Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:52:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature Request  (Read 824 times)
austin_outland (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:49:29 PM

I'm a noob. Did not know where to put this suggestion feature and/or idea for the this forum.
First idea is add or direct me to a stickied thread for suggested feature and/or idea.
Second idea is add link blockchain info to the profile's bitcoin address, like so:

Current Status:   https://bitcointalk.org/Themes/custom1/images/useron.gif Online
Bitcoin address:   15syp6mtPPqGAourRxgTJqnYyeAKHH6yiQ

This is useful for me, maybe for you as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
redHeadBlunder

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2014, 11:51:39 PM

I think a lot of people want to copy/paste users' bitcoin addresses so they can send funds when applicable. Your idea would also be endorsing a specific company as there are many block explores.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2014, 11:56:53 PM

Would be nice, wouldn't take any time to change, add a simple href tag. Replying to the post above mine, blockchain.info is a specific company, but I haven't used any other blockchain. Maybe a bitcoin:15syp6mtPPqGAourRxgTJqnYyeAKHH6yiQ link would be nice also.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:26:43 AM

Would be nice, wouldn't take any time to change, add a simple href tag. Replying to the post above mine, blockchain.info is a specific company, but I haven't used any other blockchain. Maybe a bitcoin:15syp6mtPPqGAourRxgTJqnYyeAKHH6yiQ link would be nice also.

bitcoin: prefix indicates a protocol or something?  I think that's interesting.  I guess the idea would be that you set your browser to prefer what it wants to do with bitcoin: links kinda like mailto: links or something?
imBLACKjack

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:35:08 AM

bitcoin: prefix indicates a protocol or something?  I think that's interesting.  I guess the idea would be that you set your browser to prefer what it wants to do with bitcoin: links kinda like mailto: links or something?
the "bitcoin" prefix makes it so whatever your default wallet program will open and start creating a TX to that address, you just need to specify the amount and enter your PW to send.
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:44:15 AM

Once you installed the qt program (and probably other ones) bitcoin: automatically starts the program and inserts the address into the pay to field, making it easy to send. I think blockchain has a feature where you can set bitcoin: to go to your blockchain wallet.

Yes it is exactly like a mailto: link

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: