Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:29:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If One Invest $500 In mining Then What could be the ROI  (Read 969 times)
hbhanot (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 07:44:09 PM

I just not getting all this mining stuff. Heard of cex.io.
How this all work?
Please explain a bit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
idrathershred

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:01:22 PM

You'd get less bitcoin if you invested $500 into mining equipment than you would if you were to just buy $500 worth of bitcoin. It's extremely hard to ROI with mining right now. And personally I wouldn't go anywhere near cex.io. They're kind of the enemy right now as far as bitcoin goes haha.
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2950

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:03:41 PM

I wouldn't get into mining either if I were you. Right now I'd recommend the old B&H(Buy&Hold).
BUT.. if you can risk that amount and really want to get started with mining, AND have the time to learn about the mining process/bitcoin protocol AND find some serious vendors AND if you can find some really good offers(rather in hand than pre-order), I say go for it.

Just remember, don't invest more than you can afford to lose.

KiddAvent

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:44:19 AM

hmmm,don't invest in cex.io, Grin
so many high fees,and diff increase too,just make u loss your money,
maybe u can search an alternative option to cloud mining if u want, Wink
More4me

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:59:42 AM

I don't understand why people say you loose money at cex.io, If you purchase $500 in GHash and let them mine for you, any and all btc they mine is profit!  If it looks like the bottom is going to fall out of the market, Just sell the GHash and get your $500 back, You may get a little less or a little more depending on the Price of the GHash when you sell.. You are still making $$$$ while the GHash you purchased is mining for you!!!  This is the way I see it anyway! But everyone has their own ideas about things!
idrathershred

Activity: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:49:00 AM

I don't understand why people say you loose money at cex.io, If you purchase $500 in GHash and let them mine for you, any and all btc they mine is profit!  If it looks like the bottom is going to fall out of the market, Just sell the GHash and get your $500 back, You may get a little less or a little more depending on the Price of the GHash when you sell.. You are still making $$$$ while the GHash you purchased is mining for you!!!  This is the way I see it anyway! But everyone has their own ideas about things!

Have you ever heard of a little something called the difficulty increase? Haha it's not as simple as spending some money on gh/s, mining for a while and then selling the gh/s for the same price as you bought them for. The difficulty increases roughly every 2 weeks and when that happens your gh/s become less valuable. Also, the price for gh/s on cex.io is usually pretty high to begin with, not to mention the fees that they throw at you... Mining just simply isn't profitable at the current price of btc. However, the best way to wrap your head around it is to try it. You learn really quickly that it isn't the easy money that it initially sounds like it's going to be.
More4me

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:00:32 AM

I don't think the difficulty has anything to do with what you buy or sell your ghash for on cex.io, I bought my ghash more than a month ago @ 0.00646300 btc and now I can sell them for 0.00765999 btc ,  There is no difficulty in that! There is difficulty in the mining ghash do, and that goes into figuring how much my payout is for the ghash I have working. Not the ghash themselves!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: