Bitcoin Forum
July 05, 2024, 12:59:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What can I try to mine with this hardware?  (Read 661 times)
D4rkAng3l (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:02:04 PM

Hello to everybody,

I am really a beginner. I configured a litle rig composed by 2 GridSeed unit (the 5 chip version).

Actually I am mining Dodgecoin because it is a well know currency but at this time it have a very low price and a very low profittability value.

My hardware is very limitated and I am thinking that maybe could be better try to mine some new currency and hope that this take some value in time.

Do you think that this could be a good idea? What do you think to mine DogeCoin with my hardware?

How can I try to understand if a new currency could have a future?

Tnx

Andrea
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 06:42:42 PM

Is this the one that does SHA & Scrypt either simultaneously or independently? 

I'm not a Doge fan myself but there are others here that could tell you why it's a good coin.  I will say it does have a good community.

I prefer KARMA personally but it's all debatable.

To "know" what is a good coin you'll have to do a lot of reading & research.  Weeding through the spam posts on every announcement post to find the real substance of why a coin will or will not be successful.  I can't give you that answer, but I was constantly reading for about 3 months before I even created an account to this site.

Mining a newer coin that you see value in personally is a good idea.  I came across the KARMA team and what they were working on when it was low priced/low diff.  I thought to myself, this is definitely I can see myself getting behind, they've got bigger plans than others I see.  It's jumped in value 2200% in the last 3 months.  So find the coin that you can get behind, support it by mining, get involved with the community, and if it's really worth it and others see the same value you do then the exchange rates will reflect it in time.  Keep an open mind about things though and don't expect to get rich overnight.  This is an uphill battle and money don't come easy.

Note to self:  this is not a blatant advertisement for KARMA, just using it as a personal reference for example.

Good luck mining!
Instamatic

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:10:41 PM

Another option that just occurred to me, if you're not sure what coin to mine just yet try leasing out your miners in the meantime.  Ebay is full of mining contracts of all degrees and the cost to lease is generally more than the current market value of any coin out there so you're at least making some progress towards ROI.
magalhanze

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:31:35 PM

have you tried multipools? would sugest coinking
Man-aqua

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:37:48 PM

I got also a question concerned MINING.

I got an old dell-tower with dualcore processor 2,53, 4 GB RAM, 256 GB HDD and 512 MB Graphicard which I can let open for mining 24/7 .

Am I able to mine some Monero under this conditions?

Thank you for your answers.  Smiley
First.Bitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1156
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 12:05:37 AM

You can mine AppleByte, pool.applebyte.me. In fact we just gave away one of those Gridseed ASICs in a lottery.
And it can also be CPU pool mined directly from the wallet.

More AppleByte Details:
Announce Thread: Announce Thread
Crowd Funding Campaign: Indiegogo Campaign
Facebook: AppleByteMe FB Page
Twitter: AppleByteMe Twitter
Reddit: AppleByteMe Reddit

Founding Dev of ArtByte, the crypto supporting the arts, started in NYC - May 1, 2014 ArtByte.me
kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:56:35 AM

Hello to everybody,

I am really a beginner. I configured a litle rig composed by 2 GridSeed unit (the 5 chip version).

Actually I am mining Dodgecoin because it is a well know currency but at this time it have a very low price and a very low profittability value.

My hardware is very limitated and I am thinking that maybe could be better try to mine some new currency and hope that this take some value in time.
the gridseed is not powerful, but it's strength lies in its low energy consumption (7w).  mine scrypt-only (no bitcoin), and you can unplug the fan and mine for 5w. you can run the gridseeds off a raspberry pi computer (3.5w) for further energy savings.

if you think dogecoin will be worth something, just set the 2 gridseeds up to mine dogecoin, and put it away mining somewhere.  forget about it for a year and allow the doge to accumulate. 

right now, mining dogecoin is about as profitable as mining litecoin.  i would recommend mining either and converting to bitcoin as i think bitcoin has a better future than either doge or ltc.   

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
magalhanze

Activity: 368
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:00:50 PM

I got also a question concerned MINING.

I got an old dell-tower with dualcore processor 2,53, 4 GB RAM, 256 GB HDD and 512 MB Graphicard which I can let open for mining 24/7 .

Am I able to mine some Monero under this conditions?

Thank you for your answers.  Smiley

Low rates on this hardware, but still can get some. Try minergate pool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: