Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:50:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin and money laundering  (Read 9466 times)
ShakyhandsBTCer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

It's Money 2.0| It’s gold for nerds | It's Bitcoin

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 11:42:06 PM

Bitcoin is only pseudoanonymous (though if you hide your IP and use new addresses every time it is pretty much anonymous).

That being said, I can't wait to see what extra anonymity features that Zerocash will be bringing to the table when it is released!
You can use blockchain's shared coin to get the same effect as zerocash but with shorter TX confirmation times as zerocash has all TXs in a shared coin format and when one party "backs out" of a TX then the TX will fail and all the parties will need to try again by all signing a new TX

If your trying to launder coins i would suggest for you not to use sharedcoin as it has been proven not to be so anonymous

Link:
http://www.coindesk.com/blockchains-sharedcoin-users-can-identified-says-security-expert/
Shared coin when used in conjunction with other mixers can mask your identity.   

XMR coin is currently partnering with I2P developers to see if they can bring anon coin into the market.

Darkcoin already have two failed implementation. The current framework the coin operates on may not even be possible to implement a truly anonymous coin.
there is no real need for a "truly anonymous coin" as it could likely do nothing that bitcoin could achieve with the use of a mixing service
LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:55:16 AM

I also now have a headache.

Thanks, Nerazzura

I can dig it!

The OP made my eye cross and now it's stuck!

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:07:08 AM

Bitcoin is only pseudoanonymous (though if you hide your IP and use new addresses every time it is pretty much anonymous).

That being said, I can't wait to see what extra anonymity features that Zerocash will be bringing to the table when it is released!
You can use blockchain's shared coin to get the same effect as zerocash but with shorter TX confirmation times as zerocash has all TXs in a shared coin format and when one party "backs out" of a TX then the TX will fail and all the parties will need to try again by all signing a new TX

If your trying to launder coins i would suggest for you not to use sharedcoin as it has been proven not to be so anonymous

Link:
http://www.coindesk.com/blockchains-sharedcoin-users-can-identified-says-security-expert/

XMR coin is currently partnering with I2P developers to see if they can bring anon coin into the market.

Darkcoin already have two failed implementation. The current framework the coin operates on may not even be possible to implement a truly anonymous coin.

I don't think that these types of extreme privacy features have that much of a demand from crypto users.

This spot for rent.
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:31:52 PM

Link:

there is no real need for a "truly anonymous coin" as it could likely do nothing that bitcoin could achieve with the use of a mixing service

All I keep hearing though is people talking about how these mixing services are not truly anonymous at all and are actually easily trackable.

The biggest recent one was the reveal of how badly designed blockchain.info's implementation was. It was revealed that you could just eye ball the transactions are figure it out very quickly.
transient858

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:03:30 AM

Link:

I don't think that these types of extreme privacy features have that much of a demand from crypto users.

Black market transaction still make up a large portion of bitcoin daily transaction.
AdamSmith

Activity: 142

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:43:39 AM

All I keep hearing though is people talking about how these mixing services are not truly anonymous at all and are actually easily trackable.

The biggest recent one was the reveal of how badly designed blockchain.info's implementation was. It was revealed that you could just eye ball the transactions are figure it out very quickly.

Yes. It is surprising easy to track all the big whale and your counter party transaction.

It is dangerous if this info leaked into the wrong hand.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 01:44:26 PM

Link:

Black market transaction still make up a large portion of bitcoin daily transaction.

What are "black market" transactions?

How do you define the term?

Stuff you don't like?

People trying to avoid brutal and punitive taxation?

Enquiring minds want to know!

Corporations For Crypto
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 02:22:35 PM

Link:

Stuff you don't like?

Black market: Trades deemed illegal by people who trample on other's rights.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 04:48:01 PM

Link:

Stuff you don't like?

One of the best definitions I have read lately!

+100

Corporations For Crypto
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:23:19 AM

Link:

That may or may not be true, however it is already very difficult to tell when someone is actually spending money or when they are transferring bitcoin to themselves. It is also relativity difficult to determine which address is the change address and which address belongs to the person you are sending to. 

This spot for rent.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 03:43:34 AM

I'd like to numbers and citations to support the claim that illegal transactions compose a large percentage of Bitcoin transactions.

Corporations For Crypto
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:45:59 AM

Link:

Stuff you don't like?

One of the best definitions I have read lately!

+100

Smiley
FizWeb

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 08:53:11 AM

I'd like to numbers and citations to support the claim that illegal transactions compose a large percentage of Bitcoin transactions.

Criminality is going there.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:46:04 PM

Criminality uses dollars, francs, drachmas, pesos, rubles, Euro and pounds fucking sterling.

So what?

What are they supposed to use?

Polynesian shell money?

Corporations For Crypto
InwardContour

Activity: 644
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 12:50:00 AM

I don't have specific statistics, but bitcoin is known to be a way to conduct nefarious activity. There is also a large number of crypto ransom hacks where an attacker encrypts a user's files files and demands a certain level of bitcoin or the key to decrypt the files will be permanently destroyed.
Skele

Activity: 224

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:10:45 AM

Every good has its hidden bad face, and evil people will always find the way to get profit from this, Bitcoin needs to still stronger and we

need to protect it and so we will...
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 04, 2014, 06:31:21 AM

Every good has its hidden bad face, and evil people will always find the way to get profit from this, Bitcoin needs to still stronger and we

need to protect it and so we will...

So just how do intend to do that?

Corporations For Crypto
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:04:01 AM

Link:

Stuff you don't like?

I wouldn't necessarily agree with that definition. The black market would be more trades deemed wrong by people as a society. Take for example human trafficking, I think it could be agreed that society as a whole would agree that human trafficking is wrong, but sadly it is still a reality. Regardless of the legality of selling humans, this trade would be done on what would be considered to be the black market.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Denise520

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:06:09 AM

Huh
MyPotPlantDied

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:13:29 AM

People should be able to do whatever they damn well please with THEIR money!
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: