Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:49:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralization not solved at the mining level  (Read 795 times)
Darc (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:50:15 AM

The new head of the bitcion FED - Sam Cole is everything that bitcoin is NOT about.
The bitcoin algorithm decentralized a currency but not the network nodes. Nodes are now
concentrated to who will invest the most Fiat. Nothing has really changed. A good idea
is to introduce a node entry difficulty. You can be as greedy as you like but the greedier
you are the harder it gets. Take out KNC and other bitcoin farms and get back to what
it's all about. Decentralization of all power bases into maximum sized fragments and diversify
all node ownership. Mr Nakomoto, you can do this. 
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 11:51:41 AM

And cure all diseases in the world, and stop all wars and..yeah...easyer said than done.

JohnFromWIT

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 12:13:31 PM

If you have concerns, try sharing them in a less over dramatic way.
That way people would be less inclined to ignore them.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:08:41 PM

The new head of the bitcion FED - Sam Cole is everything that bitcoin is NOT about.
The bitcoin algorithm decentralized a currency but not the network nodes. Nodes are now
concentrated to who will invest the most Fiat. Nothing has really changed. A good idea
is to introduce a node entry difficulty. You can be as greedy as you like but the greedier
you are the harder it gets. Take out KNC and other bitcoin farms and get back to what
it's all about. Decentralization of all power bases into maximum sized fragments and diversify
all node ownership. Mr Nakomoto, you can do this. 

What is node entry difficulty?

I'm sorry to say but I highly doubt Satoshi is going to swoop in and save the day like some kind of super hero.
Darc (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:16:46 PM

And cure all diseases in the world, and stop all wars and..yeah...easyer said than done.
No, he can start and end with my request. He's already solved some hard stuff this is probably not impossible. I never asked for anything else if you read what I wrote.
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:35:33 PM

No, he can start and end with my request. He's already solved some hard stuff this is probably not impossible. I never asked for anything else if you read what I wrote.

Not going to happen.

If it could have been done then he would have done it in the first place.

All we can do is throw in ideas but the fact remains that unless there's a major protocol change, that problem will always be there.
And even if there is a protocol change it's not Bitcoin anymore, it's an alt.

I too have tried to find a possible solution but for every possible solution there are more possible attack methods.

What you are asking for is a new - full proof - cryptocurrency.
Such does not exist yet.
Cicero2.0

Activity: 98

★☆★Bitin.io★☆★

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:33:22 PM

Seems like all the fudsters should hire some coders and get to work on their perfect coin. They can call it FUD coin.

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:50:57 PM

Seems like all the fudsters should hire some coders and get to work on their perfect coin. They can call it FUD coin.

Lot's of those already - they all claim the have the answer.
silversurfer1958

Activity: 474
Merit: 111

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:10:24 PM

Wouldn't it be possible to generate coins randomly.  So someone can 'mine' with their PC or the Latest Asic and still only be able to generate a certain number of coins per hour which takes away the advantage of producing and using Asics.
But how do we do it.
Erm...I don't really know , over to you  Satoshi.

Darc (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 05:06:56 AM

It's going to happen.
Darc (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:33:37 AM

What's a fudster?
unexecuted

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 06:45:25 PM

My point is that even though the protocol itself is sound and decentralized, humans aren't. Bitcoin is tied to the social nature of humans (the developers team, the exchanges, the mining pools).
illymoka

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 11:27:37 AM

These are very important topics because Bitcoin is more than just the protocol. It's inherently tied to the world's social structure.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: