Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:12:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new site fonts?
Yes, I love them!
No, the other fonts were better.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubitex: In-person Bitcoin exchange [EARLY BETA!] [STOCK AVAILABLE]  (Read 36538 times)
DotNemesis

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:44:08 AM

... its just an idea...

Bitcoins was "just an idea" when you could easily buy them for less than 1 cent each.
Most people here are adults, thanks for trying to save us.  Roll Eyes

If your one to think a business like ubitex has complete potential to gain ground like Bit Coin then fine.
Others may find it irrational or maybe insane to invest in an idea which has no execution which anyone can copy.

If you look at OP's Post you will find that he will have to get the into website/IT system set up and get enough customers within range of each other for this to be a successful business.

Not only that, but GLBSE is not a registered exchange and anyone at this moment can report them to the proper authorities.
Note that financial crimes are very serious. Note that unlike Bit Coin, GLBSE has a physical server in which its business is conduct and a centralized staff.
It can be taken down any moment.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cuddlefish (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:45:00 AM

I'll buy when I see two exchange nodes pop up on a map.
'Tis on.
Edit: Oh, but you can see those earlier if you hold stock, there'll be a private beta on the 4th.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:45:38 AM

Oh, also: anyone holding shares, please PM me to be added to #ubitex-shareholders on IRC.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:50:58 AM

... its just an idea...

Bitcoins was "just an idea" when you could easily buy them for less than 1 cent each.
Most people here are adults, thanks for trying to save us.  Roll Eyes

If your one to think a business like ubitex has complete potential to gain ground like Bit Coin then fine.
Others may find it irrational or maybe insane to invest in an idea which has no execution which anyone can copy.

If you look at OP's Post you will find that he will have to get the into website/IT system set up and get enough customers within range of each other for this to be a successful business.

Not only that, but GLBSE is not a registered exchange and anyone at this moment can report them to the proper authorities.
Note that financial crimes are very serious. Note that unlike Bit Coin, GLBSE has a physical server in which its business is conduct and a centralized staff.
It can be taken down any moment.

Yes, financial crimes are very serious .... so why is that the registered, regulated exchanges are still harbouring the criminals who threatened to destroy the global financial system if they were not 'bailed out' to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars of tax-payer money?

I'm sorry, but if the current system is FUBAR and criminals are running amok anyway what's the harm in trying something new and bringing in some competition at least?

Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:53:26 AM

If your one to think...

Some of your points are certainly valid.
I reacted to this "DO NOT BUY UBITEX SHARES!".
That approach is a bit extreme, especially for your first post, IMO.
Welcome to Bitcoin.  Smiley

DotNemesis

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:55:18 AM

Yes, financial crimes are very serious .... so why is that the registered, regulated exchanges are still harbouring the criminals who threatened to destroy the global financial system if they were not 'bailed out' to the tune of hundreds of billions of dollars of tax-payer money?

I'm sorry, but if the current system is FUBAR and criminals are running amok anyway what's the harm in trying something new and bringing in some competition at least?

Hey look i'm not saying how the financial system is perfect or where your going with this.

There are some very serious risks in investing with UBITEX and GLBSE in general and even a more broader sense the Bit Coin Economy looks like its turning into a bubble economy (Inflated values without equity).

You are free to do what you would like but many people here are real investors.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:56:06 AM

[quote author=DotNemesis link=topic=6584.msg101690#msg101690 date=1304229318

Hey look i'm not saying how the financial system is perfect or where your going with this.

There are some very serious risks in investing with UBITEX and GLBSE in general and even a more broader sense the Bit Coin Economy looks like its turning into a bubble economy (Inflated values without equity).

You are free to do what you would like but many people here are real investors.
[/quote]

Offtopic? In *my* thread?
DotNemesis

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 05:56:27 AM

If your one to think...

Some of your points are certainly valid.
I reacted to this "DO NOT BUY UBITEX SHARES!".
That approach is a bit extreme, especially for your first post, IMO.
Welcome to Bitcoin.  Smiley

Cheesy thanks a lot bro!
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 06:25:02 AM

I've written a business plan.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 06:42:06 AM

hey cuddle, i'm a non hacker.  do u seriously expect me to be able to download that github black mkt program?  i'm a macOSX user on my macbook pro but i have windows 7 running with VMWare if i have to.
i want to invest in Ubitex.  whats the easiest way to get shares now?  you can email me if u want at idoc@lazer.pro
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 06:44:24 AM

This will never ever be made public.

Famous last words of the soon to be hacked.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 06:46:33 AM

hey cuddle, i'm a non hacker.  do u seriously expect me to be able to download that github black mkt program?  i'm a macOSX user on my macbook pro but i have windows 7 running with VMWare if i have to.
i want to invest in Ubitex.  whats the easiest way to get shares now?  you can email me if u want at idoc@lazer.pro
If you're not technically inclined, it's probably best to wait until Monday, when it's officially re-opened.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 06:47:53 AM

Indeed, and the utmost precautions will be taken to secure your data.

However, it is *strongly* recommended to not give your exact location. Instead, give a cross-street.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 06:48:17 AM

If you're not technically inclined, it's probably best to wait until Monday, when it's officially re-opened.

you've already sold some shares right?  why can't i get some now?
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 07:13:31 AM

Okay then.
Click here.
Set that up, then click here.

Then do "python blackmarket.py BUY (number of shares) UBX 100000000"
Okay?
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 07:23:25 AM

Okay then.
Click here.
Set that up, then click here.

Then do "python blackmarket.py BUY (number of shares) UBX 100000000"
Okay?

Coddle me Cuddle:  downloaded first link but get file extension i've never seen before https://gitorious.org/black-market/black-market-client/archive-tarball/master.  doing this in Win 7 via VMWare on Macbook.  doesn't install like apps i'm used to.  be patient and walk me thru this...
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 07:27:43 AM

Coddle me Cuddle:  downloaded first link but get file extension i've never seen before https://gitorious.org/black-market/black-market-client/archive-tarball/master.  doing this in Win 7 via VMWare on Macbook.  doesn't install like apps i'm used to.  be patient and walk me thru this...

If you're using Windows, just do this.
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 07:29:27 AM

Indeed, and the utmost precautions will be taken to secure your data.

However, it is *strongly* recommended to not give your exact location. Instead, give a cross-street.

That being said, I'm totally in on this! Just bought me 1 share!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
May 01, 2011, 07:56:56 AM

If you're using Windows, just do this.

i've got Python 2.7 folder installed in Win 7.  from here not sure what to do.  instructions seem to indicate using terminal commands.  can't get further than this.  is there no GUI interface for newbies?
LightRider
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2011, 07:58:43 AM

...or worse, litigated.

An interesting thought occurs. A global database of black market bitcoin sellers who trade in person...and the CIA is now in play in the bitcoin scene...and major institutions are taking note and shutting us down/dosing us...interesting developments.

What a great resource such a database would be to those who would love to put the hurt on subversive individuals.

Probably nothing to worry about though, especially since I'm an investor now.

tl;dr BUY BUY BUY!

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: