Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:14:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin and money laundering  (Read 9450 times)
Nicolas Dorier

Activity: 714
Merit: 661

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 07:16:59 PM

The black market would be more trades deemed wrong by people as a society
And this is true, as long as you understand that society is different than government. Government does not represent society. And is a separate entity.

Government seen as an association of free actors whose purpose is to solve prisoner's dilemma type of problem (which can only be solved by external observer) is good.
But, when those free actors are forbidden to dissociate this is coercion.

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:19:31 PM

Re: bitcoin and money laundering

Money are never dirty, and can therefore not be laundered. Money are always divine.

This is not always true, as if you acquired money in an illegitimate manor, or if the specific money can link you to a specific crime, then it is considered to be "dirty" 

This spot for rent.
BoxControl

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:33:58 AM

Money are never dirty, and can therefore not be laundered. Money are always divine.

This is not always true, as if you acquired money in an illegitimate manor, or if the specific money can link you to a specific crime, then it is considered to be "dirty" 

Money acquired in an illegitimate manner is only "dirty", if it can be directly connected to the crime.
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:42:11 AM

Getting harder to cash out large sum of bitcoin as all exchanges are now regulated.

BoxControl

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 05:45:12 AM

Getting harder to cash out large sum of bitcoin as all exchanges are now regulated.

Local Bitcoins then?
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 03:55:39 PM

@ leezay

There are several companies that advertise on the Internet that they will take your Bitcoin for gold.

Gold is the ONLY thing I have spent BTC on...
heisenberg19

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 18, 2014, 04:03:49 PM

emm... nothing is perfect, we just have to know how use them Grin
leezay

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 02:02:56 AM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 02:32:20 PM by leezay

Local Bitcoins then?

Not that many localbitcoin buyer will carry large amount of cash to do on site trade. Risk of getting robbed is high also.

98problems

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 03:23:47 AM

Local Bitcoins then?
LBC sellers are technically suppose to comply with AML regulations, although many of them do not do so. You would probably need to sell over several trades if you wanted to cash out a large amount.

LostDutchman

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 05:14:52 PM

Local Bitcoins then?
LBC sellers are technically suppose to comply with AML regulations, although many of them do not do so. You would probably need to sell over several trades if you wanted to cash out a large amount.

LBC users are in no way at all required to comply with AML regs any more than the seller of a used car is required to do so.

Corporations For Crypto
Protect Your Assets and Reduce Your Tax Liability With A Kansas Corporation!
We Demand Justice From BFL
PinkRanger

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 06:24:12 PM

Local Bitcoins then?

LBC users are in no way at all required to comply with AML regs any more than the seller of a used car is required to do so.
I have read news reports that LE has charged LBC sellers with AML violations when they sold to people who we're claiming to be using the bitcoin for illegal purposes
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 09:00:19 PM

Local Bitcoins then?

I have read news reports that LE has charged LBC sellers with AML violations when they sold to people who we're claiming to be using the bitcoin for illegal purposes

Fine.

Where's the beef?

Show us the links!

And please tell us just how a transaction which might appear to be illegal on it scae compares with a perfectly legal transaction between two ordinary citizens.

oh

It's "were" not "we're".

Wink

Corporations For Crypto
thriftshopping

Activity: 137

View Profile
July 20, 2014, 09:59:56 PM

Local Bitcoins then?

Fine.

Where's the beef?

Show us the links!

And please tell us just how a transaction which might appear to be illegal on it scae compares with a perfectly legal transaction between two ordinary citizens.

oh

It's "were" not "we're".

Wink
I have seen the report to. It was in Miami, this guy was charging 30%+ markup on trades to people. An undercover cop told the seller that he was going to use the bitcoin for illegal purposes and he was arrested for violating AML laws. I have also seen on the FinCen website that anyone who transmits any amount of financial instruments must follow AML laws.
LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2014, 10:17:32 PM

Local Bitcoins then?

Fine.

Where's the beef?

Show us the links!

oh

It's "were" not "we're".

Wink
I have seen the report to. It was in Miami, this guy was charging 30%+ markup on trades to people. An undercover cop told the seller that he was going to use the bitcoin for illegal purposes and he was arrested for violating AML laws. I have also seen on the FinCen website that anyone who transmits any amount of financial instruments must follow AML laws.

Dumbass, meet cop.

Corporations For Crypto
leezay

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:32:51 PM

Local Bitcoins then?

Fine.

Where's the beef?

Show us the links!

oh

It's "were" not "we're".

Wink

Should be wary of buyer paying 30% premium.

LostDutchman

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2014, 03:05:30 PM

Local Bitcoins then?

Fine.

Where's the beef?

Show us the links!

oh

It's "were" not "we're".

Wink

I'm going to go ahead and get my book written so you guys and dolls can learn how to get around all thiese silly-assed "regulations".

Corporations For Crypto
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 05:46:12 PM

I believe the origin of 'money laundering' is related to black money.
You 'launder' black money into white.
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:31:38 PM

I believe the origin of 'money laundering' is related to black money.
You 'launder' black money into white.

All this will now have to be abandoned. Money is money, and crimes will have to be dealth with separately.
polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:13:27 AM

All this will now have to be abandoned. Money is money, and crimes will have to be dealth with separately.

I can foresee special crime investigation teams, which have expertise in bitcoin, being set up.  Grin
Already you have crimes involving bitcoin shooting up.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 01:18:40 AM

Local Bitcoins then?

Fine.

Where's the beef?

Show us the links!

oh

It's "were" not "we're".

Wink

It was the seller asking for these kinds of premiums. IMO the seller was targeting people who were trying to use bitcoin for illegal purposes and wanted to stay "under the radar"

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: