Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:34:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 824 times)
austin_outland (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:49:29 PM

I'm a noob. Did not know where to put this suggestion feature and/or idea for the this forum.
First idea is add or direct me to a stickied thread for suggested feature and/or idea.
Second idea is add link blockchain info to the profile's bitcoin address, like so:

Current Status:   https://bitcointalk.org/Themes/custom1/images/useron.gif Online
Bitcoin address:   15syp6mtPPqGAourRxgTJqnYyeAKHH6yiQ

This is useful for me, maybe for you as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:51:39 PM

I think a lot of people want to copy/paste users' bitcoin addresses so they can send funds when applicable. Your idea would also be endorsing a specific company as there are many block explores.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:56:53 PM

Would be nice, wouldn't take any time to change, add a simple href tag. Replying to the post above mine, blockchain.info is a specific company, but I haven't used any other blockchain. Maybe a bitcoin:15syp6mtPPqGAourRxgTJqnYyeAKHH6yiQ link would be nice also.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:26:43 AM

Would be nice, wouldn't take any time to change, add a simple href tag. Replying to the post above mine, blockchain.info is a specific company, but I haven't used any other blockchain. Maybe a bitcoin:15syp6mtPPqGAourRxgTJqnYyeAKHH6yiQ link would be nice also.

bitcoin: prefix indicates a protocol or something?  I think that's interesting.  I guess the idea would be that you set your browser to prefer what it wants to do with bitcoin: links kinda like mailto: links or something?
imBLACKjack

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:35:08 AM

bitcoin: prefix indicates a protocol or something?  I think that's interesting.  I guess the idea would be that you set your browser to prefer what it wants to do with bitcoin: links kinda like mailto: links or something?
the "bitcoin" prefix makes it so whatever your default wallet program will open and start creating a TX to that address, you just need to specify the amount and enter your PW to send.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:44:15 AM

Once you installed the qt program (and probably other ones) bitcoin: automatically starts the program and inserts the address into the pay to field, making it easy to send. I think blockchain has a feature where you can set bitcoin: to go to your blockchain wallet.

Yes it is exactly like a mailto: link

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: