Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:07:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I need help  (Read 1004 times)
johnathan32 (OP)

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:03:39 PM

I can not connect my old user, I tried to reset password and I get a message on my Email Address does not exist,
  I have one of the managers will help me? Huh Huh
Umer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 04:24:57 PM

I can not connect my old user, I tried to reset password and I get a message on my Email Address does not exist,

There`s no way out if yu getting email address not exist .. this happen to time me once .. and same error appears to me .. and i lost mu account if you know you username tell..
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:12:05 PM

You'd be better to post this in the Meta subforum:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=24.0

If your account has been hacked and email changed, the only way to get it back is if you can prove it's yours by signing a message from a wallet which you've associated with your account in a post or PM.

Good luck.
Sonny

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 06:48:51 PM

Check your spam folder as well.

If your account has been hacked and email changed, the only way to get it back is if you can prove it's yours by signing a message from a wallet which you've associated with your account in a post or PM.

He will need to send theymos a PM with all required info in one PM.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

BTC_Fundamentals

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:19:14 AM

Are you used a easy password ? How that happened that you have been hacked ?
BunsenBurner

Activity: 653

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:24:24 AM

Are you used a easy password ? How that happened that you have been hacked ?

My guess is that he is using the same password on many different sites, and one of the sites get hacked.
Another possible reason is that he has got a keylogger on his computer, or he has entered his password on a phishing link.

johnathan32 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:23:13 AM

Good luck.

eid I do not understand you, there is not the forum moderators, who can make me go back and send me a private message so I can enter my account on the forum?
eid

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:25:43 AM

Good luck.

eid I do not understand you, there is not the forum moderators, who can make me go back and send me a private message so I can enter my account on the forum?

If you've lost control of your account, I believe you have to prove it is actually yours before they will restore access to you. The way to prove this is to sign a message using your bitcoin wallet, from an address which you said was yours in the past (in a post or PM). (See link in Sonny's post above).
johnathan32 (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:32:14 AM

Ok, I can tell them my password was and see if it is similar to the Email Address There are ways, yet it is not a bank account, it's just an account of the Forum has no money, then have to take it all in proportion
eid

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:33:37 AM

Ok, I can tell them my password was and see if it is similar to the Email Address There are ways, yet it is not a bank account, it's just an account of the Forum has no money, then have to take it all in proportion

You really should post this in the Meta sub-forum where the mods will see and answer it.
makebitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:59:37 PM

I've heard of more people being locked out of their account. Make sure to regulary change your password everyone.
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:48:27 PM

Definitely check your spam folder.  Had this happen to me here before.

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 01:41:10 AM

What is the point of hacking an account?
Is it only to earn through signature campaigns? Is it really worth it?
eid

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 08:45:47 AM

Well there is that, but also you could sell the account, or use it to scam people.

Whenever there's money involved, it will be worth it to someone. Don't underestimate the power of greed.
johnathan32 (OP)

View Profile
June 21, 2014, 03:54:19 PM

Definitely check your spam folder.  Had this happen to me here before.

I checked, and it was not sent to me
johnathan32 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:08:39 PM

Well there is that, but also you could sell the account, or use it to scam people.

Whenever there's money involved, it will be worth it to someone. Don't underestimate the power of greed.

You seem a bit exaggerating, here and sell your username to anyone it seems very far away, that he can do it alone without you, and you can say the same thing about Facebook, and recover a lost password and uses it a lot easier there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: