Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:32:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Regulation by Ben Lawsky,NY  (Read 1794 times)
segeln (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:29:21 PM

Does anyone know wether the announced time schedule (End Q II) ist still valid?
Dragonkiller

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:36:28 PM

Haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.
segeln (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:40:12 PM

Haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.
so,this and the next week will be very exciting
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:12:30 PM

Don't forget to do your civic duty and pound on Professor Bitcorn at the end of the month.
Dragonkiller

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:17:07 PM

Don't forget to do your civic duty and pound on Professor Bitcorn at the end of the month.

Meh.

People are outraged about what he said because they think because he is a professor, somehow his opinions are more valid and therefore if he is wrong, he should be ridiculed.

But he is just an idiot and always will be. A piece of paper doesn't change that.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:34:44 PM

Don't pound him for being a professor, that part is irrelevant. Pound him for being an arrogant fool. Public exposure and humiliation is the only way that type learn.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
segeln (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:44:02 PM

no more Information about this issue?
Arghhh

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:33:10 AM

This announcement will likely be the main catalyst for our next bubble.
segeln (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:27:17 AM

it´s the most important and decisive issue for bitcoin
Dragonkiller

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:34:22 AM

it´s the most important and decisive issue for bitcoin

It will be positive. It is no coincidence it is timed along with the Silk Road seizure sale and Apple allowing 'approved' digital currency apps. Remember that Ben Lawsky announced that he will start accepting applications for exchanges back in February. I expect the exchange Barry Silbert is working on to be announced very shortly afterwards. And the Winklevoss ETF to be approved at around the same time.
TERA

Activity: 728

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:52:18 AM

They're probably struggling to figure out exactly how to regulate it. Remember during those court meetings the panel was explaining to the regulators how bitcoin works and the regulators didn't even really know that much about it at that point. There were a lot of ideas thrown around that sounded good on paper because the regulators were thinking of the ideas in terms of how traditional finance systems work, but they weren't thinking them through on a technical level of how bitcoin actually works. Ben Lawsy probably realizes now that he got in a little over his head now that the regulators have learned more about what bitcoin actually is, how it works technically, the decentralization, how the existing exchange system is set up, and who the big holders are. Everything will have to be re-thought. It's probably a nightmare.
Dragonkiller

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:06:41 AM

They're probably struggling to figure out exactly how to regulate it. Remember during those court meetings the panel was explaining to the regulators how bitcoin works and the regulators didn't even really know that much about it at that point. There were a lot of ideas thrown around that sounded good on paper because the regulators were thinking of the ideas in terms of how traditional finance systems work, but they weren't thinking them through on a technical level of how bitcoin actually works. Ben Lawsy probably realizes now that he got in a little over his head now that the regulators have learned more about what bitcoin actually is, how it works technically, the decentralization, how the existing exchange system is set up, and who the big holders are. Everything will have to be re-thought. It's probably a nightmare.

Yeah... that's the pessimism I was talking about. Not healthy.
Arghhh

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:13:01 AM

Benjamin Lawsky urinated in your coffee this morning didn't he?
TERA

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:15:29 AM

It's not pessimism. It's a rational explanation for why this might be taking so long with any announcements at all.

Now if I was actually pessimistic I might say something like... "they are actually planning to ban bitcoin".
Dragonkiller

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:19:40 AM

It's not pessimism. It's a rational explanation for why this might be taking so long with any announcements at all.

Now if I was actually pessimistic I might say something like... "they are actually planning to ban bitcoin".

There was an announcement in February that the framework will be released no later than Q2 2014. What announcement do you want? You want an update every month repeating the same thing?

If there has been no update, it means nothing has changed. Announcements usually announce new information.
shields

Activity: 164

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:46:56 PM

Someone that's on twitter, tweet him and ask him if it's still on schedule:  @benlawsky https://twitter.com/BenLawsky

If you liked this post -> 1KRYhandiYsjecZw7mtdLnoeuKUYoGRkH4
segeln (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:35:31 PM

Someone that's on twitter, tweet him and ask him if it's still on schedule:  @benlawsky https://twitter.com/BenLawsky
done
I will report
alexeft
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:59:38 PM

Do you always have to rationalize downwards??   Roll Eyes
TERA

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:49:17 PM

Do you always have to rationalize downwards??   Roll Eyes
This isn't downwards. It's a possible explanation for the delay that already happened  (remember than it was July at the latest, not July at the earliest). I'm not saying that anything bad is going to happen in the future, or that bitcoin is going to go down, nor did I give a timetable for delays in the future.
segeln (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:13:53 PM

Do you always have to rationalize downwards??   Roll Eyes
This isn't downwards. It's a possible explanation for the delay that already happened  (remember than it was July at the latest, not July at the earliest). I'm not saying that anything bad is going to happen in the future, or that bitcoin is going to go down, nor did I give a timetable for delays in the future.
just wait another 12 days before speaking of a delay
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: