Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Very Early Adopters  (Read 4593 times)
makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:42:26 PM

We need to people to get the Bitcoin Wallet app on their phone, ATM's in every city and implimentation by banks. But before that let's us load up on Bitcoins Smiley
This is still the early adopter phase, however there is a change that Bitcoin fails. The possible 51% attacks and shady businesses work against us. It's my guess that everyone who is Bitcoin now will be rich or they will lose most to all of their investment.
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:54:37 PM

The stories of people buying at $5-10, 30, 80 $100 make my eyes water.

the stories of people buying them at pennies or not even pennies make me want to cut myself in not nice places. but I fight on to live another day.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:28:18 PM

Bitcoin can become big and be valued a few thousands or become huge and be valued tens of thousands with a few years

You guys are very optimistic, it makes us feel good Wink

sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:26:55 PM

the stories of people buying them at pennies or not even pennies make me want to cut myself in not nice places. but I fight on to live another day.

True.

Think of late adopters a few years from now on; they may envy you for buying BTC at $600.
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 09:40:35 PM

True.

Think of late adopters a few years from now on; they may envy you for buying BTC at $600.

Everything is relative; 600$ seems like a lot to some compared to 30$ but extreme changes are going to happen to the world financial world and currencies in the next few years, Bitcoin price may rises tremendously because of those changes

zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 10:01:10 PM

Back in 2011 I told a few friends about bitcoin, only 1 in 5 got interested.

It seems whether a person will become interested is predetermined, independent of what you say

Sadly none of my friends told me of bitcoin back in 2011. Not even 2012.

I mean bitcoin is still cheap. But not so cheap one could easily buy 1000s or even 100s of bitcoin.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 11:35:15 PM

Back in 2011 I told a few friends about bitcoin, only 1 in 5 got interested.

It seems whether a person will become interested is predetermined, independent of what you say

Sadly none of my friends told me of bitcoin back in 2011. Not even 2012.

I mean bitcoin is still cheap. But not so cheap one could easily buy 1000s or even 100s of bitcoin.

cant buy 1000 tonnes of gold anymore either. shame your not an egyptian, but should you no longer buy a few hundred ounces of gold or a few thousand bits of bitcoin

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:43:54 AM

Plenty of us were around when it hit $100 and decided to pass 'cause it was too high to buy in...
:/
sebdude420

Activity: 397
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:18:44 AM

I mined millions as an early adopter and sold it at a loss!

Making a good comeback now though. ;-)

OG Bitcoin Miner turned Proof of Stake Validator.
Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
sebdude420

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:19:52 AM

The days of mining ten BTC per day on ten ghs are all but gone. Deepbit!

Maxed out Raspberry Pi 4 8GB at 120$ a Day Revenue with ~15K XTZ Bonds in Summer of 2021.
Looking at Proof of Stake systems all across the crypto ecosystem to expand operations.
sebdude420

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 08:21:13 AM

Sold at least 1000 at 5$

rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:04:14 AM

gratz on making a comeback man
SOAD

Activity: 324

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:06:00 AM

How exactly did you mine millions?

Godye Sclaro X9

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:32:10 AM

How exactly did you mine millions?

It's probably just a hyperbole. He most likely mined hundreds, perhaps even thousands of them. But definitely not over a million.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:17:57 AM

Plenty of us were around when it hit $100 and decided to pass 'cause it was too high to buy in...

i was around when it was $60 but decided to buy a BFL miner.

Worst. Decision. Ever.
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 12:54:30 PM
Last edit: June 22, 2014, 01:09:19 PM by Beliathon

There is no company representing the Internet. Somehow it achieved stellar success without a central advertising agency.
Correct.

It took decades for the Internet to achieve its current level of penetration.
That is not an accurate statement at all.

"The Internet's takeover of the global communication landscape was almost instant in historical terms: it only communicated 1% of the information flowing through two-way telecommunications networks in the year 1993, already 51% by 2000, and more than 97% of the telecommunicated info by 2007"

14 years from 1% to 97%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_internet

Perhaps both tragically and amusingly, this pattern will continue repeating itself over and over for at least the next few years.

"oohh, $600, that's way too expensive for me" [even though you can very easily buy $6 worth of bitcoin today].

"ohh, $2500?! That's WAYYY too much money for me." [even though you will still be able to buy $50 or $500 worth of bitcoin a year from now].

"ohh, $10,000 per coin? Bitcoin was never this expensive before, I'll wait for it to come back down." [even though it will only ever keep going up year after year].

P.S.
I went all-in via several buys when BTC was between 80 and 140. I told most of my friends and family to do the same. None of them did. I held.
I implored them to buy in when it reached 300, still none of them did. Now I've stopped bothering. I'll be rich enough for all of us anyway, soon.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:59:06 PM

Perhaps both tragically and amusingly, this pattern will continue repeating itself over and over for at least the next few years.

I think you're right.  And it will be because people are looking at price and not understanding fundamentally why bitcoin is so powerful.  On the other hand, if the masses decide to "get it" , it could go up very fast very  quickly.  It's unpredictable how fast.

I'm guessing you have about 300 coins Beliathon.

DubFX

Activity: 434

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:04:51 PM

If you are reading this in the summer of 2014, and you have any BTC, congratulations. You are an early adopter, and you will soon be rich if you choose to hold.
I saw the Video although I believe in bitcoin but somewhere I found this video biased , because it only talks about successful companies like Twitter , Facebook , Google.  and their S curve , but there are also so many companies out there who never grows that big. We all know bitcoin is not a company[which is in favor of bitcoin] but it will not have a similar kinda of advertising , and will be restricted in use till some killer app comes out and it will take some time to explain it to average joe + it will face many difficulties as it grows bigger. Yeah I'm hopeful for a very higher vertical curve but will it ever happen I have faith.

bitcoin has the potential to be much bigger than FB or twitter.
Sorry do disapoint you but this is bullshit, how could bitcoin be much bigger if almost everybody that has computer and internet is registered on facebook?
Just nonsense...
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:08:40 PM

If you are reading this in the summer of 2014, and you have any BTC, congratulations. You are an early adopter, and you will soon be rich if you choose to hold.
I saw the Video although I believe in bitcoin but somewhere I found this video biased , because it only talks about successful companies like Twitter , Facebook , Google.  and their S curve , but there are also so many companies out there who never grows that big. We all know bitcoin is not a company[which is in favor of bitcoin] but it will not have a similar kinda of advertising , and will be restricted in use till some killer app comes out and it will take some time to explain it to average joe + it will face many difficulties as it grows bigger. Yeah I'm hopeful for a very higher vertical curve but will it ever happen I have faith.

bitcoin has the potential to be much bigger than FB or twitter.
Sorry do disapoint you but this is bullshit, how could bitcoin be much bigger if almost everybody that has computer and internet is registered on facebook?
Just nonsense...

Can be bigger in market cap.  Very tiny fraction of user base on fb pays anything. (Revenue comes from advertising)

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 02:12:40 PM

Just nonsense...

because most users only have 1 facebook account. but people can buy more then 1bit

facebook market cap is $163bilion. lets say that equate to $100 per user. (1.6bil users)

bitcoin "could" exceed $100 a bit.. maybe

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: