Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:05:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] 5 Bitmine Coincraft 1 TH miners  (Read 6103 times)
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:19:26 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 08:13:09 AM by allinvain

Hi everyone. I'd like to sell my 5 Bitmine Coincraft 1 TH miners. These are original bitmine.ch units not Chinese A1 clones. I bought these recently from cryptx and needless to say it was a nightmare for me. Out of the 6 I bought only 5 of these hash and had no shipping damage.

Whoever buys them will get them shipped with the modules OUT. I am not risking the rigs getting destroyed a second time. Also the PSU will be OUT of the case and shipped separately with the modules. Trust me you want the PSU outside the case anyways (if you're a really handy guy I suggest you cut out a 120mm hole on the side of the case for the PSU intake fan if you like to have the PSU inside the case).

I'd like at least $900 per unit - but see the last post on this thread for the latest (lowest) price as I'll continually lower it.

If no good offers come I guess I have no choice but to keep them.

I'm not trying to make a profit off of these just get my btc back and maybe reinvest that into some different gear.

Pics available upon request. These are USED units. I bought them used I'm selling them used.

EDIT: BTW, local pickup would be welcome and PREFERRED! - assuming you're nearby. I'm located in the Southwester Ontario region (PM me for the exact location if you are really interested in these and can commit to carrying through with the transaction)

xray

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:37:57 AM

Where you shipping from ?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 04:03:14 AM

Southwester Ontario, Canada.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:57:16 PM

2 btc shipped no need escrow (i trust you) as long as it's working.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:01:34 PM

2 btc for one unit I presume?

data55

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:50:54 PM

How about 6.5BTC for the lot?

I'm addicted to hashpower and horsepower.
*Reinstated from hack - Dec. 2020*
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:25:02 AM

No thanks. Guys, don't bother lowballing me with half my requested asking price. I'm only selling them if I can get what I paid back, otherwise I am infinitely better off mining with them.

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:27:01 AM

No thanks. Guys, don't bother lowballing me with half my requested asking price. I'm only selling them if I can get what I paid back, otherwise I am infinitely better off mining with them.

I wasn't sure what to make of this thread because I recall your thread about receiving them with most broken. Are you saying of the 6 you received 4 work reliably?

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
data55

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:30:57 AM

I wasn't sure what to make of this thread because I recall your thread about receiving them with most broken. Are you saying of the 6 you received 4 work reliably?

That was my thinking.. I read the thread where, iirc, pretty much every one came DOA and almost every other one had "boards bouncing around"...

Can you post pictures of the insides of the ones you're trying to unload? If they are in good condition I'll up my price.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:04:51 AM

Yep, just 4. The rest are in parts and pieces. I've got 8 non working (tested to the best of my abilities) modules, two extra PSUs. One of the PSUs won't work with a North American power plug because the power jack at the back of the PSU is of a square shape - likely meant for European or Asian markets. So yeah, not a fun buying experience for me.

yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:16:44 AM

made an offer better than 6.5.... pm'ed but no reply so I'd assume rejected?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:17:14 AM

That was my thinking.. I read the thread where, iirc, pretty much every one came DOA and almost every other one had "boards bouncing around"...

Can you post pictures of the insides of the ones you're trying to unload? If they are in good condition I'll up my price.

I can next time I'm at my hosting center. But honestly I'd really rather not take the lid off all of them unless I really have to. The insides of the working units are in good shape. The boards move a bit side to side because they are secured with screws from underneath the case which I guess works but they're not the deepest or the widest screws I've seen (the Avalon units I used to have where better mounted). The boards moving a bit side to side is not the main issue, the main problem is during shipping if the move around too much in a variety of direction (left to right, up and down) the boards can bang against each other and the heatsinks on the front of the boards can come off. The two broken miners had nearly ALL the front heatsinks broken off and rattling around in the case! You can see that partly through the development process someone's brain turned on and they finally realized that if they use epoxy or some other glue it's eventually going to come off, so some of the boards have clamps that gold the heatsinks attached firmly to the PCB along with the main heatsink.  The stupid thing is that some board have clamps on some heatsinks but not on some. Either they ran out of clamps or they got lazy.

tldr; I'll have pics in 3 to 4 days. I will be quiet busy the next few days so sorry I can't go there and take pics.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:19:38 AM

lol, no it just means I was busy typing that wall of text you see above this post Tongue

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:22:33 AM

Umm, I checked my PMs and I don't see any new messages from you other than the first one you sent.

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:32:06 AM

Yep, just 4. The rest are in parts and pieces. I've got 8 non working (tested to the best of my abilities) modules, two extra PSUs. One of the PSUs won't work with a North American power plug because the power jack at the back of the PSU is of a square shape - likely meant for European or Asian markets. So yeah, not a fun buying experience for me.

Sorry to hear about the troubles..

The power connector on the back of the PSU is most likely a NEMA C19, not specific to the EU or US market and actually widely deployed in the US, primarily for higher current server PSUs (or the LEPA 1600W as a consumer example).

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
data55

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:37:16 AM

7.5BTC shipped??

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:37:47 AM

Sorry to hear about the troubles..

The power connector on the back of the PSU is most likely a NEMA C19, not specific to the EU or US market and actually widely deployed in the US, primarily for higher current server PSUs (or the LEPA 1600W as a consumer example).

Hmm, you know what I think you are right cause the PSU in one of the units was a 1600w unit. He still shipped the miner with an european power cord though.

A quick google image search and it confirms what you told me.

yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:27:10 AM

Umm, I checked my PMs and I don't see any new messages from you other than the first one you sent.

yep, only 1 PM. but no reply from you so i'd assume it's rejected Sad
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:49:14 AM

Yes, sorry but I can't sell them for that low. I paid a bit more that your offer for just _1_ unit so I can't do that for 2 units.

data55

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:15:20 PM

Yes, sorry but I can't sell them for that low. I paid a bit more that your offer for just _1_ unit so I can't do that for 2 units.

What's a realistic price you are looking to get per miner consider I can buy new ones for the same price you're asking now and a few other new miners coming out tomorrow?

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 07:23:49 PM

Really, tell me where you can buy a new one for a lower price. I think the cheapest you can get a 1 TH miner is $1550 - A1 Chinese clone.

I think at this point maybe I should just keep them.

data55

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:31:19 PM

Really, tell me where you can buy a new one for a lower price. I think the cheapest you can get a 1 TH miner is $1550 - A1 Chinese clone.

$1550 = 2.562BTC * 4 = 10.248BTC

You're asking 10.4BTC for used miners(loosely used as they are all really used).. Not trying to insult ya or make ya mad man, just being realistic on the numbers.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 09:48:27 PM

$1550 = 2.562BTC * 4 = 10.248BTC

You're asking 10.4BTC for used miners(loosely used as they are all really used).. Not trying to insult ya or make ya mad man, just being realistic on the numbers.

No, I'm not mad at all. That's precisely what I paid for 5 of them 2.60 btc a piece. I figured at the time it was a decent price considering antminers S2 were still over $2K and the Chinese A1 clones were going for $1799.

data55

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:56:50 PM

Tomorrow they are $1600 from LKETC. I'd keep them if I were you, mine some more coin then maybe flip in a few weeks after you've gotten a bit more back. Although i'd rather you sale them to me for cheap.  Cheesy

http://www.lketc.com/engoods/47.aspx

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 12:23:08 AM

Tomorrow they are $1600 from LKETC. I'd keep them if I were you, mine some more coin then maybe flip in a few weeks after you've gotten a bit more back. Although i'd rather you sale them to me for cheap.  Cheesy

http://www.lketc.com/engoods/47.aspx

lool, yeah trust me I what it's like to be on the buying side of the market Smiley I guess it's settled then, I'll keep them for a few more weeks until my Neptunes come in.

Btw, there is a guy on the forum that is a reseller of LKETC gear, and last time I checked he will sell you a 1 TH miner for a bit below $1600. I bought one miner from him at $1650 and it arrived in perfect condition so it seems the guy is legit.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:07:32 PM

I've got a 5'th unit to add to the total. I'm reconsidering selling these again. Why you may ask, well, I'd like to replace them with S3 units cause I like them better.

clubminer

Activity: 392

Let's get rich together

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:42:55 PM

how about hashing speed for this hardware? very stable, right?  Smiley

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 10:38:55 PM

how about hashing speed for this hardware? very stable, right?  Smiley

All very stable even in high temp environment which has surprised me. So far I haven't had to reboot any of them. Bear in mind that I keep the PSU outside the case so I think that helps greatly with the stability as the PSU is able to run cooler and more efficiently.

Hashing speed is 5 TH +/- 10% Typically the units hash at _above_ 1 TH by a few GHs.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 02:55:28 AM

Updated price. I think I'd feel comfortable letting these go for $900 a piece to someone local. I can ship them but they are quite a bitch to ship.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 08:46:12 AM

bump...miners still for sale..$900 a piece hashing stable at 1 TH.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 11:04:27 PM

bump..

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 11:59:37 PM

I placed the miners for sale in local classifieds website but I am still open to selling them to someone from this community.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:08:13 AM

If you can come down some on the price I would be interested, but @ $900 there is no profit to be made with free power.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 12:24:28 AM

If you can come down some on the price I would be interested, but @ $900 there is no profit to be made with free power.

I can come down on price. $900 was just the starting price - you know start high and go low Wink

What would you consider a fair price in your opinion?

mvalley

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 12:36:19 AM

Anyone else find it weird that only in bitcoin land do people try to sell their outdated equipment for more than newer, better hardware sells for?

LATOKEN  ●  TRADE REAL ASSETS IN CRYPTO  ●  JOIN ICO NOW
SLACK  |  TELEGRAM
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:03:56 AM

Sent you an offer  Tongue
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:42:24 AM

Anyone else find it weird that only in bitcoin land do people try to sell their outdated equipment for more than newer, better hardware sells for?

This is not quite as outdated as you may think. The majority of hardware you can buy in hand these days (not pre-order) will have the same efficiency levels. S3's are better true but you can't get them for immediate delivery.

These can be undervolted and a lot more life can be squeezed out of them. On the flip side they can be overclocked and more can be gotten out of them - especially with the coming winter in the northern hemisphere. I only want to sell them cause I want to replace their hashing power with hosted/cloud miners which sadly I will take a hit on.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 01:45:55 AM

I think the best way to approach this (unless someone local buys them all) is to continually lower the price until it meets the market price. In light of that I will lower my asking price to $850.

spiceminer15

Activity: 336

View Profile
September 11, 2014, 07:08:05 AM

offering 1btc
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2014, 11:09:05 PM

Price lowered to $800

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:51:56 AM

Price lowered to $780

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 01:34:36 PM

Bump for $760

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2014, 09:01:28 PM

price lowered to $750

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2014, 09:58:09 PM

Price lowered to $740.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 23, 2014, 01:11:34 AM

Price lowered to $730

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2014, 01:08:22 AM

Price lowered to $720

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 02:22:33 PM

Price lowered to $700

Cheeseater

Activity: 351

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 02:52:25 PM

Does that include shipping? If not please give me a city and postal code so I can figure what shipping will be to Oregon also total weight and box count and dimensions.
Thanks

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2014, 09:57:32 PM

Does that include shipping? If not please give me a city and postal code so I can figure what shipping will be to Oregon also total weight and box count and dimensions.
Thanks

I'll PM you the city and postal code.

If the shipping doesn't turn out to be too much I could include the shipping in the price.

As for weight and dimensions the shipped weight of a Coincraft Desk is 20kg and dimensions of the shipping box are 560 x 530 x 280mm.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2014, 12:26:01 PM

Price lowered to $690

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2014, 04:20:42 PM

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2014, 01:41:08 AM

area3121

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 05:31:25 AM

even you sell this on $500 i think no one will buy.. there are many seller of antminer s2 for $400 - $405

if u want to sell this then compare there price with your price and wattage of the miner

this is just a piece of advice...

good luck Wink
BitcoinPappi
Legendary

Activity: 915
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 05, 2014, 01:13:36 PM

even you sell this on $500 i think no one will buy.. there are many seller of antminer s2 for $400 - $405

if u want to sell this then compare there price with your price and wattage of the miner

this is just a piece of advice...

good luck Wink

don't think he is in a rush  to sell. Prices are not competitive with similar miners. He is just checking if anyone bites
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2014, 02:07:51 AM

Well, I'm kind of in a pickle here. On one hand I'd like to replace the hashing power with cloud based miners but there isn't anything out there that is competitive if I were to sell each miner at $400 to 450 a piece. So I'd essentially be throwing good money after bad sort of speak. Maybe the best life for these miners is to run them until they are nothing more than scrap metal. I've had no luck finding a local buyer and I'd rather not ship these as I have this very bad feeling they will get destroyed during the journey, so I don't know.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 01:42:23 PM

$600

drmundo

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:30:11 PM

any chance of bartering?

I got a iphone 5 and ipad mini etc.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2014, 01:06:49 AM

any chance of bartering?

I got a iphone 5 and ipad mini etc.

Sorry I need liquid funds as I intend to take the money and put it back into hashing power - but cloud based. Thus I'd prefer btc payments.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 03:48:45 AM

Price lowered to $550

matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 02:14:55 PM

You'll probably sell them a lot easier and for a higher price with eBay 'buy it now or best offer feature'.  Yes they're eBay and PayPal fees but you'll probably get a higher price than here plus you could offer a discount for someone to settle in BTC.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 09:48:34 PM

I'd like to avoid ebay at all costs. I posted the miners on a local classifieds site and for now this forum and that classifieds site is all I'm willing to try.

jackman8420

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:38:36 PM

I'd give you $400 plus shipping
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 01:09:26 PM

Where are you located?

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2014, 05:29:10 AM

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 01:48:36 PM

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 11:24:37 PM

$480

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2014, 01:01:44 AM

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 23, 2014, 05:31:47 AM

Free Bump Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2014, 07:47:08 AM

lol thanks  Grin

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 02:21:43 AM

bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 04:54:33 PM

ok, I don't feel so bad now.  I just sold 1 dragon for $425 and the buyer wants to buy the other 2 at the same price this week.  So we must be in the ballpark on pricing.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 08:31:30 PM

I can likely go as low as $425 too. You're shipping those Dragonminers? I found that the Dragonminers are a bit lighter than the Bitmine Coincraft miners.

bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:54:19 PM

No, I was lucky enough to sell them locally without having to ship.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2014, 12:27:15 AM

Definitely lucky. I am not looking forward to lugging these things around.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2014, 01:27:06 AM

Price lowered to $410

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2014, 11:58:56 PM

Price lowered to $400

techgeeks

Activity: 71

View Profile
November 02, 2014, 01:49:51 PM

How many do you have left? - PM me with a price for all, I'll pay shipping.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2014, 10:25:27 PM

How many do you have left? - PM me with a price for all, I'll pay shipping.

I still have 5 of them purring away. PM sent.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2014, 12:23:58 AM

Price lowered to $375

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW