Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:03:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's all organize a shopping day.  (Read 690 times)
commandrix (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:00:27 PM

Haha yeah I know that shopping days are for girls, but what if we all organized a "shopping day" where we all pledge to spend at least 0.01BTC at a certain retailer? It would be like "cash mobs" where a group of people pick a day to support a favorite small business. We could make it a monthly thing if we want. If we publicize it right, it might get people's attention that you can buy things with Bitcoin.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:05:09 PM

Most of the online Bitcoin-friendly retailers accept Bitcoin payments only from the American users (such as Tigerdirect and Overstock). For people like me, there are not enough shops to chose what I want to purchase.
commandrix (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:08:45 PM

That stinks. Is there anybody here who lives in America, or does anybody know some obscure little ecommerce site (that isn't a scammer) that might appreciate the BTC enough to not care about where their customers come from?
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:12:17 PM

Haha yeah I know that shopping days are for girls, but what if we all organized a "shopping day" where we all pledge to spend at least 0.01BTC at a certain retailer? It would be like "cash mobs" where a group of people pick a day to support a favorite small business. We could make it a monthly thing if we want. If we publicize it right, it might get people's attention that you can buy things with Bitcoin.

a black friday once a month??

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
commandrix (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:23:11 PM

a black friday once a month??

More like an online cash mob. http://www.cashmob.com/
beatljuice

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:33:24 PM

I'd participate. Seems like a good idea, though saying "shopping days are for girls" is not giving you any credibility whatsoever, and isn't helping us attract women to bitcoin.

Most of the online Bitcoin-friendly retailers accept Bitcoin payments only from the American users (such as Tigerdirect and Overstock). For people like me, there are not enough shops to chose what I want to purchase.

Maybe you should start a business where you are then. Sounds like the market is wide open for bitcoin business.
commandrix (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 08:16:11 PM

I'd participate. Seems like a good idea, though saying "shopping days are for girls" is not giving you any credibility whatsoever, and isn't helping us attract women to bitcoin.

Maybe you should start a business where you are then. Sounds like the market is wide open for bitcoin business.

If any women see this thread, I apologize. There are other threads that kinda make Bitcointalk come off as mostly a stag thing. And if you have a blog or whatever, I can tell you from experience that it is VERY easy to turn it into the online version of a garage sale at the very least.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 08:17:58 PM

I'd gladly volunteer my business to be the destination for that spending!  Grin

commandrix (OP)

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 09:35:26 PM

I'd gladly volunteer my business to be the destination for that spending!  Grin

LOL mine too...I'll admit to having a blogstore that accepts several cryptos.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:04:26 AM

Your original post is confusing.   At a certain retailer - everyone spending?   Or (as you also said)  "people pick a favorite small business"  (which means only you could go there because its likely local).

There is already a Bitcoin shopping day like black friday. 

http://www.bitcoinblackfriday.com/

-B-

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 12:45:33 AM

Your original post is confusing.   At a certain retailer - everyone spending?   Or (as you also said)  "people pick a favorite small business"  (which means only you could go there because its likely local).

There is already a Bitcoin shopping day like black friday. 

http://www.bitcoinblackfriday.com/

-B-

Which has been a great success for the last two years.

StatusSeeking

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:33:54 PM

Perfect idea - Bitcoin Black Friday!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: