Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:35:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iran actress scandal??  (Read 2876 times)
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:38:05 PM

In this connection I would like to mention that a man is kicked out of Saudi Arab for being too handsome. Meet Omar Borkan al Gala

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/25/omar-borkan-al-gala-dubai-saudi-arabia-too-handsome-pictures_n_3152761.html

These things can only happen under Islamic regime.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:52:22 PM

In this connection I would like to mention that a man is kicked out of Saudi Arab for being too handsome. Meet Omar Borkan al Gala

Don't believe the Daily Trash. In reality, he was kicked out of Saudi Arabia because he criticized some Islamic cleric, and had talked to some women at an expo. I am not saying that the punishment was justified, but re-posting the Daily Mail crap is no good.
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:23:10 PM

Actually, I do think Iranians have a right to have a say in the actions of people representing their country such as celebrities or sport stars because it affects the image of a country, especially an Islamic country like Iran!
Imagine an athlete from US saying how gay people are disgusting and should not be allowed to marry when he was at an international event. I'm sure the political backlash would be tremendous as well!
That actress does not represent anyone, even if she was only Iranian in the festival. No Iranian agency or organization authorize or pay her to present in France. She acted for her own, not for Iran.
Isn't too hypocrite to ask for an actress to behave morally for the name of her people, especially when the people is not that moral.
I think you are absolutely right. It is only an innocent gesture and what Leila Hatami chooses to do in her free time is really up to her. And it is not like she acted in the extreme. She has been very careful in her public actions. Even making sure to wear head scarfs for every of her public appearances to appease her countrymen.

I think people like Leila Hatami who has international recognition can stand up and be a spokesperson against the oppression of women freedom in her country especially now that she has experienced this terrifying ordeal..

Besides, she is very talented anyway and I do think that many countries will be willing to give her asylum and even accept her as one of their own should she ever want to migrate.

zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:26:23 PM

Actually, I do think Iranians have a right to have a say in the actions of people representing their country such as celebrities or sport stars because it affects the image of a country, especially an Islamic country like Iran!
Imagine an athlete from US saying how gay people are disgusting and should not be allowed to marry when he was at an international event. I'm sure the political backlash would be tremendous as well!
That actress does not represent anyone, even if she was only Iranian in the festival. No Iranian agency or organization authorize or pay her to present in France. She acted for her own, not for Iran.
Isn't too hypocrite to ask for an actress to behave morally for the name of her people, especially when the people is not that moral.
I am all for women rights! But I can't say that I don't understand where the other side's argument is coming from. I think every time you appear on an international stage, you are representing your country because people's eyes will all be on you and your ethnicity and with that, comes a certain level of responsibility where you have to act appropriately to represent the values of your country.

And every time you do something bad, not only you but your countrymen have to take the blame for it. For example, when Muslim extremists attacked the world trade center during 9/11, people didn't say "oh, it is because they are extremists. other Muslims are innocent." but instead it lead to a widespread paranoia against Muslims and they are still being discriminated against until today due to what a small number of people did.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
noviapriani

Activity: 350

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:28:33 PM

One to ten years of imprisonment plus flogging for pecking a foreign non-Muslim individual ( must mention that which is a normal gesture) is a punishment stated by Islam
I completely respect the religion.. But I would like to know what would be the punishment if Hatami had kissed a Muslim boy ?

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:31:56 PM

there's nothing we can really do but let them implode on themselves.. i wish were didn't meddle in their business. we probably wouldn't care and treat them like we do africa, if it weren't for all that tasty oil they have.
umair127 (OP)

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:32:17 PM

I just read this news today.

"A 25-year-old woman was stoned to death and killed by her family outside a high court in the Pakistani city of Lahore, for marrying the man she fell in love with, according to police and a lawyer. Police said about 20 members of the family started attacking Farzana Parveen, and her husband Mohammad Iqbal, with sticks and bricks as they waited for the high court to open on Tuesday afternoon."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worl...she-loved/

The father wasn't even apologetic, he was there when the police arrived and said it was justified because it was a 'honor killing' because by not marrying the person the family chose for her, the woman have disgraced the family. WTF.

And apparently this kind of 'killing' is common in Pakistan!

"Although the Pakistani government itself does not collect any data — and it is illegal to carry out such killings — several hundred women are said to be killed in honor killings every year in Pakistan. In the latest annual report released (PDF) by the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, 869 women were killed in the name of honor in 2013."

The fact that they can easily take away a human life like this is a very disgusting portrayal of the Pakistani attitude and perspective of women's rights.

In view of such atrocities, no wonder the Iranians wanted such harsh punishment for Leila Hatami also! I think the international community should take drastic actions to liberate and rescue the lives of oppressed women in the middle east!

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:33:45 PM

I just read this news today.

"A 25-year-old woman was stoned to death and killed by her family outside a high court in the Pakistani city of Lahore, for marrying the man she fell in love with, according to police and a lawyer. Police said about 20 members of the family started attacking Farzana Parveen, and her husband Mohammad Iqbal, with sticks and bricks as they waited for the high court to open on Tuesday afternoon."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worl...she-loved/

The father wasn't even apologetic, he was there when the police arrived and said it was justified because it was a 'honor killing' because by not marrying the person the family chose for her, the woman have disgraced the family. WTF.

And apparently this kind of 'killing' is common in Pakistan!

"Although the Pakistani government itself does not collect any data — and it is illegal to carry out such killings — several hundred women are said to be killed in honor killings every year in Pakistan. In the latest annual report released (PDF) by the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan, 869 women were killed in the name of honor in 2013."

The fact that they can easily take away a human life like this is a very disgusting portrayal of the Pakistani attitude and perspective of women's rights.

In view of such atrocities, no wonder the Iranians wanted such harsh punishment for Leila Hatami also! I think the international community should take drastic actions to liberate and rescue the lives of oppressed women in the middle east!

sounds like an honor killing to me http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honor_killing

hear about it way too often. there's just something more crazy and primitive about muslim culture. though to be fair, i do think they have legitimate reasons for not liking westerns who go in there and exploit them.
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:34:44 PM

One to ten years of imprisonment plus flogging for pecking a foreign non-Muslim individual ( must mention that which is a normal gesture) is a punishment stated by Islam
I completely respect the religion.. But I would like to know what would be the punishment if Hatami had kissed a Muslim boy ?
Absolutely agree with you !
Women in Iran aren't a symbol of innocence and chastity.. They simply are used for oppression.. I guess it is now the time for Islam to break the shell of dark ages and step up... It should follow the Catholics..

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:38:19 PM

Absolutely agree with you !
Women in Iran aren't a symbol of innocence and chastity.. They simply are used for oppression.. I guess it is now the time for Islam to break the shell of dark ages and step up... It should follow the Catholics..
Catholics used to be really bad in the oppression of women too.. What do you guys think changed? How come they are so much more open now towards women rights compared to some of the Muslim countries like Egypt, Iran & Syria?
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:40:15 PM

Why do you respect it?  I see no reason too.
Rigon

Activity: 994
Merit: 441

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:44:33 PM

I am all for women rights! But I can't say that I don't understand where the other side's argument is coming from. I think every time you appear on an international stage, you are representing your country because people's eyes will all be on you and your ethnicity and with that, comes a certain level of responsibility where you have to act appropriately to represent the values of your country.

And every time you do something bad, not only you but your countrymen have to take the blame for it. For example, when Muslim extremists attacked the world trade center during 9/11, people didn't say "oh, it is because they are extremists. other Muslims are innocent." but instead it lead to a widespread paranoia against Muslims and they are still being discriminated against until today due to what a small number of people did.
Well, as you said "every time you appear on an international stage, you are representing your country because people's eyes will all be on you and your ethnicity" => in this case I am wondering which symbol for and value of US I should see thought US representatives, Oprah Winfrey or Miley Cirus? Difficult case right?

About your example of the case of Muslims, I guess the civilized world said the 9/11 was due to Muslim extremists, while some people say just Muslim. Racism exists along with existence of human being unfortunately. It is the same like the way we used to about black people, or immigrants. They both, black and immigrants, with time prove themselves and take their roles in our society today.

I can give a typical sample: people nowadays are very careful with china-made stuff, especially foods. We behave the same way toward commodity from China. But look in the stores, majority is china-made, in particular clothes.

After all, I think people do not judge an ethnicity by behavior of a small group, but they just take precautions. And of course there are some people who are somehow racists, trying to equate a group with the people / ethnicity they present.

Another question: if my mother is Hispanic, my father is Anglo Saxon and Asian mixed, I was born in Morocco and now living in the States but I have French citizenship, which people you would blame if I do something bad?
sana8410

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:50:30 PM

hmmm that is indeed a good observation. But sometimes one bad apple can indeed spoil the whole crate.

You have a good attitude towards people who are different than you and that is really good. In fact, I think like that too. lol but sometimes we have to understand that there are a lot of other people don't think like that and are quick to jump to conclusions. And sometimes people who are hateful can do the most damage such as discrimination and attacking people who are different than them.

Which is why I think controlling the image you project to the majority about your group as a member of the minority is important so that they can see past the bad and start to really understand you and your people. Going back to my analogy, lots of people think negatively about black people in the US in the past because of a few bad apples who committed a lot of crimes. And it was a very long and difficult task to start convincing people otherwise once the first image was cast because of the fear.

But that is besides the point.

Back to your question, I would blame you yourself for your wrong deeds. Because I know better. But if you did something bad in the states, others who are not so enlightened and the media will first blame Morocco, because it is always easier to blame a foreign country that people don't understand well. Then they will blame your Asian ethnicity, because again, people always fear what they don't understand and lastly, if they run out of people to blame, they will blame the French. Because people like to point fingers to everyone else but themselves.

"There is nothing to fear but fear itself." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

RENT MY SIG FOR A DAY
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:44:05 PM

I think you are absolutely right. It is only an innocent gesture and what Leila Hatami chooses to do in her free time is really up to her. And it is not like she acted in the extreme. She has been very careful in her public actions. Even making sure to wear head scarfs for every of her public appearances to appease her countrymen.

I think people like Leila Hatami who has international recognition can stand up and be a spokesperson against the oppression of women freedom in her country especially now that she has experienced this terrifying ordeal..

Besides, she is very talented anyway and I do think that many countries will be willing to give her asylum and even accept her as one of their own should she ever want to migrate.

"She has been very careful in her public actions"... The very definition of woman's freedom... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:59:47 PM

Source: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/04/25/omar-borkan-al-gala-dubai-saudi-arabia-too-handsome-pictures_n_3152761.html

He looks like a young Billy Zane with a camel...

C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:46:30 PM

A Muslim wife complains to her husband that all the romance had gone out of their marriage.
"Remember when you used to carry me up to bed?" she asked.
Yeah," he replied, "But be fair, you were only eleven at the time.

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
Wilikon
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:26:12 AM

A Muslim wife complains to her husband that all the romance had gone out of their marriage.
"Remember when you used to carry me up to bed?" she asked.
Yeah," he replied, "But be fair, you were only eleven at the time.

... Her sister was 7.
uglyfatbitch

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:44:35 AM

Enjoy freedom of speech as long as you can.

BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 04:51:42 PM

He looks like a young Billy Zane with a camel...

Really ? I dont see any similarity in these 2 faces !!! Smiley

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:37:58 PM

It wasn't even that long ago that Iran was somewhat liberal.

I really wonder just how many people in Iran actually agree with this or if it's a small minority that's just being made out to be bigger than it actually is.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: