Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:00:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PREANN] SMOKE - SMOKE-4 ALGORITHM - New algos (BMW + X) - BETA WALLET NEAR.  (Read 24595 times)
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 06:59:50 PM

Come on guys...nothing to see here as it's closed source and dev doesn't let anybody review it!

these days I wouldnt let anyone review anything without an NDA.

think about it.
Cryptocurrencies are about open-source code.
Think about it.

Keeping the code closed will make this coin unique. 

Id rather own a piece of something that no one else can bootstrap the next day
DubFX

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:36:20 PM

Come on guys...nothing to see here as it's closed source and dev doesn't let anybody review it!

think about it.
Think about it.

Keeping the code closed will make this coin unique.  

Id rather own a piece of something that no one else can bootstrap the next day
Would you rather own something that may have 99% premine included in it and after you'll invest in it and some time will pass the dev could dump all the coins and make all the investors like you loose all your invested money?

//EDIT

think about it.
Think about it.

The only problem with releasing the source code is leaks and immediate clones we want to keep the technology private to protect developments. There is no saying it will not be released in the future.
As long as you will keep this promise i have no problems with closed source. And if this will turn into successfull coin i have no arguments against it, im just saying what MAY happen.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:05:14 PM

If anyone here needs nxt in order to buy smokeshares pm me.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:14:50 AM

Seriously what is the roadmap?
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 11:32:20 AM
Last edit: July 08, 2014, 12:32:24 PM by testadimerlo

When Ipo will end?

Is each share 0.98 nxt, right? Excuse me: does it mean that theorically you could reach over 8.000 ( eight thousand) BTC? If 1000 share is almost 1 next, 100 millions of share are 847 btc ( if 1 next is 8500 sat). Am I wrong? If I m not wrong, it seems a bit exagerated. I m asking you this because I m not able to understand more or less how many coins I could receive in the worst of cases. I'm interested. So the starting price is more or less 1 smoke: 1 next? After, it will depend on how many btc you collect.

thanks
atleticofa

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 02:23:16 PM

When Ipo will end?

Is each share 0.98 nxt, right? Excuse me: does it mean that theorically you could reach over 8.000 ( eight thousand) BTC? If 1000 share is almost 1 next, 100 millions of share are 847 btc ( if 1 next is 8500 sat). Am I wrong? If I m not wrong, it seems a bit exagerated. I m asking you this because I m not able to understand more or less how many coins I could receive in the worst of cases. I'm interested. So the starting price is more or less 1 smoke: 1 next? After, it will depend on how many btc you collect.

thanks

+1
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 07:43:33 PM

When Ipo will end?

thanks

+1

the price is 1 nxt per share. i buy back at 0.98.

right now you could buy 0.01 shares and get 100% of smokecoin because no one else has bought any. its just divided evenly among each of the shares purchased. If 2 shares are purchased and you own one of them than you get 6.5million smokecoin. if 3 shares are purchased and you own 2 of them than you get eight million. ect... ect...

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Rebound Effect

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 08, 2014, 08:56:10 PM

Will ipo ends after three weeks?
testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 09:17:49 AM

No one knows when ipo ends?
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:38:09 AM

I think the dev does not want investors
Rebound Effect

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 10:47:12 AM

I think the dev does not want investors

agree. He is spending his energies to achieve this goal
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 04:44:58 PM

Just make sure that you do not send any tokens to the dev until this has been made clear and i have removed my buy order.

msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:22:02 PM

Just make sure that you do not send any tokens to the dev until this has been made clear and i have removed my buy order.

IPO doesn't necessarily end if smokeshares are traded on an open Nxt AE market.  You can invest anytime (at different price points).  Of course at launch, you will have to convert the smokeshares to smokecoins at which point the IPO would be over as the coin will be launched.  Am i right?
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:23:07 PM

is there a mining phase in this coin, and when does it start (sorry, don't understand entirely what is written in the op, with this beta wallet stuff...) ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
SMOKEPROJECT (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:24:57 PM

We are working on BTC only escrow, funds from NXT AE will be refunded. There is a realisation that some don't use this technology and are alien to it. The IPO date will be confirmed when we have confirmed the new escrow for BTC only conversions. This form of escrow (NXT AE) will increase the workload for the provider and we possibly miscalculated adoption rate. Thanks again Anon136 for all the hard work. We appreciate everyones time and effort, thank you for bearing with us.

We are interested in a hiring a community manager or team to help us with development news in relation to the community. Please pm us with your C.V. or otherwise if you want to get involved with the project.

We have also implemented TOR on Vootcoin to prove our development before release. Beta wallet is still on target.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639371.0
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:42:27 PM

IPO doesn't necessarily end if smokeshares are traded on an open Nxt AE market.  You can invest anytime (at different price points).  Of course at launch, you will have to convert the smokeshares to smokecoins at which point the IPO would be over as the coin will be launched.  Am i right?

Yes that is right. After the investment phase has ended i will pull down my buy orders while i evaluate whether the dev has fulfilled his obligations. If he has than i put the buy order back up and he can fill for all of the shares that were sent to him, or anyone who decided not to send can just hold onto the shares and fill the buy order after i put it back up. but yes even during the period where i have taken down the buy order you can trade amongst yourselves.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:46:25 PM

ah well it looks like the dev has decided to abandon escrow. since im pretty sure hes the only one who bought any shares anyway, no harm done i suppose.

Now that im no longer affiliated with this project ill go ahead and say that this reeks of scam. Please be very very careful.

Rebound Effect

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:48:28 PM

We are working on BTC only escrow, funds from NXT AE will be refunded. There is a realisation that some don't use this technology and are alien to it. The IPO date will be confirmed when we have confirmed the new escrow for BTC only conversions. This form of escrow (NXT AE) will increase the workload for the provider and we possibly miscalculated adoption rate. Thanks again Anon136 for all the hard work. We appreciate everyones time and effort, thank you for bearing with us.

We are interested in a hiring a community manager or team to help us with development news in relation to the community. Please pm us with your C.V. or otherwise if you want to get involved with the project.

We have also implemented TOR on Vootcoin to prove our development before release. Beta wallet is still on target.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=639371.0

Please, will you say us when ipo end? Don't forget when you open the new ipo, we are talking about elementary things. Thank you very much

ah, another thing: 8478 BTC for 12 millions of coins is a very high market cap. A crazy one. Be lower. Thanks again
Rebound Effect

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:51:15 PM

ah well it looks like the dev has decided to abandon escrow. since im pretty sure hes the only one who bought any shares anyway, no harm done i suppose.

Now that im no longer affiliated with this project ill go ahead and say that this reeks of scam. Please be very very careful.

if dev doesn't look for an escrow i don't think he ll find some investor. thanks anon
SMOKEPROJECT (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 08:52:04 PM

We asked you to do a payment option with BTC escrow, NXT AE is good software however not many people have experience the software . People are obviously alien to the NXT software this does not give further opportunity. We are not abandoning escrow at all we are seeking someone else who will do the BTC escrow. We have already paid you for the service and you can keep the funds for what we have paid to create the asset. We also said we will reimburse you any further funds for your time and your payment options of % of escrow.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: