Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:30:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice needed - BTC-e Account getting hacked at the moment.  (Read 871 times)
mrvicar (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:03:31 AM

I logged in 6 hours ago to my BTC-e account and all was well. I tried 3.30a.m (U.k time) and got the message "Your account was locked due to 2FA unlinking" "For unlinking you have to contact support"..
I didn't unlink, so I think my account is being hacked!
I can't log in to BTC-e support - my password does not work!
I still have google 2FA on my phone and always use it to log in -  obviously someone has tried to disable it!
I have raised a ticket at "https://support.btc-e.com/" - and it says someone will get back to me within 78 hours ?

How long does it take for them to "unlink" the 2FA support on my account? Is it less than 72 hours?Huh??
I have a lot of money in the account... any advice please cos I can't afford to lose my bitcoins?
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:55:27 PM

Any update on what happened?

I'm not sure what you can do but it's worrying that there is no obvious solution for you.

Hopefully things work out for you.
jbrnt

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:08:35 PM

I might be wrong, I seem to remember btc-e has a skype account, try searching for it on the forum. However, I also remember reading about phishing skype ids, pretending to be technical support for exchange sites. So, please be careful on who you are calling and what private information you are handing over.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:50:35 PM

Kind of strange how someone got it if you have 2FA
When I say strange I mean very disturbing.
Even if your password was just "password" they still need 2FA to get in.

I use BTC-E myself so am abit concerned...

The only thing I can think of is someone emailed them and said you lost your google 2FA please unlink it.
But then you would hope they would check the email address against the ones in their system, unless it was very very close
like an "I" (capital I) instead of "l" (lowercase l)

can't think of anything other than that..... hmmm

I'm sure ya will, but what ever the outcome please let us know what is happening !!

I logged in 6 hours ago to my BTC-e account and all was well. I tried 3.30a.m (U.k time) and got the message "Your account was locked due to 2FA unlinking" "For unlinking you have to contact support"..
I didn't unlink, so I think my account is being hacked!
I can't log in to BTC-e support - my password does not work!
I still have google 2FA on my phone and always use it to log in -  obviously someone has tried to disable it!
I have raised a ticket at "https://support.btc-e.com/" - and it says someone will get back to me within 78 hours ?

How long does it take for them to "unlink" the 2FA support on my account? Is it less than 72 hours?Huh??
I have a lot of money in the account... any advice please cos I can't afford to lose my bitcoins?

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: