Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:05:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Project] Kleptocoin - A 100% unique cryptocurrency  (Read 1474 times)
Circonference (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:19:54 AM

Hi Everyone,

We are almost ready to submit a whitepaper about Kleptocoin, a coin you can't hoarde in a system where everybody is a bank. It's an experimental coin that we hope will find a use case. Or, the technologies proposed could be useful to other projects as well.

You can find out more about it on the site and there is even a podcast where we talk about the specifics. You can then send in your feedback (I have already received interesting feedback about feasibility of certain aspects of this.) If you would like to join this litttle bit f contribution to the great big R&D project of cryptocurrency, you can do so by contacting us.

Kleptocoin.com

Thanks,

Marie-Lynn
Circonference.ca

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Willisius

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:23:06 AM

I can't seem to find any actual specifications, even on the specifications page. Just a lot of promises about how it's different and "revolutionary."
xiaobei

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:28:39 AM

Don't understand what the developer to do

▄███████████████▄
       ▄██▀             ▀██▄
    ▄▄██▀                 ▀██▄▄
█████▀▀       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄    ▀▀█████
██          ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▀█▄▄      ██
▐█▌       ▄▀ ▄▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▄▀▀▀███   ▐█▌
 ██      ▄▀▄▀▄▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█ ▄█▀   ██
 ▐█▌    █▄▀▄▀▄█▀▀▀ ▀█▀ ▄▀▄▀█   ▐█▌
  ██    █▄▀▄▀▄▄█▀ ▄▀ ▄▀▄▀▄▀█   ██
  ▐█▌ ▀▄█████▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀█  ▐█▌
   ██▌▀████▀██▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▄▀▄▀▄█▀ ▐██
    ██▌▀█▀▀█▄▀▀▄▀▀▄▄▀▄█▄▄█▀ ▐██
     ██▌ ▀  ▀███▄▄▄█████▀  ▐██
      ██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀      ▄██
       ▀██▄             ▄██▀
         ▀██▄         ▄██▀
           ▀██▄     ▄██▀
             ▀███▄███▀
               ▀███▀
DeepOnion 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★   ❱❱❱ JOIN AIRDROP NOW!
TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED
★  Your Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Your Assets Secured by TOR
★  Guard Your Privacy!
|Bitcointalk
Reddit
Telegram
|                        ▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▀
                    ▄▄██▀█▀▄▀▀▀
                  ▄██▄█▄██▀
                ▄██████▀
              ▄██████▀
  ▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
██████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
 ▀█████  ▄███████
  ████████████▀██
  ██▀███████▀  ██
  ██ ▀████▀    ██
  ██   ▀▀      ██
  ▀█████████████▀
Circonference (OP)

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:46:26 AM

I can't seem to find any actual specifications, even on the specifications page. Just a lot of promises about how it's different and "revolutionary."

The podcast explains in more details the concept of this coin. Essentially, the documents currently available are easy to consume. You can also wait for the whitepaper to come out if your prefer.
sxh

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:49:58 AM

good idea.

iGotAIDS

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:54:10 AM

"We are two modern slackers who live in Montreal where we specialize in selling people solution to problems they do not wish to admit they have."

Apt, quite so. Make sure to premine it hard n'stuff, the dumps are much better that way.
Circonference (OP)

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:40:26 AM

Apt, quite so. Make sure to premine it hard n'stuff, the dumps are much better that way.

If you look into the currency seriously you will realize that it is not functionally possible.
Lemayilleur
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:41:02 PM

The polymorphic algorithm is definitely something I would look forward/invest into. We need an algo where everyone can participate (mine) but that cannot be further centralized by ASICs. This could further push and speed up the CPU/efficiency R&D, instead of having companies "wasting" time and effort creating dedicated hardware(ASICs) that worthless from a technology advancement perspective. Since ASICs cannot be used for anything else down the road (as far as I understand ASICs?).

Although I'm not sure about the torrent-style minimized block chain. The cost for storage space keeps getting cheaper and cheaper. And with the technologies in R&D at this time, it'll just get crazier. There's good reasons to believe we'll be able to store Terabytes of data on USB sized object in the next decade. Same goes for world-wide connectivity (and download/upload speed). I'm not sure if you would benefit spending time developing this idea if we're likely to not need it couple years down the road.

As for the "you cannot horde Kleptocoins" and the need to always be "spending" it; isn't there high chance that AI would take over? Don't you think there would be tools/bot created which would be much more efficient at keeping an eye on the block-chain and "distributing" their coins almost perfectly? It's almost like they could predict the future by looking at the spending movement and the expected return of the spender. I'm not sure if I'm able to get my point across, or if I even understood the "game" right lol. So bare with me. Grin
Willisius

Activity: 364

I'm really quite sane!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 07:04:44 PM

OK I caved and listened to the podcast, but for the record a white paper would be a lot better. So apparently I can send someone Kleptocoin, and a "trickling" will take place in which I eventually get all their coins. So I guess I could just send a few coins to the richest address I can find, and get all their coins.

It's definitely not suited for use as a currency. In the podcast they even joke about how you would trade it for a coin with "more coherent behavior..." But anyway, they don't hide this and they're not ashamed of it. They obviously see this as more art than science, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Hopefully I'll be able to get in on this, but there's no way I'm "investing" in it. That's part of why I want to get in on this: It's not suitable for investing in, which kills most - if not all - of the hype that obscures a coin's value. In fact, you probably won't even be able to buy it on exchanges.

Basically: Sounds fun! Just be sure not to put anything into this that you aren't willing to lose, because you absolutely will lose it. Smiley
Circonference (OP)

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:24:49 AM

Basically: Sounds fun! Just be sure not to put anything into this that you aren't willing to lose, because you absolutely will lose it. Smiley

Willisius, you totally get it Smiley It is a 100% self-aware surrealist art coin! The more we think about it the more we see that some people could have an actual use for it, if the trickle rate is adjusted but I really don't think an exchange should carry such a coin, it works backwards!!

And yes, as a holder of a few KLEPs you can send your coins to all the big wallets and profit Smiley

The white paper should be available soon and I will update the OP to reflect that.

Thanks for your feedback Smiley

Marie-Lynn
Circonference (OP)

Circonference.ca

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 01:30:48 AM

Although I'm not sure about the torrent-style minimized block chain.

You would be the second person to bring this up! It is also something that could be time-consuming but useless in the end! (A solution for a problem that does not exist!?)

As far as people using bots to game the system, we thought about it too. Kleptocoin, the way it is currently being developed, is a game model and active players would have a definite advantage over those who do not play (who do not contribute to monetary velocity.) However, imagine if we lived in a world where people were functionally incapable of hoarding resources?

How everything would be different!

Marie-Lynn
Maxmast

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 07:01:33 AM

how distribution

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VoZbKEt7GwDEgKyFUG8nGHoSn43TkK1X4M
ximennet

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 10:28:43 AM

关注
bonipper

Activity: 246

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:54:04 AM

Why call it Kleptocoin when a Kleptomania means a compulsion to steal?
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 11:54:46 AM

Interesting.

“God does not play dice"
Hesiod

Activity: 23

View Profile
June 29, 2014, 02:49:04 PM

That's quite a strange name for a coin...
Hobocc

Activity: 50

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:48:34 AM

have a ipo?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: