Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:01:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Argentina Debt Crisis: U.S. Demands 1.5 billion cash (Bitcoin to Rescue?)  (Read 8843 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:25:39 PM

wait, why is it extortion on debt? if you owe the money, then you have to pay it.. no? can't blame a debt collector from collecting debt.
Fuck yes we can. I have student loan debt. Am I going to pay it ? Nope. Not ever. Over my dead fucking body will they get a penny from me.

Why? Because I don't want to fund the evil banksters who prey on impressionable young 18 year olds who don't know jack shit about the world, 18-year olds who are pressured by society into college they can't afford.

Same reason I don't buy cigarettes.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 11:49:45 PM

wait, why is it extortion on debt? if you owe the money, then you have to pay it.. no? can't blame a debt collector from collecting debt.
Fuck yes we can. I have student loan debt. Am I going to pay it ? Nope. Not ever. Over my dead fucking body will they get a penny from me.

Why? Because I don't want to fund the evil banksters who prey on impressionable young 18 year olds who don't know jack shit about the world, 18-year olds who are pressured by society into college they can't afford.

Huh?  You had a choice to go to uni and further your education.  You want to blame *evil bankers* because you cant do high school math and make a real decision at 18?
leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:46:55 AM

debt is fine as long as its your own currency, just print it

Share Argentina can't scam their creditors by printing USD like USA can  Sad

Truth is the new hatespeech.
Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:16:38 AM

debt is fine as long as its your own currency, just print it

Share Argentina can't scam their creditors by printing USD like USA can  Sad

Shame US can't retaliate against all those nations dumping and bribing their way to compete and undercut world markets to their advantage, claiming 'cultural differences' whenever convenient.

Oh wait, we can Smiley
Honeypot

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:17:53 AM

Huh?  You had a choice to go to uni and further your education.  You want to blame *evil bankers* because you cant do high school math and make a real decision at 18?

Enjoy paying the debt you took willingly either through plain irresponsibility or naivte the other way around. In prison or destroyed credit rating.

It's this kind of bitch mentality that does more damage than good for fight against corruption.
Honeypot

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:19:40 AM

Huh?  You had a choice to go to uni and further your education.  You want to blame *evil bankers* because you cant do high school math and make a real decision at 18?

This.
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:03:26 AM

Argentina owes the money.

A court of competent jurisdiction has affirmed the validity of the debt and its call.

Argentina needs to pay up.

Perhaps Argentina should be repossessed?

Smiley

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:21:06 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 02:31:07 AM by Beliathon

Huh?  You had a choice to go to uni and further your education.  You want to blame *evil bankers* because you cant do high school math and make a real decision at 18?
Was it really a choice, though? From childhood it's drilled into our heads that the ONLY way to a decent life is through higher education, which has become completely unaffordable for the vast majority of Americans.

Suffer a life of wage-slavery and abuse, or go to college. Hmm yeah no pressure there, totally a legit decision the average 18 year old is mature and informed enough to make!

That must be why the USA has a trillion dollar student loan debt bubble, you massively ignorant fuckwit. I beg you, read a book or shut the hell up and get out of the way. Your ignorance disgusts and enrages me.

That's because your ignorance enables the oligarchs to continue their enslavement of the populace of this world, and that can no longer be tolerated by any decent, well-informed, ethical human being. Ignorance in the information age is totally shameful and unforgivable. It's so easy to learn, now.

How ironic that I'M the one who did his homework. Better luck next time, you clueless assclown.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
Honeypot

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:30:33 AM

Was it really a choice, though? From childhood it's drilled into our heads that the ONLY way to a decent life is through higher education, which has become completely unaffordable for the vast majority of Americans.

Suffer a life of wage-slavery and abuse, or go to college. Hmm yeah no pressure there, totally a legit decision the average 18 year old is mature enough to make!

That must be why the USA has a trillion dollar student loan debt bubble, you massively ignorant fuckwit. I beg you, read a book or shut the hell up and get out of the way. Your ignorance disgusts and enrages me.

Somebody poked you in the right places for you to squeal that much Smiley

Should have taken extra care to balance your funds, and win scholarships. Middle class gets hit hard because of tuitions, but from my experience, those who really try to look for necessary funds outside of their comfort zone find more of them they thought.

This is speaking to various college students of various backgrounds, from filthy poor to filthy rich and everything in the middle. You just sound like a frustrated impotent.

Any college tuition benefit organization would not like a student who thinks blaming 'brainwashing' at early age for their poor choices. You don't sound like you know what that really means.

Typical college kids these days. I would only pity you because you were raised by sub standard environment and cannot be bothered to know any better.
pgbit

Activity: 771
Merit: 258

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:34:27 AM

Differences between US and Argentina govt debt: http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

██▄     ▄▄░
▀██▄ ▄██▀
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
████▀                   ▀████
████       ▄▄█████▄▄  ▀▄   ████
████      ▄██████████▄▀    ████
████      ████████▀▀       ████
████  ▄▀ ▄██▀▀▀   ▄██      ████
████   ▀▀     ▄▄███▀       ████
████▄                   ▄████
▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
SECONDLIVE
CHOOSE LIFE      CHOOSE SPACE      CHOOSE FRIENDS
|    Twitter    |  Telegram  |   Medium   |  YouTube  |   Discord   |    TikTok    |    GitHub    |
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   S T A K E   L I T T L E   W I N   B I G   
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ▄▄███████▄▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
   ████████████████████▄
  ███████▀▀▀█████████████
 ██████▌     ▀████████████
███████▀ ▀▀▄▄██▀▀▀█████████
██████             ▀███████
██████▄             ███████
 ███████▄▄        ▄███████
  ███████████▄▄▄▄█████████
   ▀███████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
   ██████████████████████
ArnoldChippy

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:38:41 AM

Differences between US and Argentina govt debt: http://www.usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

Oh, yes, I often check there to see how well the 'austerity measures' are doing to help get us back on track here in the UK.  Angry Sad Shocked

As Beliathon quite rightly infers in his posts, we are largely oblivious slaves to this system, but as the fraud becomes more widely recognised and reacted to by the average punter, then eventually that system will become unsustainable and change will happen.

In short, Argentina doesn't actually owe the US anything other than the cost of printing those dollars, and seeing as they were more than likely only computer credits anyway, then (going by bitcoin payment fees), they perhaps need to add $1 to cover their costs.  Grin

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:51:24 AM

guess you missed the video's about how mortgages, loans, credit is how money is created.

US 'created' money (no true value went to argentina) but now US wants true value back

now that most people understand bitcoins and altcoins.. i can use a crypto analogy to explain FIAT, rather then the other way around

imagine the USA made an altcoin, called BONDScoin. and said each bondscoin was worth 1million bitcoins (purely because they said so) and then gave 1 bondscoins to argentina. stipulating that they dont want the bondscoins back, but they do want 1.5 million bitcoins back

You forgot the part were they created billions of bondscoins, driving the value of bondscoins down to near nothingness. So that they can't be used to pay of the 'debt'.

In short, Argentina doesn't actually owe the US anything other than the cost of printing those dollars, and seeing as they were more than likely only computer credits anyway, then (going by bitcoin payment fees), they perhaps need to add $1 to cover their costs.  Grin

I believe someone won a case once claiming he did not owe the bank any money because the bank never owned the money in the first place or something.
Schinder75

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:15:32 AM

While I agree that a creditor has a right to collect, why the f*&k are they doing it now? Are they trying to cause a collapse? We (the US) send billions to other countries all the time to help them out, why are we now hurting the economy of someone that I assume is an ally?

Billions send to other countries that are borrowed from other countries or that are printed from nothing by fed. The US gouvernment will never be able to pay back their debts. Maybe they can, but before they have to inflate the US dollar in a massive way.

If China makes this move the US does on Argentinia, the US gouvernment will be bankrupt instant.

I cannot believe that the US gouvernment is feeded by a PRIVATE institute called FED. It should be clear who has the control of the USA. The private capital and not the people or citizens. Like everywhere in the world ;-)

Just my point of view....
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:39:33 PM

While I agree that a creditor has a right to collect, why the f*&k are they doing it now? Are they trying to cause a collapse? We (the US) send billions to other countries all the time to help them out, why are we now hurting the economy of someone that I assume is an ally?

Billions send to other countries that are borrowed from other countries or that are printed from nothing by fed. The US gouvernment will never be able to pay back their debts.
That's exactly right, and well said. Believe me when I say not only can the US government not afford to pay back their debts, they never had any intention of doing so. There's a reason we have a sprawling military empire.

When you've got guns to the heads of everyone in the world, you don't HAVE to repay any debts - ever. Who's going to make you? Think about it.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun."
-Mao Tse-Tung

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:55:15 PM

guess you missed the video's about how mortgages, loans, credit is how money is created.

US 'created' money (no true value went to argentina) but now US wants true value back

now that most people understand bitcoins and altcoins.. i can use a crypto analogy to explain FIAT, rather then the other way around

imagine the USA made an altcoin, called BONDScoin. and said each bondscoin was worth 1million bitcoins (purely because they said so) and then gave 1 bondscoins to argentina. stipulating that they dont want the bondscoins back, but they do want 1.5 million bitcoins back

You forgot the part were they created billions of bondscoins, driving the value of bondscoins down to near nothingness. So that they can't be used to pay of the 'debt'.

no i didnt forget.
the idea of my bondscoin analogy is correct. true value of bondscoin is zero.. just like all alts, because you cant spend a bond or a bonscoin with any merchants. but the coin developer (USA) declare/speculate a value (purely because they said so), this is why USA dont want the bondscoins back.. they want something with true value.. bitcoins + extra bitcoins in interest

EG
USA -> bondscoins -> argentina -> bitcoins -> USA
USA -> bonds -> argentina -> dollars / gold -> USA

bonds / bondscoin disapear in the middle (argentina is left holding the bag) but real value is demanded back
bondscoin / bonds. are just a no utility, no where to spend, pump and dump financial mechanism. utterly useless in reality. they are only used as a contract mechanism to say "if i gave you something that YOU agree is worth $1bill, you agree to give me back $1.5bill in actual dollar bank notes".. i then send you a piece of paper with 6 characters on it '$1BILL'. or i send you a useless altcoin that YOU have agreed is worth $1billion because i said thats what its worth and you accepted it. yet you cant wipe your ass with it or spend it at walmart. but by you accepting it. you have now made this fake value, because you have now made USA $1.5bilion (once they hold you at gunpoint to repay it)

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:12:10 PM

A guy I have bought Bitcoin from says that BTC is catching on in a big way down there in Argentina, due to their inept and dictatorial .gov.

And I read somewhere that BTC goes for a hefty premium there (30%!).

Two takeaways:

1) NEVER lend money to Argentina, never, ever.

2) BTC has its real uses, especially in moving one's own capital out.
murraypaul

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

If China makes this move the US does on Argentinia, the US gouvernment will be bankrupt instant.

China cannot to this to the US because the US has not defaulted on its debt.
Argentina has.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
murraypaul

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:22:59 PM

Argentina doesn't owe the US anything.
They owe the private holders of Argentinian government bonds.
The fact that the bondholders sued and won in the US courts doesn't mean Argentina owe anything to the US government.

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:35:17 PM

In short, Argentina doesn't actually owe the US anything other than the cost of printing those dollars, and seeing as they were more than likely only computer credits anyway, then (going by bitcoin payment fees), they perhaps need to add $1 to cover their costs.  Grin

The fact that the bondholders sued and won in the US courts doesn't mean Argentina owe anything to the US government.
Private bondholders of foreign debt are also private owners of USA Incorporated. Remember, the political elite, the financial elite, the corporate elite - all these are the SAME people, members of the SAME caste in the USA.

Here and now it's a tiny fraction of the population who own everything, domestic property, foreign debt, profits from war, and the reigns of political power. They are the polyglot neo-oligarchy of neo-feudal America.

If you don't believe me, watch this.

murraypaul

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 04:11:47 PM

In short, Argentina doesn't actually owe the US anything other than the cost of printing those dollars, and seeing as they were more than likely only computer credits anyway, then (going by bitcoin payment fees), they perhaps need to add $1 to cover their costs.  Grin

Private bondholders of foreign debt are also private owners of USA Incorporated. Remember, the political elite, the financial elite, the corporate elite - all these are the SAME people, members of the SAME caste in the USA.

Blah blah blah.
This is not a government-government conflict, it is private citizens suing a government.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: