Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:28:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Iraqi miliatants stole 400 million $, could have been saved with bitcoin!  (Read 1676 times)
cuddaloreappu (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 08:39:32 AM

The terrorist group islamic state of iraq and syria just stole 400 million USD just few days ago to become the world's richest terrorist group.

With all these money they are going to make the world a even more dangerous place.The cash they stole is difficult to trace if they are old cash notes.

But this would have not happened if the banks have converted all the money into bitcoin and had the private keys encrypted..even if stolen money is super traceable with blockchain.

Just one more reason of how bitcoin could truly help the world become a better place.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:28:57 AM

No. I don't think so. The militants would have taken the bank officials hostage, and they would have then demanded the private keys them. And if that happens, the money is gone for ever. I could never be recovered.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:48:52 AM

But this would have not happened if the banks have converted all the money into bitcoin and had the private keys encrypted..even if stolen money is super traceable with blockchain.

Just one more reason of how bitcoin could truly help the world become a better place.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:54:15 AM

if you are director of that bank, and terrorist put AK-47 in your head. and they give you two options : tell them private keys or they will shoot you.
which one do you choose? give them private keys and hope they don't kill you
or die Grin

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 10:43:18 AM

No. I don't think so. The militants would have taken the bank officials hostage, and they would have then demanded the private keys them. And if that happens, the money is gone for ever. I could never be recovered.
You're implying that they know what a private key is.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
bizzel

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:56:11 AM

You're implying that they know what a private key is.
You're implying that they don't know what a private key is.

OP's logic is flawed.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:58:43 AM

US print 50 milliard per month.
what is the terrorist in this history ?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 11:01:10 AM

You're implying that they don't know what a private key is.

OP's logic is flawed.
I highly doubt that most people who hold Bitcoins know what that is.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:30:16 AM

To be honest, who gives a flying fuck? The US goes into Iraq and kills 600,000 people because people from another country altogether flew planes into the WTC. Sounds like genocide to me but no one from the bush administration is in jail yet. ISIS may be a better option for that region.
Mayuyu48

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:44:34 AM

they printed out money and use it to fool us
we have to work everyday (in work day) just for get "printed paper" from them
WTF central bank and international banking system who run world economic system  Angry

To be honest, who gives a flying fuck? The US goes into Iraq and kills 600,000 people because people from another country altogether flew planes into the WTC. Sounds like genocide to me but no one from the bush administration is in jail yet. ISIS may be a better option for that region.
yeah bush administration are fucker!
they said saddan & iraq have WMD, but untiil war was end, no WMD found
they just want iraq oil  Angry

yatsey87

Activity: 840
Merit: 509

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:54:28 AM

How did they exactly steal all that money? I don't get it.

Yeah, this is exactly what would happen. Safer if you've not got access to the person who's money you're trying to steal, but torture or the threat of death will get it out of them.
lihuajkl
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:17:44 PM

they printed out money and use it to fool us
we have to work everyday (in work day) just for get "printed paper" from them
WTF central bank and international banking system who run world economic system  Angry

yeah bush administration are fucker!
they said saddan & iraq have WMD, but untiil war was end, no WMD found
they just want iraq oil  Angry
They keep printing money to pay debt for war. Launching a war also needs an excuse.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:52:04 PM

For this it seems like a good solution would be m of n to protect the btc. And not have the people in the same place at the same time. Thus if they capture one torturing them would be futile.
thecoindoctor

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:29:54 PM

The terrorist group islamic state of iraq and syria just stole 400 million USD just few days ago to become the world's richest terrorist group.

With all these money they are going to make the world a even more dangerous place.The cash they stole is difficult to trace if they are old cash notes.

Is there a link to back this statement up? plz post if so
jjc326

Activity: 700

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:12:55 PM

For this it seems like a good solution would be m of n to protect the btc. And not have the people in the same place at the same time. Thus if they capture one torturing them would be futile.

Futile for the terrorist, but the person being tortured would still die because they don't have the information.  So, that doesn't really help. 

OP, in this exact instance you might be right, but how many people have been scammed or lost BTC basically BECAUSE IT'S BTC, and if it was cash they wouldn't have lost it or been scammed?  So there are ways to lose BTC and dollars, just maybe slightly different ways Wink
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:22:43 PM

their immediate interests are within iraq.. i say let them do as they please. it does not involve us.
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:17:18 PM

I like uR toon ....this is so real. SHA256 cant stop a wrench attack Cheesy

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:10:28 PM

ak-47 to the head by some Isis fanatic...oh I'd be giving up the private keys with a quickness.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
bitsmichel

Activity: 518

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:12:14 PM

ak-47 to the head by some Isis fanatic...oh I'd be giving up the private keys with a quickness.

I think, if it was for bitcoin, it would have been transferred out of the region before they were even close. I mean, bitcoin has that power after all: you can send money from Iraq to Australia within a few minutes. But I'm not sure about Iraq's internet connectivity?

Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:30:33 PM

Futile for the terrorist, but the person being tortured would still die because they don't have the information.  So, that doesn't really help. 

OP, in this exact instance you might be right, but how many people have been scammed or lost BTC basically BECAUSE IT'S BTC, and if it was cash they wouldn't have lost it or been scammed?  So there are ways to lose BTC and dollars, just maybe slightly different ways Wink

Yeah, I agree. Bitcoin opens up lots of new opportunities for criminals. It's a dream currency for criminals. But there's nothing we can realistically do about it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: