Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:40:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Marshall's auction.... It's a trap !!!  (Read 4370 times)
Blinken (OP)

Activity: 338
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:39:01 AM

Dear bitcoin community, our organization has accidentally acquired a few bitcoins incidental to its operations which we would like to sell. Interested parties must be within the reach of US law enforcement, include their residential address (like where you sleep, not some shady po box) and must pony up a $200,000 cash escrow. For more info, email nsavacuum@treasury.gov

Your friends, The Feds

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooooo, the death star's shields are down, let's approach it.    Roll Eyes

BTW, does anybody know where the full list of email addresses they leaked can be found?

Bitcoin ♦♦♦ Trust in Mathematics, Not Bankers ♦♦♦
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:40:30 AM

big name players will enter only.. they don't have to worry too much. access to who they are and where they're from is already practically public. i doubt they're trying to get info on us regular folk.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 01:44:07 AM

BTW, does anybody know where the full list of email addresses they leaked can be found?
http://www.coindesk.com/list-possible-silk-road-bitcoin-bidders-allegedly-leaked-us-marshals/

Not the full list but for those that want to see the partial list.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Blinken (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:44:47 AM

big name players will enter only.. they don't have to worry too much. access to who they are and where they're from is already practically public. i doubt they're trying to get info on us regular folk.

Doh, now if you were a DEA agent would you be going after glue sniffing kids?

Blinken (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:46:18 AM

http://www.coindesk.com/list-possible-silk-road-bitcoin-bidders-allegedly-leaked-us-marshals/

Not the full list but for those that want to see the partial list.

Gah, everybody knows this. This is where the story broke, jeesh. We want the whole enchilada.

Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:51:12 AM

Pitiful the US marshal who made this mistake should be banned from email for a long long time. If I was one of the buyers I would be furious at such a basic fundamental error. You can bet if you made the same mistake and divulged a bunch of US marshal's who wanted to remain private there would be more repercussion than oops sorry.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4532

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:25:01 AM

i said days ago that it sounded like a sting op.

advertising funds linked to drug crimes.. requirement to hand over funds to have evidence of intent to purchase funds linked to drugs crimes..

just wait for knock at door and arrested for knowingly entering into a laundering scheme and being part of a criminal network

now lets take my tin foil hat off..

the auction advertises:
1. bitcoins are legit asset if even the marshals think they have value
2. the importance of anonymity using random character addresses to pass funds through and why trading using email addresses fail, is because even the marshals leak private peoples information

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
idrathershred

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:40:41 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this whole auction thing is way out of line... I can't believe I that people are lining up to pay the feds a shit ton of money for bitcoins that they stole. It seems to me that it contradicts the whole purpose of bitcoin.
jc01480

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Nope..

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:51:14 AM

I suspect they really haven't given a whole lot of thought as to what they have and what they can do with them.  Undoubtedly, some other agencies who do know have stepped in to claim a small block for investigation purposes, research, and training (blanket excuse to alleviate accountability).  Those coins will probably be sold for 75-80% of their true value in that quantity.  We'll see when the awards come out.
NimrodChen

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:52:23 AM

a trap?? Grin
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:55:32 AM

I am so glad my tax dollars are used in such an efficient and careful manner. I am so glad these idiots are divesting. 

Honeypot

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:56:45 AM

.......lol
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:08:12 AM

For some reason...reading this thread reminded me of a sting operation I heard of once where the Fed's basically contacted hundreds of fugitives with outstanding warrants and convinced a good number of them that they had won some kind of lottery or something.  Once the suckers came in to collect their prize-money they slapped the cuffs on em.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:44:38 AM

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks this whole auction thing is way out of line... I can't believe I that people are lining up to pay the feds a shit ton of money for bitcoins that they stole. It seems to me that it contradicts the whole purpose of bitcoin.

Having the US Government be the single largest holder of Bitcoins contradicts the whole purpose of Bitcoin.

Get them out of the governments hands as soon as possible for a healthy Bitcoin economy.

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 07:16:46 AM

There's two guys from Second Market on that List. I think they have a good chance of getting a large portion of the clubs as they pretty much are Wall street.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:08:18 AM

I wonder how many people on this forum are like 'some of that money is mine!!' but don't want to for fear of being arrested.. and nipples clamped to car batteries / water boarding or whatever else happens these days.

keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:22:32 AM

Pitiful the US marshal who made this mistake should be banned from email for a long long time. If I was one of the buyers I would be furious at such a basic fundamental error. You can bet if you made the same mistake and divulged a bunch of US marshal's who wanted to remain private there would be more repercussion than oops sorry.

Steve

Always leave it up to state or government workers to botch up private info like this. Did you guys hear about the person at UC Riverside weekly who accidentally sent the entire list of students private information to the wrong email by mistake?
Pkuwag

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:52:06 AM

it is imposssible to get their email addresses..
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 10:38:46 AM

it is imposssible to get their email addresses..

i would like to email barry and sell him my 1 btc  Tongue

blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 10:40:24 AM

Out of interest, do all coins need to be purchased by one buyer?  Or can they be split?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: