Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 03:12:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WTF? Are they playing with us? GHash.io hashrate  (Read 931 times)
S4VV4S (OP)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:28:05 PM

OK,

so we had a 51% hashrate the other day belonging to GHash and their hashrate was at 40PH +/- 3
which is exactly what they have now.

So what happened?
PHs appeared out of the blue everywhere so 40PH+ is only 32% now?

That doesn't make sense....
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:45:21 PM

Overall, the hash rate is increasing pretty quickly at the moment.  We only passed 100 PH/s a few days ago and are already pushing 120.  Maybe miners buying new or extra hardware just happen to be using other pools?  Difficult to say for sure what the cause is, but the effect is welcome either way.
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:48:52 PM

Overall, the hash rate is increasing pretty quickly at the moment.  We only passed 100 PH/s a few days ago and are already pushing 120.  Maybe miners buying new or extra hardware just happen to be using other pools?  Difficult to say for sure what the cause is, but the effect is welcome either way.

It doesn't worry you that 20PH just pop up in just a couple of days?
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:53:15 PM

I think I know were its from   .. Discus fish nailin blocks all day today.. several in a row...  multiple times today and yesterday..:/

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
MrGreenHat

Activity: 173
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:53:54 PM

It sure as hell worries me about a high increase in difficulty
S4VV4S (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 10:55:32 PM

Tell me about it....
I will have to switch off my miners soon since they will become obsolete  Embarrassed
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:03:14 PM

Tell me about it....
I will have to switch off my miners soon since they will become obsolete  Embarrassed

SOLOMINE for the win. I know I'm going to get lucky Smiley
d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:10:36 PM

Also has anyone received the spoodolies tech miners yet??  if those came online ughhhh..  soon my 8.5 ths gonn a be a laughable amount and I hoped that it wasn't a month down the road Embarrassed

Scary times for the miners... id hoped that the sellin out of the s1 from bitmain would slow things down a bit. But that not happening..

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
DooMAD
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 3160

Leave no FUD unchallenged

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 11:11:09 PM

It doesn't worry you that 20PH just pop up in just a couple of days?

Honestly, it would worry me more if the hash rate started fluctuating or going down, but the curve on the graph looks pretty stable and predictable.  I'm not quite sure how the hash rate can continue to grow as exponentially as it has, but if nothing else, bitcoin has taught me to expect the unexpected.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: