lost were temp. However, 25% of the jobs created since the recovery began have been temp.

Who benefits by part time and contingent jobs sana? That would be the employer and he makes those gains of the backs of the worker and you lefties are damned proud of it? And then you tell those workers they have to buy obamacare on their cut wages so they can have a policy they can't afford for the deductibles for?

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:06:29 PM

there are a lot of republicans around here, more than i thought would be. i dislike republicans more than i do obama, but i definitely don't like obama for a lot of reasons.. privacy concerns, expansion of government, foreign policy, bailing out wallstreet, appointing a cable exec to be head of the FCC..
NapoleonBonaparte

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:09:18 PM

there are a lot of republicans around here, more than i thought would be. i dislike republicans more than i do obama, but i definitely don't like obama for a lot of reasons.. privacy concerns, expansion of government, foreign policy, bailing out wallstreet, appointing a cable exec to be head of the FCC..

People need to take full responsible for electing the people they put in power.

We are here today because of collective choice of those come before us and our own choices.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 07:31:52 PM

We are here today because of collective choice of those come before us and our own choices.

i hate to be cynical, but people in general are not very smart. they'll just vote for whoever is charismatic, issues and past history be damned. it's also money that influences the votes too.. and i do wish people were more studious with their votes, so that money could have less and less of an effect.. but it just doesn't happen.
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:58:24 PM

i hate to be cynical, but people in general are not very smart. they'll just vote for whoever is charismatic, issues and past history be damned. it's also money that influences the votes too.. and i do wish people were more studious with their votes, so that money could have less and less of an effect.. but it just doesn't happen.
Yep, low info voters are the reason why our republic flushed into a democracy and now an oligarchy. On the bright side, there's actually libertarians being elected as republicans so this experiment of reshaping the party is showing a decent amount of success.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:09:49 PM

Who benefits by part time and contingent jobs sana? That would be the employer and he makes those gains of the backs of the worker and you lefties are damned proud of it? And then you tell those workers they have to buy obamacare on their cut wages so they can have a policy they can't afford for the deductibles for?

Hold on, no one is against corporations operating efficiently, right? If PT workers solve their problems you cannot expect them to employ FT workers. And automation is eliminating jobs as well, and nothing can prevent the best, cheapest form of productivity.

And then you tell those workers they have to buy obamacare on their cut wages so they can have a policy they can't afford for the deductibles for?

Actually, owning their own insurance protects them from losing coverage if they become unemployed or laid off, and that is a very good thing.

Zolace, you seem confused, government does not create jobs, it sets the stage for job growth by thinks like holding interest rates down, accelerating capital improvement write-downs, insuring access to rail, water and highways.

Government also helps create jobs by funding research to generate innovation.

But, at the end of the day, no one is bringing manufacturing jobs back to 1960's levels. For that we need innovation and education.

Be of good cheer, this administration is focused upon these issues.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
zolace

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:24:35 PM

Who benefits by part time and contingent jobs doc? That would be the employer and he makes those gains of the backs of the worker and you lefties are damned proud of it?

Hold on, no one is against corporations operating efficiently, right? If PT workers solve their problems you cannot expect them to employ FT workers. And automation is eliminating jobs as well, and nothing can prevent the best, cheapest form of productivity.

And then you tell those workers they have to buy obamacare on their cut wages so they can have a policy they can't afford for the deductibles for?

Actually, owning their own insurance protects them from losing coverage if they become unemployed or laid off, and that is a very good thing.
Only an obamatron could cheer over lower wages and part time jobs and then declare that a federal mandate to buy ins you can't use at a price you can't afford is a good thing. Or think that a guy making $14 an hour on a part time job can afford obamacare while trying to live on unemployment.

Zolace, you seem confused, government does not create jobs, it sets the stage for job growth by thinks like holding interest rates down, accelerating capital improvement write-downs, insuring access to rail, water and highways.

I'm not confused at all sana, you're the one who can't address the facts. No comment on NY offering tax breaks to spur the state economy sana? Not even after you called tax cuts bad for the economy because they only make the rich richer? And what plan has obama implement to accelerate capital improvement? Would that be the costs of obamacare? And write-downs are tax breaks sana, breaks you claim benefit the rich and don't create jobs. And what has obama done to improve access to rail, water and highways sana? We heard about all those shovel ready jobs that would rebuild our infrastructure but those projects never seemed to come to fruition.  But here is an article denoting the plans obama implemented that would affect the job market, accelerate capital improvement and spur the economy.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/01/03/happy-new-year-feds-list-141-new-regulations-in-only-3-days/

Happy New Year! Feds list 141 new regulations in only three days

It’s a new year and you know what that means — new regulations. The Obama administration has wasted no time in writing them.

The website Regulations.gov lists 141 regulations that have been posted by federal agencies in the last three days alone. Of these regulations, 119 are “rulemaking,” meaning they establish a new rule. Twenty-three are “non-rulemaking,” meaning the regulations does not establish a new rule.

“If these regulations go into effect, American jobs will be lost, electricity prices will soar, and economic uncertainty will grow. We need the federal government to work as a partner, not an adversary, and to invest in America’s energy future,” said West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin.

Government also helps create jobs by funding research to generate innovation.

But, at the end of the day, no one is bringing manufacturing jobs back to 1960's levels. For that we need innovation and education.

To bring back manufacturing jobs we just need innovation and education?Huh Really? 141 new regs in 3 days isn't going to affect innovation and the desire to bring jobs back to the US? And if we educate our workers in the field of manufacturing the jobs will come back to the US because why? BTW how much education does a worker need to run a plastic injection machine and what kind of 4 yr degree do you think they'll need to do a job that 12 yr olds in china do?

Be of good cheer, this administration is focused uoon these issues

Well of course obama is focused on job creation, its been his priority for since January 2009 and all he has done is create part time and contingent jobs that pay less. Honestly, you can't cite one thing obama has done to spur job creation but I posted a link to things he has done to destroy jobs. And that's on top of what he did to offshore drilling, the Keystone, the fishing industry, the coal industry and the number of people that lost their jobs in obamas failed green energy corps. Yeah, you're a good obamatron.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:48:46 PM

These liberals are becoming a very very sick joke… They can convince each other of this stuff… Actually takes no effort.  But the reality is the economy is stagnant at best

Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:54:13 PM

Just curious since you express interest in income inequality and cite Obama as part of the problem. What solutions do you advance for this issue? What is it Obama should be doing here specifically?
Oh, I bet you are curious...  It helps distract you from the fact you are a blind partisan who can't actually defend Obama or his economic policy failures.  
You didnt wanna be called 666 derogatory names including stupid, extremist, and non compromiser? You notice I assigned Sana the number 666. Ha! If there was a devil......

But I will list a few so Sana can unleash his number on me.

1. Cut Fed. Govt to about 16% of GDP. This includes Defense.

2. Cut regulations by 80%

3. And abolish the IRS, EPA, NSA, Homeland Security, BLM, and Dept of Ed.

4. Implement the FairTax
shogdite

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

LIR Dev. www.letitride.io

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:06:41 PM

These liberals are becoming a very very sick joke… They can convince each other of this stuff… Actually takes no effort.  But the reality is the economy is stagnant at best
Obama is no way a liberal, I'd consider him rightwing, most of his foreign policies have been more rightwing than Bush.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:08:00 PM

http://onpolitics.usatoday.com/2014/02/17/gop-commemorates-five-years-of-failed-stimulus/

The GOP, the right, and most of the other Obama haters keep claiming that after 5 1/2 years, Obama is the one responsible for our less than great economy. They claim that any excuses do not matter, because the 5 1/2 years has been more than enough to fix everything with the right plans.
I can only point out that if a long time as president is the only factor we need to consider in evaluating a president's performance, then Obama cannot yet be considered our worst president on the economy. Bush II had 8 years to give us a great economy. How were things after his 8 years? Let's see how it compares after Obama's 8 years.

To be clear, I believe a president cannot be judged solely by how things are going after X number of years. You need to consider the entire hand he was dealt. At a minimum, one must recognize that economies do have cycles, some with bigger swings than others.

The Unfaithful Departed: Meet The People Who Bailed On The Obama Administration

Friday's latest resignation of yet another former Obama administration faithful - that of White House press secretary Jay Carney - got us thinking: how many people have jumped off the USS Obamic? The answer is, in short, a lot.

Below is a list (by no means complete) of the most prominent officials and advisors who have quietly exited the Obama administration stage left over the past 6 years.

Jay Carney

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney is leaving his post. President Obama announced Carney’s departure in a surprise appearance at in the White House press briefing room May 30, 2014. He said principal deputy press secretary Josh Earnest will take over the job.

Eric K. Shinseki

Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric K. Shinseki gives the keynote address at the National Coalition for Homeless Veterans Annual Conference in Washington. Shinseki addressed what he called the "elephant in the room," saying he was too trusting of some and calling breaches of integrity "indefensible and unacceptable." Shinseki met with President Obama and resigned a short time later on May 30, 2014.

Kathleen Sebelius

Kathleen Sebelius resigned as secretary of Health and Human Services in April 2014 after numerous problems with the rollout of the Affordable Care Act

Keith B. Alexander

Keith Alexander has been the direct of the NSA since August 2005. Following the Edward Snowden whistleblowing scandal, Alexander announced in October 2013 that he would leave the NSA.

Lois Lerner

Lois Lerner ran the IRS's section on tax-exempt organizations until her resignation in September 2013, following a scandal exposing the targeting of tea-party groups for IRS scrutiny.

Ray LaHood

Ray LaHood was secretary of transportation from 2009 until July 2013. He was strong proponent of high-speed rail, saying "This is what the American people want. If you build it, they will come." Perhaps best known for saying ""America is one big pothole right now", he did not seek any public office after that, and instead entered the private sector.

Jill Sommers

Jill Sommers was appointed in July 2009 by Obama to serve a five-year second term as Commissioner of the CTFC.  She announced her departure from the CFTC in July 2013, after concluding oversight of the agency’s investigation of MF Global. She now works at the IFM foundation as a consultant.

Ken Salazar

Ken Salazar was US Secretary of the Interior from 2009 until his resignation in April 2013. On June 10, 2013 he became a partner in the major international law firm of WilmerHale, and was charged with opening a Denver office for the firm

Lanny Breuer

Lanny Breuer was Assistant Attorney General for the Criminal Division of the US from April 2009 until March 2013 when he departed following a scandal in which it was revealed that the DOJ is unwilling to prosecute certain financial firms over concerns they are "Too Big To Prosecute."

Lisa Jackson

Lisa Jackson served as the Administrator of the United States Environmental Protection Agency from January 2009 to February 2013. In May 2013, it was announced that Jackson would be joining Apple, Inc. as their environmental director

Leon Panetta

Leon Panetta resigned as secretary of defense in February 2013.

Janet Napolitano

Janet Napolitano resigned as homeland security secretary in July 2013 to become president of the University of California system.

Hillary Rodham Clinton

Hillary Rodham Clinton resigned as secretary of state in February 2013 after four years in the post.

Tim Geithner

Tim Geithner was US Treasury Secretary from January 2009 from January 2013, following a stint as head of the NY Fed following his personal admission he had no actual experience as a banker, and after admitting " I've never been a regulator." After his tenure as the worst US Treasury Secretary in history (perhaps only tied with Hank Paulson), Geithner joined Warburg Pincus as president and managing director in March 2014. He also wrote a book which briefly sold a lot of copies in the fiction section on Amazon.com

Mary Schapiro

Mary Schapiro was Chairman of the SEC from January 2009 until December 2012 when she left following zero banker prosecutions as a result of the great financial crisis/robbery, and after formalizing the rigging of the capital markets by the HFT lobby. In April 2013, Schapiro joined Promontory Financial Group as a managing director and chairwoman of its governance and markets practice.

David Petraeus

David Petraeus was Director of the CIA from September 2011 until his resignation in November 2012, when he resignedciting his extramarital affair which was reportedly discovered in the course of an FBI investigation

William Daley

President Obama announced Jan. 9, 2012, that Chief of Staff William Daley will step down. Obama named Budget Director Jack Lew as Daley's replacement.

Dennis Ross

President Obama's key Middle East adviser, Dennis Ross, said he would resign after a period of turmoil in the Arab world and a difficult period in U.S. relations with Israel. Ross, a veteran U.S. peace negotiator, said in a statement that he had made a promise to his wife to return to private life after two years in the administration and had outstayed that promise by a year. He added that he was returning to private life with “mixed feelings.”

Reggie Love

Reggie Love, a key member of the Obama entourage and onetime forward for the Duke Blue Devils basketball team, left the White House at the end of 2011. Love started out as a staff assistant in Obama’s Senate office after college, rising to become his personal assistant, known as the “body man.”

Melody Barnes

White House Domestic Policy Council Director Melody Barnes, one of a handful of high-profile women in the White House, will leave her post as President Obama’s domestic policy adviser at the end of 2011, two senior administration officials confirmed.

Jen Psaki

Former White House deputy communications director Jen Psaki announced her departure from the administration in September 2011 to take on a senior role at Global Strategy Group, a well-known Democratic communications and research firm.

Vivek Kundra

Vivek Kundra, the federal government's first chief information officer, left his position in August 2011 for a fellowship with Harvard University.

Michael Leiter

After five years as the director of the National Counterterrorism Center, Michael Leiter plans to resign because he thinks he has spent enough time in the position. President Obama praised Leiter, calling him "a trusted adviser to me and the entire national security team."

Austan Goolsbee

White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Austan Goolsbee plans to resign and return to academia, the White House said June 6, 2011.

Bob Bauer

Counsel to the President Bob Bauer meets in the Oval Office with President Obama and other senior advisers. Bauer, a longtime Obama adviser, will return to private practice but will continue to advise Obama as a personal lawyer and offer legal counsel to Obama's reelection campaign and the Democratic National Committee.

Bill Burton

White House deputy press secretary Bill Burton and White House political adviser Sean Sweeney (not pictured) are leaving the administration to form their own political and strategic consulting firm. They announced their plans on Feb. 16, 2011. Burton has been mentioned as a potential candidate in the race to replace Rep. Chris Lee (R-N.Y.).

Ron Klain

Ron Klain, the chief of staff to Vice President Joe Biden, is leaving the White House to become president of Case Holdings, the holding company for the business and philanthropic interests of former AOL chairman Steve Case. Klain also served as chief of staff Al Gore and was portrayed by Kevin Spacey in the HBO film "Recount," about the 2000 presidential election.

Glenn Fine

Justice Department Inspector General Glenn Fine left after a decade in the post. First appointed by President Clinton, Fine became a prominent figure during his office's investigation of Bush administration scandals.

Gen. James L. Jones

It was revealed the morning of Oct. 8, 2010, that National Security Advisor Gen. James L. Jones was resigning and being replaced by his deputy, Thomas Donilon. A recent book exposed tension between Jones and President Obama over war strategy.

Rahm Emanuel

Rahm Emanuel was the White House Chief of Staff from January 2009 until October 2010. Following his depature, Emanuel became mayor of Chicago.

Lawrence H. Summers

Lawrence H. Summers, will step down as director of the National Economic Council after the November elections and return to a teaching post at Harvard University, the White House announced Sept. 21, 2010.

Peter R. Orszag

Peter Orszag was the Director of the Office of Management and Budget from January 2009 until July 2010. He is currently Vice Chairman of Corporate and Investment Banking, Chairman of the Public Sector Group, and Chairman of the Financial Strategy and Solutions Group at Citigroup.

Christina Romer

Council of Economic Advisers Chair Christina Romer resigned to return to academia. President Obama said in a statement that Romer's decision was guided by "family commitments." She has long signaled that her time in Washington would be temporary.

Gen. David McKiernan  

Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, left, decided to replace former Army Gen. David McKiernan less than a year after he took over the war effort in Afghanistan. McKiernan was criticized as too cautious and conventionally minded.

Ellen Moran

Ellen Moran left her post as communications director to become the chief of staff at the Commerce Department, becoming the first of Obama's top advisers to depart.

Gregory B. Craig

Gregory B. Craig was fired as White House counsel after months of tumult over the administration's inability to close the military detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-05-31/unfaithful-departed-meet-people-who-bailed-obama-administration

-------------------------------------------
A.K.A "The Sacrificial Lambs"

zolace

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:12:15 PM

Truth is I think the President has done a good job on the economy with zero help from republicans.

But truth is you really don't care about income inequality...you just like to attack the president on any issue. I had little doubt you would have no offer of ideas.
The truth is you can't come up with a reason why Obama has a LARGER gap with only the richest getting richer even after he has raised taxes and made massive efforts to redistribute wealth downward.  
YOU don't really care about income inequality, Sana.  That much is obvious by the fact you just said the President has done a good job despite the fact he is growing it.

Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:21:32 PM

sana do you have any numbers on minority unemployment under 5 years of the O.'s regime? I am definitely a hack if you follow my posts regarding obama  Cheesy, so I don't think it would be believable to tell you what I have found out. I believe you should google those numbers yourself and tell us what you've found, and share the data with us here. Then explain to us how O. did such great job with the economy, NOT Wall Street, but with the people who voted for him at 90% +...

Rigon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:22:37 PM

I nominate this  last  post for  most delusional post of the year so far.
sana8410 (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:29:48 PM

If only you had the intelligence to challenge a word of what I wrote.But you do not.

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
umair127

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:31:44 PM

The truth is you can't come up with a reason why Obama has a LARGER gap with only the richest getting richer even after he has raised taxes and made massive efforts to redistribute wealth downward.
Most of the gains have come via the stock market, which many have said are chimerical gains based on Quantitative Easing. That said, this bull market has been exclusively benefitting the 1% . The reality is that in times of financial chaos, the rich always get richer--unless otherwise constrained. Look at what happened in Germany in the 1930s.

Same thing is happening here. How many REITS do you think picked up huges swathes of property a dirt rock bottom prices. They HAD the money to do so, even during the worst of the recession--so while hardworking Americans were losing their houses, the rich were picking them up at cut rate prices. Now, with those valuations back to normal, they've got a whole lot more money in hand. Amerians who had 401ks in 2008 lost nearly half their value. The value didn't really disappear in the company though, simply the stock price took a hit. But those Americans couldn't afford to pick up a million shares a rock bottom prices, and wait them through this bull market.

The ability of the rich to make money off the hardships of others in difficult times, QZ, is nothing new. NOTHING short of a dictatorial legislation can prevent it--Caesar could but, then again, he was appointed dictator for exactly that purpose.

One thing I'd like to do is what Caesar did: debt forgiveness. For the most part, debt forgiveness would hit the 1% but leave the rest of us mostly alone. That would be a stimulus plan that would work, I guarantee it!

But, long and short, it's hardly fair to blame Obama for being unable to stop the historical reality of the rich benefitting from hard times for ordinary folks.

And especially given the alternatives of McCain or Romney--it would be hard to see even the dimmest glimmerings of any argument claiming we'd have been off electing either of them, ESPECIALLY the latter, who has spent his life feasting off the hard times of ordinary workers.

noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:43:40 PM

U.S. consumer prices rise, pointing to firming inflation pressures
http://www.foxbusiness.com/economy-policy/2014/06/17/us-consumer-prices-rise-pointing-to-firming-inflation-pressures/

Rigon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:48:13 PM

If only you had the intelligence to challenge a word of what I wrote.But you do not.
Why bother to challenge someone who is so out of touch with reality as to be unwilling to admit Obama is a Cloward-Piven pl
aying marxist, Sana?
You totally ignore all evidence that he is a monumental failure and fan this jackass while he lights fire after fire.  His polling sucks and you spin it.  You are as much a waste of air and skin as he.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: