Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:51:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] 5 Bitmine Coincraft 1 TH miners  (Read 6103 times)
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 01:19:26 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2014, 08:13:09 AM by allinvain

Hi everyone. I'd like to sell my 5 Bitmine Coincraft 1 TH miners. These are original bitmine.ch units not Chinese A1 clones. I bought these recently from cryptx and needless to say it was a nightmare for me. Out of the 6 I bought only 5 of these hash and had no shipping damage.

Whoever buys them will get them shipped with the modules OUT. I am not risking the rigs getting destroyed a second time. Also the PSU will be OUT of the case and shipped separately with the modules. Trust me you want the PSU outside the case anyways (if you're a really handy guy I suggest you cut out a 120mm hole on the side of the case for the PSU intake fan if you like to have the PSU inside the case).

I'd like at least $900 per unit - but see the last post on this thread for the latest (lowest) price as I'll continually lower it.

If no good offers come I guess I have no choice but to keep them.

I'm not trying to make a profit off of these just get my btc back and maybe reinvest that into some different gear.

Pics available upon request. These are USED units. I bought them used I'm selling them used.

EDIT: BTW, local pickup would be welcome and PREFERRED! - assuming you're nearby. I'm located in the Southwester Ontario region (PM me for the exact location if you are really interested in these and can commit to carrying through with the transaction)

xray

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:37:57 AM

Where you shipping from ?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 04:03:14 AM

Southwester Ontario, Canada.

yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 01:57:16 PM

2 btc shipped no need escrow (i trust you) as long as it's working.
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:01:34 PM

2 btc for one unit I presume?

data55

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 10:50:54 PM

How about 6.5BTC for the lot?

I'm addicted to hashpower and horsepower.
*Reinstated from hack - Dec. 2020*
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:25:02 AM

No thanks. Guys, don't bother lowballing me with half my requested asking price. I'm only selling them if I can get what I paid back, otherwise I am infinitely better off mining with them.

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:27:01 AM

No thanks. Guys, don't bother lowballing me with half my requested asking price. I'm only selling them if I can get what I paid back, otherwise I am infinitely better off mining with them.

I wasn't sure what to make of this thread because I recall your thread about receiving them with most broken. Are you saying of the 6 you received 4 work reliably?

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
data55

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:30:57 AM

I wasn't sure what to make of this thread because I recall your thread about receiving them with most broken. Are you saying of the 6 you received 4 work reliably?

That was my thinking.. I read the thread where, iirc, pretty much every one came DOA and almost every other one had "boards bouncing around"...

Can you post pictures of the insides of the ones you're trying to unload? If they are in good condition I'll up my price.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:04:51 AM

Yep, just 4. The rest are in parts and pieces. I've got 8 non working (tested to the best of my abilities) modules, two extra PSUs. One of the PSUs won't work with a North American power plug because the power jack at the back of the PSU is of a square shape - likely meant for European or Asian markets. So yeah, not a fun buying experience for me.

yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:16:44 AM

made an offer better than 6.5.... pm'ed but no reply so I'd assume rejected?
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:17:14 AM

That was my thinking.. I read the thread where, iirc, pretty much every one came DOA and almost every other one had "boards bouncing around"...

Can you post pictures of the insides of the ones you're trying to unload? If they are in good condition I'll up my price.

I can next time I'm at my hosting center. But honestly I'd really rather not take the lid off all of them unless I really have to. The insides of the working units are in good shape. The boards move a bit side to side because they are secured with screws from underneath the case which I guess works but they're not the deepest or the widest screws I've seen (the Avalon units I used to have where better mounted). The boards moving a bit side to side is not the main issue, the main problem is during shipping if the move around too much in a variety of direction (left to right, up and down) the boards can bang against each other and the heatsinks on the front of the boards can come off. The two broken miners had nearly ALL the front heatsinks broken off and rattling around in the case! You can see that partly through the development process someone's brain turned on and they finally realized that if they use epoxy or some other glue it's eventually going to come off, so some of the boards have clamps that gold the heatsinks attached firmly to the PCB along with the main heatsink.  The stupid thing is that some board have clamps on some heatsinks but not on some. Either they ran out of clamps or they got lazy.

tldr; I'll have pics in 3 to 4 days. I will be quiet busy the next few days so sorry I can't go there and take pics.

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:19:38 AM

lol, no it just means I was busy typing that wall of text you see above this post Tongue

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:22:33 AM

Umm, I checked my PMs and I don't see any new messages from you other than the first one you sent.

padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:32:06 AM

Yep, just 4. The rest are in parts and pieces. I've got 8 non working (tested to the best of my abilities) modules, two extra PSUs. One of the PSUs won't work with a North American power plug because the power jack at the back of the PSU is of a square shape - likely meant for European or Asian markets. So yeah, not a fun buying experience for me.

Sorry to hear about the troubles..

The power connector on the back of the PSU is most likely a NEMA C19, not specific to the EU or US market and actually widely deployed in the US, primarily for higher current server PSUs (or the LEPA 1600W as a consumer example).

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
data55

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:37:16 AM

7.5BTC shipped??

allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 03:37:47 AM

Sorry to hear about the troubles..

The power connector on the back of the PSU is most likely a NEMA C19, not specific to the EU or US market and actually widely deployed in the US, primarily for higher current server PSUs (or the LEPA 1600W as a consumer example).

Hmm, you know what I think you are right cause the PSU in one of the units was a 1600w unit. He still shipped the miner with an european power cord though.

A quick google image search and it confirms what you told me.

yslyung
Legendary

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:27:10 AM

Umm, I checked my PMs and I don't see any new messages from you other than the first one you sent.

yep, only 1 PM. but no reply from you so i'd assume it's rejected Sad
allinvain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 11:49:14 AM

Yes, sorry but I can't sell them for that low. I paid a bit more that your offer for just _1_ unit so I can't do that for 2 units.

data55

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:15:20 PM

Yes, sorry but I can't sell them for that low. I paid a bit more that your offer for just _1_ unit so I can't do that for 2 units.

What's a realistic price you are looking to get per miner consider I can buy new ones for the same price you're asking now and a few other new miners coming out tomorrow?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: