Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 01:32:48 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCJam for Security Consultation Business Project  (Read 1191 times)
steelbuzz (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 04:37:11 PM

https://btcjam.com/listings/13905

Grin

2% funded....

Help yourself out by contributing to a whitehat business project that will help us patch hundreds of thousands of unsecured cameras worldwide that can be remotely controlled and viewed upon by any who know how to do a simple Google search...

Relatively small loan... and my income is $20k per year right now... so I am able to pay it back with ease as a fallback plan

Much appreciated!
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:58:24 PM

No collateral?  I looked at your website and it had a link to some Bitcoinxq project.  It claims to work by doing huge short term loans to Profitlender, a WOT marked scam site and Ponzi.  You're running so many scams you can't keep them separate.

Also, your company description is bullshit.  If there's a huge vulnerability for something like security camera access, the government would have been the first to know about it.  Think they can find Heartbleed 2 years early and not Google something?  Negged

RiverBoatBTC

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:04:27 PM

Peaked my interest incoming dox if he is who he says he is.

This is great... Unless you own a panda express you have some explaining to do.

RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:15:50 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2014, 05:52:39 PM by RiverBoatBTC

Charles Mullen
Date of Birth
12/1986
Phone Number
619-466-XXXX
Additional Phone Numbers
619-804-XXXX, 619-464-XXXX
Most Recent Address
xxxx Dinovo St, San Diego, CA 92114-xxxx
N/A

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/charles-mullen/21/a88/876
https://www.facebook.com/c3g6m4/about

I hope you are not trying to pull a scam Mr. Mullen. Although by reading some things on your facebook it seems this is your area of interest. (Being security)

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:25:12 PM

https://btcjam.com/listings/13905
.....whitehat business project ....

So you are accessing bushiness security camera's without consent?  Even though they are unsecured am i understanding right that you access first without consent then "We will also bring massive awareness to the company's of the vulnerable camera systems".  Normally a proper security consultant operates with a signed consent with a agreed upon testing between both parties. 

It is not whitehat if there is not consent even with the best of intentions.  I would read your TOS on internet service provider and a lot of other things... if you go large scale i suggest a good lawyer to look into your practice before going bigger....
steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:30:20 PM

Whoa... BitCoinXQ isn't even up and ready and I haven't even done enough research to make a move with it yet at all

I didn't say anything about BitCoinXQ and this has nothing to do with this at all

I don't even have definitive plans with BitCoinXQ yet because I'm still doing research whether or not if it's a valid program or not....

I asked if they were a Ponzi scheme and have talked to them for hours on the phone and they're giving out short term loans with extremely high APR % which is how they make their money....

And that isn't even my correct information.... Why would you "dox" my information for somebody who is legitimate?

My $20k per year income is verified with BTC Jam so I can easily repay this loan if I don't make $$$ by pitching to companies that their security cameras are vulnerable.

"So you are accessing buisness security camera's without consent?"

Google indexes these searches... I needed to verify that these security vulnerabilities are indeed real which I did... but no, why would I be actively accessing their security cameras with ill intent? I am going to teach them how to fix and patch these vulnerabilities up so they don't have anymore unnecessary people spying and controlling them.

What's with the accusations? Please do your research. How do whitehat "hackers" do their work? They need to identify the vulnerabilities and make sure that they are indeed real so they proceed to give these companies with real solutions that will patch it up without any worry or doubt.
steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:32:09 PM

How am I a loan scammer if I am verified with BTC Jam? I am not asking for a loan on BTC Talk.... My credit + income have both been verified.

It is even safer to use BTC Jam as an escrow service because all of my personal information is tied in with them and I am simply not going anywhere.

Why would I need collateral if I have a $20k per year income that can pay a $3.5k loan with ease? I also have a trust fund with around $10k in it and much more money on the way.

Also, why would I need a lawyer if I am going to be telling these businesses and individuals how to patch their vulnerable camera systems?

EDUCATIONAL/INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY:
http://pastebin.com/YCzvEj5V

My compiled list of search strings that Google had indexed 100,000+ unsecured camera systems worldwide.

Don't you understand that I am going to tell them how to fix it so that they don't have to worry about this anymore?

It's a slow and lengthy process and I don't appreciate your "negative" rep because you simply do not even know half of the story and it was completely unjust.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:37:18 PM

I needed to verify that these security vulnerabilities are indeed real which I did

What's with the accusations? Please do your research. How do whitehat "hackers" do their work? They need to identify the vulnerabilities and make sure that they are indeed real so they proceed to give these companies with real solutions that will patch it up without any worry or doubt.

Bold again.. unaurthized accessing of these devices. Just becuse google index'es it does not give you a right to access it.

A proper security consultant would "Normally a proper security consultant operates with a signed consent with a agreed upon testing between both parties."  If you are using known exploits searching the internet and opening cameras... again I would say actions of not a proper security consultant.... or one that operates legally.

I am not saying you are a scam, just that it's a horrible idea.  You would need a lawyer as I don't think you have done your due diligence with laws, and would question your credentials as a security consultant.  I think you sound like you have a good intentions, but lack proper training and knowledge of this field.
steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:43:01 PM

Well, I suppose you are right but the catch-22 of the situation is, how else are they going to get their camera systems fixed if no one is going to notify them of this by verification?

If no one helps them out, these 100,000's of cameras are going to remain unsecure forever and the more "blackhat" people to allow free access to spy and control them.

The payment processor I am with, Worldpay, did not question anything about needing a lawyer as I explained everything to them fully and it seemed okay and I got my merchant account approved in the same day.

Like you said, my intentions aren't bad... I just have to figure out a better way to approach all of this so everything is safe and secure on both ends (Myself and others' unsecured cameras accessible via the internet)

I do know how to help them patch it up though.... I can walk them through this with quite some ease....

Let me think about it more and I will report back later

Also, not sure what is up with "coldgamer". He seems to hand out negative feedback to everybody and judging from what he did here, is not thorough with his judgments and evaluations and it obviously wasn't warranted.
steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:45:57 PM

So which Administrator or Moderator do I contact to have this feedback disputed?

He obviously didn't do any research and didn't even bother to spend more than 30 seconds to make an accurate evaluation/judgment.

Huh
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:48:13 PM

Well, I suppose you are right but the catch-22 of the situation is, how else are they going to get their camera systems fixed if no one is going to notify them of this by verification?

The sad thing is they wont.  But you have to act legally if you want to be a security consultant.  Even if intentions are good does not make it legal.
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:48:30 PM

So which Administrator or Moderator do I contact to have this feedback disputed?

He obviously didn't do any research and didn't even bother to spend more than 30 seconds to make an evaluation/judgment which is obviously incorrect.

Huh
The trust system is unmoderated, nobody can do shit about it except for me.  We've gone from potential loan scammer to greyhat extortion $3000 loan?  

steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:50:58 PM

dude.... I have good intentions here.... Not sure why you left me that feedback for

I was thinking if they don't want to pay a small fee for giving them awareness, I would probably end up doing it for free anyways because I might be obliged to
RiverBoatBTC

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:52:05 PM

uhhh... Can you stop coming to premature conclusions and learn how to do your research?

Why would I scam using my 5 year old LLC?

Read the rest of the thread because you're misinformed, jumping to conclusions, and obviously don't know more than 25% of what's going on.

Show me where I said scam please, you just previously had a business number that is listed to a panda express

steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:53:34 PM

I just told you earlier.... That's not even my real dox

This is what you said "I hope you are not trying to pull a scam Mr. Mullen. Although by reading some things on your facebook it seems this is your area of interest. (Being security)"
steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:56:28 PM

...and how did you come up with my area of interest being "scamming" just by looking on my FB?

and how do you not remember just accusing me of scamming?

I don't understand.... How did you prematurely come with this conclusion? I'm just saying because it doesn't make any sense at all.

Did you even read anything that I posted or look at any of the pictures on there?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:57:39 PM

dude.... I have good intentions here.... Not sure why you left me that feedback for

I was thinking if they don't want to pay a small fee for giving them awareness, I would probably end up doing it for free anyways because I might be obliged to

That is almost blackmail....

The client needs to hire you first.  Again if you are out doing this please go consult a lawyer.  One that deal's with computer's on a regular basis not just any will be up on the laws.  Can you please list your computer security credentials and certifications?  

You will not be able to do this legally ... plain and simple.  

steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 05:58:56 PM

well, I am not doing it yet... but I don't really need credentials or certificates to work as an "independent contractor" to help fix somebody's system that nobody else is telling them.

This I know for a fact....

I really don't see how I'm blackmailing them.... if I'm going to end up doing it for free most of the time anyways
steelbuzz (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:01:45 PM

Not really sure how you came to the conclusion that my field of interest might be scamming when I have two these huge notes/entries from January on my front page:

A Suggestion For Practical Serious Crime Prevention & Rehabilitation In The Next 50 Years

COMMON SENSE WISDOM (VERY IMPORTANT SPIRITUALLY EMPOWERED THOUGHTS TO HELP LEAD YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION)

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 06:04:06 PM

well, I am not doing it yet... but I don't really need credentials or certificates to work as an "independent contractor" to help fix somebody's system that nobody else is telling them.

This I know for a fact....

I really don't see how I'm blackmailing them.... if I'm going to end up doing it for free most of the time anyways

As i suspected no qualifications or certifications.  The reason for them is they would have been a good idea, either in this case would have told you what your suggesting is not legal or a proper practice for a security consultant.  

You can fix it for free on all of them.... still would not change you accessed it before getting consent. And would not turn this into a legal solution.  There is a reason this is out there and someone isn't already fixing them.

Again i mentioned nothing about scamming, just the business model itself.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: