Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:18:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dr. Condoleezza Rice on Board of Drop Box !!  (Read 930 times)
Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1100

Free Free Palestine

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 01:39:42 PM

Hello and Good day,

I have read some weird and unbelievable stories but what is the point of having Dr. Condoleezza Rice as a director on dropbox Board.
Its not like i haven't seen or heard shady things in the past but this is just completely off.

I think Drop Box needs to be more positive about their customers privacy. There goes our information right in the pocket of US government.
I hope they enjoy my Web Designs and Huge debt that i have smacked up while getting my university degrees.

Sorry if its been posted before but this is just frustrating, as if the phone tapping was not enough. Cant trust their service anymore.

Lets hear your views.

Regards

Duke

herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:29:23 PM

yeah this is rather old news

use SeaFile instead, or wait until BitTorrent Sync becomes open source, or wait for MaidSafe

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 02:42:51 PM

Hell, I've seen a group of bitcoiners that are not only on the boards of Bitcoin-based entities, but also simultaneously on the boards of symphony orchestras, feminine protection products, restaurants, off-beat IT entities, charities for the weirdest causes, oil and gas industry, etc.

Each and every board member even goes outta their way to announce such via press releases, sometimes adding their new title to their Linkedin page.

Don't be surprised to later learn that Dr. Condoleezza Rice has joined the board of NASCAR or WWF to round out her portfolio. She may even goes as far as starting a bitcoin-accepting charity to raise funds for scholarships offered to Afro-American lads who desire to doubly play in the NFL and drive race cars for NASCAR, whose only prerequisite would be is to know what GPA stands for.
Smack That Ace (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1100

Free Free Palestine

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:17:14 PM

Hell, I've seen a group of bitcoiners that are not only on the boards of Bitcoin-based entities, but also simultaneously on the boards of symphony orchestras, feminine protection products, restaurants, off-beat IT entities, charities for the weirdest causes, oil and gas industry, etc.

Each and every board member even goes outta their way to announce such via press releases, sometimes adding their new title to their Linkedin page.

Don't be surprised to later learn that Dr. Condoleezza Rice has joined the board of NASCAR or WWF to round out her portfolio. She may even goes as far as starting a bitcoin-accepting charity to raise funds for scholarships offered to Afro-American lads who desire to doubly play in the NFL and drive race cars for NASCAR, whose only prerequisite would be is to know what GPA stands for.

Seriously true and well said. We all know what is the real purpose of being on these charities. Its not only the name but also those cute envelopes with beautiful kickbacks in them.
Sometimes i wish i wasn't on the good guys team and could do the same but whenever i have been in a position to abuse my power my conscious has had the best of me.

Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:08:36 PM

Just encrypt your files before sending them to dropbox? Use a long password or passphrase.

I always assume that everything I put on the internet or the cloud is accessible to more than just me, so I encrypt everything.

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:25:25 PM

always use encryption, no reason not to
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: