Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 10:09:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinpete - Hater or someone to take serious?  (Read 761 times)
doolittle (OP)

Activity: 340
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:15:12 PM

I recently came across this website: http://bitcoinpete.com  Some of the titles sound very interesting.
Kind of investigative and critical journalism: Role of circle, coindesk, Bitangels, ... in the current ecosystem.

However, when reading the content it seemed to me like the author is very emotional / arrogant / opinionated / negative.
I also had trouble to understand a lot of what he was writing as he uses a lot of US colloquial language I am not familiar with.

So I am asking:
Is it worth the read? Or is he/she somebody who just likes to offend people making a fuzz about small inaccuracies in the statements of others?

Bonus question: What are the best bloggers in your opinion?
I like Tim Swanson, Two-bit idiot, and Daniel Kawisz from Mises Circle, who is more controversial and outspoken (but not nearly as opinionated as Btcoinpete.)
Cancan

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:42:38 PM

The name, Bitcoinpete, does ring a bell. Don't remember actually reading anything on that site, so I won't opinionate.
Just wanted to say that I heard about it since a whole while ago(if not mistaken), so he/she/them aren't quite new to the bitcoin scene.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4487

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 08:59:08 PM

I recently came across this website: http://bitcoinpete.com  Some of the titles sound very interesting.
Kind of investigative and critical journalism: Role of circle, coindesk, Bitangels, ... in the current ecosystem.

However, when reading the content it seemed to me like the author is very emotional / arrogant / opinionated / negative.
I also had trouble to understand a lot of what he was writing as he uses a lot of US colloquial language I am not familiar with.

So I am asking:
Is it worth the read? Or is he/she somebody who just likes to offend people making a fuzz about small inaccuracies in the statements of others?

Bonus question: What are the best bloggers in your opinion?
I like Tim Swanson, Two-bit idiot, and Daniel Kawisz from Mises Circle, who is more controversial and outspoken (but not nearly as opinionated as Btcoinpete.)

what i hate is sheeple that are just pleasant to each other and ignorant to facts/research. listen to any and all information and then look beyond what they have said to see if what they say holds weight. id prefer to read/listen to 10 opinionated people rather than listen/read repeated waffle from sheeple who don't do any research

sometimes these small inaccuracies need pointing out as too many sheeple will simply quote the inaccuracy and spread it like FUD, (butterfly effect)

hense why even my opinionated posts have a disclaimer in the footer. always DYOR do your own research

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:00:32 PM

just looks like another blogger.

most bloggers have opinions.

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:04:03 PM

Haven't read or come across much by him, but when I had, I could detect a little taste of that too...

it seemed to me like the author is very emotional / arrogant / opinionated / negative.

However, fully agree on this too. No point being a celebrity talk show host if all you spout is rainbows and air.

what i hate is sheeple that are just pleasant to each other and ignorant to facts/research. listen to any and all information and then look beyond what they have said to see if what they say holds weight. id prefer to read/listen to 10 opinionated people rather than listen/read repeated waffle from sheeple who don't do any research

I also think it's funny how OP referenced his American slang, from what I understand he is from Canada. Don't read many bloggers or anything like that personally though, although I do enjoy some good journalism and relevant stories.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:19:54 PM

He likes MPEx a lot:
MPEx vs. The Play Bitcoin Exchanges
http://bitcoinpete.com/2014/05/11/mpex-vs-the-play-bitcoin-exchanges/
Last time I looked that site still appeared to be a pitiful joke...Looks are not everything, but you have got to be kidding, right?

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:26:59 PM

He likes MPEx a lot:
Last time I looked that site still appeared to be a pitiful joke...Looks are not everything, but you have got to be kidding, right?

Hmm... agreed. And this is coming from somebody who needs to update/change/work on his own site too. But yes- very, very basic design going on there. Very boring to the wandering eyes. 2 colors on a white background, no pictures in sight (or, site?  Wink). Need to keep those readers/followers/visitors satisfied with some more eye-appealing content.

Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:30:38 PM

He likes MPEx a lot:

Hmm... agreed. And this is coming from somebody who needs to update/change/work on his own site too. But yes- very, very basic design going on there. Very boring to the wandering eyes. 2 colors on a white background, no pictures in sight (or, site?  Wink). Need to keep those readers/followers/visitors satisfied with some more eye-appealing content.

MPEx is probably very secure, and you do not need to have a "graphically beautiful site" but...
I could never begin to take them seriously with an exchange set up like that.

snarlpill

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 09:37:10 PM

Oh my goodness, lol! I thought you were talking about bitcoinpete's site at first, that is what my comments referred to. When I confirmed you were talking about MPEx, I checked their site and just about had my eyes burned out, ha. And I'm not even a hater of simple, straight-to-the-point, no fluff sites (I Love just-dice's statistics-heavy bare bones layout). But honestly, functionality and security aside, I would probably not want to check back into that site frequently. Maybe this will reach them and they will change their ways.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4487

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:38:53 PM

He likes MPEx a lot:

Hmm... agreed. And this is coming from somebody who needs to update/change/work on his own site too. But yes- very, very basic design going on there. Very boring to the wandering eyes. 2 colors on a white background, no pictures in sight (or, site?  Wink). Need to keep those readers/followers/visitors satisfied with some more eye-appealing content.

sheeple like shiny things and will use it even if its broken, if a site has good function, content and truly works, the real people will use it.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Bit_Happy
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 09:47:46 PM

He likes MPEx a lot:

sheeple like shiny things and will use it even if its broken, if a site has good function, content and truly works, the real people will use it.

Not everything in life is black and white  (or "shiny vs dull")
MPEX is still charging almost $18,000 (30 BTC) for a new membership, so they could afford a site that looks a little bit more like a "real" exchange.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: