Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:47:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Argentina heading for a repeat of 2001 collapse  (Read 7278 times)
Carra23
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Need a campaign manager? PM me

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 09:25:59 PM

Will this push BTC up? If then I am all for it Grin

Prices have become boring, need some volatility.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:35:55 AM

i thought that was supposed to mean we've won?
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 12:38:06 AM

Look like some countries/cultures never learn.
Thylacine

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 09:03:43 AM

Argentina is practically a dictatorship. They can't move money out of the country.
Their little witch president practically made Repsol, a Spanish company, move out of the country (which means, no business will want to go there now if there's risk of expropriation).
Hope all this makes Argentinians invest in Bitcoin!
Usually when they get in real trouble they start drumming up nationalism over the British Falkland Islands to distract.
Didn't they already do this last year? Ended up the UK took a vote; http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-21750909, not that it really has that much validity in Argentina's mind, as far as I understand.
Mageant
Legendary

Activity: 1145
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 11:40:53 AM

Maybe this is actually the reason for the recent price move upwards.

cjgames.com
indiemax

Activity: 722
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 02:46:49 PM

I think you can add most countries in the world,Argentina are not alone

the economies are all drowning in debt, all they can do is print Grin
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:50:09 PM

Not all; countries with natural ressources, hard workers, low taxes, and small governmnt will come out on top

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:02:25 PM

don't worry, it's just the calm before the storm.

volatility will kick in once the next rally comes
indiemax

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 06:12:35 PM

Not all; countries with natural ressources, hard workers, low taxes, and small governmnt will come out on top

and they are........?
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 06:39:22 PM

and they are........?

Some have one quality, some two or three but probably none has it all; the more they have the best they will fair

USA has some natural ressources and part of its population is hard working but they have a HUGE government to support

indiemax

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:32:02 PM

and they are........?

Some have one quality, some two or three but probably none has it all; the more they have the best they will fair

USA has some natural ressources and part of its population is hard working but they have a HUGE government to support

and they are burning the night oil printing Grin
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 09:19:00 PM

and they are........?

The states have a lot of positive but huge negatives and unsustainable liabilities that will sadly undermine all the potential greatness; it used to be the land of the opportunity, freedom and free market and it became something else

The fall of the USD will hurt most of the world but when the dust settles, China and other strong economies will come out on top; they will be the USA that used to be
In the 50's one good salary was enough to support a whole family, a full time nanny without any debts; in the 70's americans were going in Europe and lived like kings; now two good salaries are usually not enough to live really confortably

Gargulan

Activity: 231
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:35:50 AM

and they are........?

The states have a lot of positive but huge negatives and unsustainable liabilities that will sadly undermine all the potential greatness; it used to be the land of the opportunity, freedom and free market and it became something else

The fall of the USD will hurt most of the world but when the dust settles, China and other strong economies will come out on top; they will be the USA that used to be
In the 50's one good salary was enough to support a whole family, a full time nanny without any debts; in the 70's americans were going in Europe and lived like kings; now two good salaries are usually not enough to live really confortably

That is because people get lazy and provide sloppy service. On top of it, 9-10 people are now needed to do 1 person work because of large bureaucratic overhead.

rocks
Legendary

Activity: 1153
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 09:55:18 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 10:10:20 PM by rocks

The situation in the 50's and 70's that you describe was an unsustainable boom era post WWII where most of the world's manufacturing base was destroyed and the US represented over 50% of the world's manufacturing base. That was always going to self correct after a generation or two, and did.

The problem is that 50's to 70's boom era created a large sense of entitlement in the american mindset, and also created large government unsustainable great society programs. The hard work and self reliance mindset of the 1800's was replaced by an entitlement mindset.

After the 70's when the rest of the world caught back up, the US resorted to printing and the petrodollar to maintain an illusion of the 50's to 70's era. When what it should have done is realized the folly of the post WWII path and returned to it's roots of hard work and self reliance.

Now 3 generations have passed, and if the petrodollar falls the vast majority of the US will have no idea what to do. Everyone now turns to the government to fix everything, but if the government is no longer able to do so I seriously fear for what the government will turn into to do so. There are large pockets in the US that still try to do the right thing, but they will get swarmed in the post petrodollar crash.

I personally think Argentina is the US's future. Just 100 years ago Argentina was one of the strongest economies in the world. Much of the today's US political and academic direction takes the US straight down Argentina's path.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 12:27:28 AM

The situation in the 50's and 70's that you describe was an unsustainable boom era post WWII where most of the world's manufacturing base was destroyed and the US represented over 50% of the world's manufacturing base. That was always going to self correct after a generation or two, and did.

The problem is that 50's to 70's boom era created a large sense of entitlement in the american mindset, and also created large government unsustainable great society programs. The hard work and self reliance mindset of the 1800's was replaced by an entitlement mindset.

After the 70's when the rest of the world caught back up, the US resorted to printing and the petrodollar to maintain an illusion of the 50's to 70's era. When what it should have done is realized the folly of the post WWII path and returned to it's roots of hard work and self reliance.

Now 3 generations have passed, and if the petrodollar falls the vast majority of the US will have no idea what to do. Everyone now turns to the government to fix everything, but if the government is no longer able to do so I seriously fear for what the government will turn into to do so. There are large pockets in the US that still try to do the right thing, but they will get swarmed in the post petrodollar crash.

I personally think Argentina is the US's future. Just 100 years ago Argentina was one of the strongest economies in the world. Much of the today's US political and academic direction takes the US straight down Argentina's path.

Your second paragraph explains it very well but you have a large percentage of the young generation in the US that understood everyone was worse off when the state was manipulating markets, growing too big and money was taken out of revenues and wasted : some hope is still possible for the US

There is a whole world out there that is not the US; they are working hard, innovating, booming and not taxing too much (yet); vote with your feet?

wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:44:51 AM

and they are........?

Please someone answer this!
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:26:59 AM

and they are........?

I think natural resources is not a key point. Trade is what matters, taxes and tariffs means poverty. I guess the people of the land has to know this, and demand relative freedom, else they let the criminals to the top.
AdamSmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:06:40 AM

and they are........?

Singapore has quality worker and little to no natural resources. It seems to be doing fine.

China has cheap and hardworkers, low taxes. They are also doing fine.

Saudi, Iraq and Iran have huge natural resources. Population is not doing ok despite the oil wealth even before US invasion.
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 08:21:36 AM

Not all; countries with natural ressources, hard workers, low taxes, and small government will come out on top

and they are........?

Singapore has quality worker and little to no natural resources. It seems to be doing fine.

Saudi, Iraq and Iran have huge natural resources. Population is not doing ok despite the oil wealth even before US invasion.

Don't think one quality is sufficient obviously like in real life! But my point was everyone will suffer of the USA collapse in the short term but a lot of countries will fair well and may even benefit of the end of the USD reign; the USA will probably not die without a fight and it's a giant so it will survive then hopefully shine again when it will be again the land of the freedoms

Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:39:53 AM

Not all; countries with natural ressources, hard workers, low taxes, and small government will come out on top

and they are........?

Don't think one quality is sufficient obviously like in real life! But my point was everyone will suffer of the USA collapse in the short term but a lot of countries will fair well and may even benefit of the end of the USD reign; the USA will probably not die without a fight and it's a giant so it will survive then hopefully shine again when it will be again the land of the freedoms

Why would everyone suffer? Only because of sudden changes that can occur. USA does not currently produce the wealth of the world and distribute it all over. After the first world war, maybe. Nowadays, USA mostly export money, and receive goods from foreign producers, stacking up debt in the process.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: