Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:56:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you like the new site fonts?
Yes, I love them!
No, the other fonts were better.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ubitex: In-person Bitcoin exchange [EARLY BETA!] [STOCK AVAILABLE]  (Read 36538 times)
Ben Walsh (beamer)

Activity: 343
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 06:43:57 PM

So I'm now a shareholder.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a "Finance Sheet". Where can I get access to that ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cuddlefish (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 10, 2011, 07:01:09 PM

So I'm now a shareholder.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned a "Finance Sheet". Where can I get access to that ?

http://tinyurl.com/ubitex-finances.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 04:16:50 AM

Oh, my order was filled! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Let you know how this goes...
Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:19:21 PM

I would like to make a request, as a shareholder ... could you please add dates to the Finance Sheet ?
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:38:42 PM

I would like to make a request, as a shareholder ... could you please add dates to the Finance Sheet ?

I will do that in the future.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 12:54:01 AM

Hey guys, just a quick thing:
Ubitex made its first revenue today!

0.03 BTC, through Operation Fabulous.

Not much, but it is symbolic.

Filler choice is COMING! Really!
The programmer working on it has been a bit slow, but he is making progress. It should be ready for testing by the weekend.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 03:41:57 AM

Okay, I'm implementing order choice myself.

It'll be done TONIGHT. You've waited long enough.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 05:15:34 AM

Commenting on unfilled orders is now in zode. Now just for filler request support... be done by 11 PM pacific time (<1 hour!!!!!)
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2011, 05:17:29 AM

Thanks cuddlefish! Can't wait for my cut of that .03!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2011, 06:49:10 AM

I'm going to bed now. Everything except the final choice is done Cheesy
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2011, 02:00:07 AM

I just finished seller choice (functionaility, not cosmetics) and pushed to zode.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 12:19:50 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2011, 05:06:24 PM by beamer

With regard to the last entry, can you maintain a USD balance on the Finance Sheet as well as the BTC one please.

I fully understand the reasoning behind buying and selling Bitcoins, given so many of the operating costs of the company are in USD.

However, personally, I would rather, as a Bitcoin company, we take the risk of maintaining the strength of the Bitcoin - if every Bitcoin company sold all their Bitcoins tomorrow, then the supply would flood the demand, crashing the currency completely.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:01:57 PM

Spelling and style corrections ...

On the My Profile page ...

Recieve should be Receive

Btc should be BTC - that form of capitalisation appears to have become the standard throughout the forums and other businesses/sites.

Suggestions ...

The Location entry on the My Profile page needs improvement.

At the moment the defaulted location is in longitude, latitude format. This is not particularly useful to users.

At the moment I appear to be able to type anything in the text box and save my profile. There is no feedback to the user what the entered value has been
          interpreted as.

Display a world map with a pin identifying the current value for location and let them choose from that. Then once they have chosen record internally as
               longitude, latitude.

Expand the "Btc addr:" text box to display the complete address rather than just the first part of the value the user has entered.

Add as many additional social network interaction links to the Get Social section of the Discuss the Order page as possible.

We need to get the order book bursting with orders as soon as possible. Without the critical mass the site / business will not take off. I think that section is a
          very good way of easily allowing users to promote their orders but it needs expansion. Research the http://www.addthis.com widgets and identify whether
          that is the most useful and swift way of achieving the aims of the "Get Social" section.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 06:10:07 PM

Btc should be BTC - that form of capitalisation appears to have become the standard throughout the forums and other businesses/sites.

Suggestions ...

At the moment the defaulted location is in longitude, latitude format. This is not particularly useful to users.

At the moment I appear to be able to type anything in the text box and save my profile. There is no feedback to the user what the entered value has been
          interpreted as.

Display a world map with a pin identifying the current value for location and let them choose from that. Then once they have chosen record internally as
               longitude, latitude.

Expand the "Btc addr:" text box to display the complete address rather than just the first part of the value the user has entered.

Add as many additional social network interaction links to the Get Social section of the Discuss the Order page as possible.

We need to get the order book bursting with orders as soon as possible. Without the critical mass the site / business will not take off. I think that section is a
          very good way of easily allowing users to promote their orders but it needs expansion. Research the http://www.addthis.com widgets and identify whether
          that is the most useful and swift way of achieving the aims of the "Get Social" section.

I actually got a User Experience guy to look over the site... expect changes.

For one thing... public order book on a map.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 17, 2011, 08:41:18 PM

No probs :O)

I've been developing software for 10+ years. Lots of software test experience.

If you would like me to assess anything else before making it live just PM me.

I might accept payment in UBX shares ;O)

Suggestions ...

interpreted as.

longitude, latitude.

I actually got a User Experience guy to look over the site... expect changes.

For one thing... public order book on a map.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:52:28 PM

I am looking at making further investment in UBX. Some company performance information will be helpful ...

Where can I see the statistics on user base growth over time, usage figures over time, etc ... ?

What are your thoughts on changing the listing fee to a % of the BTC being sold rather than the flat 0.5 BTC on the Ubitex site ?
          Looking at the order books of the various exchange sites, I suspect such a high relative charge is dissuading users from utilising the site.

What are your short, medium and long term plans for marketing and development of the Ubitex site ?

What are your short, medium and long term plans for Ubitex Music ?

Where can we view latest development version of the Ubitex Music Client ?

What other projects are in the pipeline for Ubitex ?

When can we expect the next dividend payment on the UBX shares ?

Please communicate the link(s) / content via a "mock" motion on GLBSE, if you prefer not to post such commercially sensitive info in public.

Also, the Finance Sheet needs fixing - the balance column is incorrect from cell D13 down.
Ben Walsh (beamer)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 04:58:57 PM

The Finance Sheet is still missing dates for the transactions too.
cuddlefish (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2011, 09:51:58 PM

I am looking at making further investment in UBX. Some company performance information will be helpful ...

Where can I see the statistics on user base growth over time, usage figures over time, etc ... ?

What are your thoughts on changing the listing fee to a % of the BTC being sold rather than the flat 0.5 BTC on the Ubitex site ?
          Looking at the order books of the various exchange sites, I suspect such a high relative charge is dissuading users from utilising the site.

What are your short, medium and long term plans for marketing and development of the Ubitex site ?

Please communicate the link(s) / content via a "mock" motion on GLBSE, if you prefer not to post such commercially sensitive info in public.

Also, the Finance Sheet needs fixing - the balance column is incorrect from cell D13 down.

We are currently still running in 0-fee mode. With the deployment of escrows we will take 0.05% (identical to ClearCoin).

Oh, and the seeeecret feature.

Come on IRC, #ubitex-shareholders on Freenode. We'll talk there.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2011, 04:26:31 AM

We are currently still running in 0-fee mode. With the deployment of escrows we will take 0.05% (identical to ClearCoin).

Oh, and the seeeecret feature.

Come on IRC, #ubitex-shareholders on Freenode. We'll talk there.

The latest news on Clearcoin is that Gavin's shutting it down for an unknown length of time. We can totally raise the rates now that we've crushed our competition!

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
shellbunner

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 26, 2011, 05:00:01 AM

Interesting concept. Good luck!
I didn't find this thread until it was too late to buy shares of UBX.
I don't have bitcoins unfortunately.
I have cash, and I am sending some towards my dwolla.com account to purchase bitcoins for whatever.
How else can I possibly invest in this?
And what else are you planning on rolling out? Or is that still under wraps?
Thank you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: