Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 01:52:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [18-06-2014] Economic Times: Growing interest in Bitcoins: Time for India to ...  (Read 1100 times)
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:15:33 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 02:22:20 PM by Benson Samuel

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/opinion/guest-writer/growing-interest-in-bitcoins-time-for-india-to-welcome-it-as-currency/articleshow/36729020.cms

Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:22:05 PM

Do not paste articles from authors. This is plagiarism. Only paste links please.

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:43:05 PM

If the original link and source is given, it can not be plagiarism, by any stretch of imagination.
However, if the group policy is not to paste entire articles, I will be happy to abide by that.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 02:54:13 PM

If the original link and source is given, it can not be plagiarism, by any stretch of imagination.
However, if the group policy is not to paste entire articles, I will be happy to abide by that.

Correct, it's only plagiarism if you claim you have written it yourself and you dont state the source.

Otherwise quoting would be plagiarism too, and knowledge would not be shared very efficiently. (Most people hear about new things via third parties rather than the person who originally came up with the idea).
polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:43:41 PM

From wikipedia....

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work

Of course, in this case it makes sense to paste the relevant portion than post a link to the wikipedia article.
People may not have the patience to go through links and find the relevant portion.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:49:02 PM

From wikipedia....

Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work

Of course, in this case it makes sense to paste the relevant portion than post a link to the wikipedia article.
People may not have the patience to go through links and find the relevant portion.

My apologies for that.

I did see a large bunch of the article there and having seen several instances of complete articles being ripped in here, I kinda posted that bit and deleted the text.
Lemme know if you want me to add the bits back and I shall. Smiley

polynesia (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 03:51:51 PM

My apologies for that.

I did see a large bunch of the article there and having seen several instances of complete articles being ripped in here, I kinda posted that bit and deleted the text.

Nope. Just getting the rules clarified.  Smiley
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 03:56:25 PM

My apologies for that.

Nope. Just getting the rules clarified.  Smiley

Your all good mate.
I did have several instances, where articles were copied verbatim from other sources and pasted in, hence I kinda bounced when I saw this..  Embarrassed

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: