Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 11:18:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DEV WHO SAYS PROOF OF CONTRIBUTION, PLZ BE CAREFUL. KiB Dev ran away with money.  (Read 1308 times)
bitcoin_newbie (OP)

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:49:52 AM
Last edit: June 19, 2014, 12:05:36 PM by bitcoin_newbie

Did anyone invest in the PoC KiB coin? It was kind of an IPO (not exactly), looked different and the coin had a self moderated thread. After the initial investment, I can't see the dev anywhere. The thread has been disabled for any replies now. Messaging the dev getting no replies. So I believe my investment is gone? Yet another perfect SCAM executed? I just invested that which I afforded to lose (so not worrying too much) but still it's my money. What do you think folks?
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:51:54 AM

I think the same thing  Angry

A couple days ago I posted a thread like your about kibweecoin and was deleted after, so let see if your will be deleted too.
bitcoin_newbie (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:53:11 AM

I think the same thing  Angry

A couple days ago I posted a thread like your about kibweecoin and was deleted after, so let see if your will be deleted too.

Gosh. Really? I can just say it was an INNOVATIVE SCAM.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:53:51 AM

yeah he ran away with the money... that scumbag. invested some myself =/
bitcoin_newbie (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:56:26 AM

These bloody dev f**kers are the black dots to cryptoworld. Let him rot in hell with that money!!
Charloz24

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:57:01 AM

Problem with that is there was approximately 5 BTC in the IPO. I didn't make a full load of cash. Website was well designed and all, really strange!
bitcoin_newbie (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:58:47 AM

Problem with that is there was approximately 5 BTC in the IPO. I didn't make a full load of cash. Website was well designed and all, really strange!

Agree with you. The website was well designed to make people believe. And the concept was also well thought out. It's a shame he couldn't deliver.
zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:59:50 AM

It was clearly a scam. I just checked the payment address where i sent the "ipo" payment. And the address was cleared already and the final 6.11 BTC sold on an exchange
bitcoin_newbie (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:03:12 PM

I know 6 BTC is a lot of money. But still, is it SO MUCH that he can live happy forever? Stupid idiotic morons that run these SCAMS. Well, the next dev who says Proof of Contribution, we need to be very careful.
zsnorbi

Activity: 686

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:05:37 PM

I know 6 BTC is a lot of money. But still, is it SO MUCH that he can live happy forever? Stupid idiotic morons that run these SCAMS. Well, the next dev who says Proof of Contribution, we need to be very careful.

If he is doing this every month making a nice website or an ipo with promissions it is a pretty nice money to get monthly.
We are the idiots sending BTC to devs for any nice looking ideea.
bitcoin_newbie (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:07:58 PM

If he is doing this every month making a nice website or an ipo with promissions it is a pretty nice money to get monthly.

True. But hopefully I will keep a tab on any new coins that come up with similar kinda ideas and ALERT people. In that way, these fucking idiots cant run away with people's hard earned money. I hope you guys will do that too.
syldh

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:17:21 PM

why
ShareTick

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:17:31 PM

Proof Of Run
New Algo:RunAway
 Cheesy
Becareful about all "IPO"
bitcoin_newbie (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:39:10 PM

Proof Of Run
New Algo:RunAway
 Cheesy
Becareful about all "IPO"

+1
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 02:20:03 PM

Guys, it was obvious since 1st minute. Proof of Contribution is just another name for IPO. Don't invest in IPO, 100% SCAM.
platorin

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:41:20 AM

All threads with IPO, Premine, ay type of financial contribution, self moderated, should be avoided and treated like scam.
BestofSR

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:46:07 AM

can you guys put here link to that thread?

Get Free VpnCoin, Join BitNet ! VqdA2ZZWSTn6UCfCHyDjmTuA3WeToPPa9k
policymaker

Activity: 210

Crypto Currency Supporter

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:54:45 AM

can you guys put here link to that thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=642933.0

Here it is. As you can see the last reply before the lockdown was mine. How can some1 not be fooled? Site well designed, topic well created, btc invested in IPO not that much, he was always online in IRC and forum answering questions, definitely not ur average scammer.

Still sad to falling to this, the fact that he won't respond now and doesnt update any1 on his work means it was a scam idd.

XCurrency Price Speculation Topic
Coin Control Basic guide                                                                XChat address/private/instant/absolute: XSKu1fpwvRcAekfK91qVHi51Tgz4ckoA91
XChat public key: zcfx74j4fFK9hW7rQniTvLyDyXd9SyRCrncP9vdukbVT
Stinky_Pete

Activity: 560

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 11:07:53 AM

True. But hopefully I will keep a tab on any new coins that come up with similar kinda ideas and ALERT people. In that way, these fucking idiots cant run away with people's hard earned money. I hope you guys will do that too.
Oh, dear God, no.

Please don't become one of those people who spams new coins over and over again, usually with a large red font, and descending into another thread of abuse and personal insults.

bitcoin_newbie (OP)

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 08:36:46 AM

Oh, dear God, no.

Please don't become one of those people who spams new coins over and over again, usually with a large red font, and descending into another thread of abuse and personal insults.

Sure, no personal insults or abuse. But a link to this thread will serve as a warning for noobs (and sometime experts too) to be wary about their investment. And no large red fonts Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: