Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:04:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014 BUTTERFLY LABS REVIEW  (Read 1211 times)
adrianmh6 (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:20:36 AM

So if you were thinking the 2014 Butterfly Labs could have grown up and might be a company worth investing your hard earned money with read below.  Below I copied my conversation trying to get a refund from my order placed back in April 2013. I no longer have a paypal account as I explained to them. They claim the refund was sent but I will never know as they didn’t fallow the instructions they asked me for and I have not received a refund. I changed my personal information to my user name and xxxxxxxxx where needed. I’m not interested in coming back and answering questions or interested in peoples opinions,  this is just for people to consider before sending BFL money.  These guys are obviously still amateurs and they will make you pay for their mistakes. Try calling them before placing an order and see if you can get a human to answer 1(800)8096463,  9 out 10 times you wont and voice mails will not be returned! Expect the same with customer service once they get your money.  The first email is at the bottom so start at the bottom and read up.  Enjoy

As explained in the email below I have no access to that paypal account.  Once again if BFL would have made good on my order placed back in April 2013 this would not be a problem, secondly if BFL would have fallowed the instructions sent  to you at your request this would not be a problem! I am not angry at any singe person but I am with your company! I am done dealing with your amateur company! FYI the money I invested with your company was suppose to help me pay for chemo treatments but instead of making money to cover those treatments with profits from the miner I ordered I’m now paying those bills back with interest, Thanks!   If BFL would like to put some effort in to doing business the proper way and recover the money you sup-possibly  sent to the wrong place or would like to accept some responsibility and refund my money to one of the accounts I provided that would be great but this is my last email to you!
   I will be composing a very detailed review of my experience with BFL to post on all forums that I am apart of showing potential customers that today's BFL is still the same old amateur BFL making the customers pay for company screw ups and mismanagement!

If some how my refund magically appears I'll remove my reviews of BFL,

adrianmh6

Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 14:19:54 -0500
Subject: Re: Contact Form
To: adrianmh6
Hello adrianmh6,

I am attaching a screenshot showing that Paypal processed your refund to your financial institution.  Have you changed banks, etc since your initial transaction?  If so you will need to contact Paypal to see where they sent the funds to.  I am sorry that this issue is taking so long to resolve but to the best of our knowledge, our communications with Paypal indicate that your funds were not held by them, and have been returned to the account you gave them as reference.  In other words the money should be in your personal possession despite having gone through PayPal, and as such we cannot issue a second refund.  They cannot work with us any further to verify this information and therefore you will need to contact their customer service to establish which account of yours was linked to Paypal.  That is where your money is.  I apologize for the extended time frame in which we have worked on this issue but it is part of our due diligence as well as PayPal's, to ensure a double-transfer of funds does not occur.

Warm regards,

Emily
BFL Customer Service

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 2:08 PM,  <adrianmh6> wrote:
That needs changed!!! I sent a email explaining that I no longer have access to that paypal account and I email you with my BTC wallet info for refund.

Please call me if you need to.

adrianmh6
xxxxxxxxxxx

Date: Thu, 1 May 2014 13:24:14 -0500

To: adrianmh6
Hi adrianmh6,

You have been refunded the amount of $1,303.86 for order 100033695, as follows:

PayPal - $1283.00

Transaction Id: 7BM18277K9700070X

BitPay - $20.86

A refund of 20.86 USD for invoice MFCZqZ2wdnhS9SqnfY12cs has been sent to 125BcNTphAM7btmcRJLGE2fA6iwKH6oN8o in transaction: 2c77471d1984f3c426f06656b960e9c375c20885dad4b7577c682e4545f56160 (0.0458 BTC)
BTCUSD exchange rate at the time of the refund: 455.46 USD

Best Wishes,
Abbey
BF Labs - Customer Service

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 9:17 PM, adrianmh6> wrote:
My BTC wallet is 125BcNTphAM7btmcRJLGE2fA6iwKH6oN8o  

Thank you
adrianmh6

Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 09:55:32 -0500
To: adrianmh6

Hello adrianmh6,

We're sorry you do not wish to remain in the order queue Hosted Bitcoin Mining by the GH. Due to our recent delays you qualify for a refund. ​​This refund process will take from 30-45 days since we are offering your position in the queue to potential buyers. ​We appreciate your understanding for ​the extra time​ this takes. If we are unable to sell your order we will, nevertheless, refund your money. Please ​send us your BTC wallet address or PayPal information so we may make the refund OR send the following bank information so we can send a bank wire transfer:

Bank name:
Bank address:
Swift:
ABA / Routing:
Account Name:
Account Number:
Account Address

Regards,
Shawn
Butterfly Labs, Inc.
Customer Service

On Wed, Mar 19, 2014 at 4:19 AM, adrianmh6> wrote:

Name: adrianmh6
E-mail: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Telephone: xxxxxxxxxxxx

Comment: I would like a refund for Order #100033695 . I dont remember how I paid but I no longer have my old paypal account so Im ok with any other refund method.  Thanks
BCRMedia

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 03:46:17 AM

While I am also frustrated waiting on my 3 BFL orders, in their defense, they did state that all refunds would be made in USD only. So, asking them for BTC seems like the egg is on your face. Did you check the transaction as PayPal to see if it's legit?  Have you even tried speaking to PayPal?  A scammer rolled me for 1400$ in bitcoin and PayPal paid me back. They seem to understand
boliu

Activity: 267
Merit: 250

6th BTC reached. Thank you for your support

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:22:01 PM

can't you check with paypal since they given a transaction ID

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: