Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:12:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the most easiest way to turn your bitcoins to fiat?  (Read 1726 times)
bitbaby (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:27:45 AM

I see most people from USA using coinbase since they give the option of selling coins and direct bank transfers but for someone who is outside usa and wants to sell some coins for fiat, what's the easiest way to go about doing this?

More importantly what's the easiest and the safest way of doing this without offering to sell here. Which methods do you suggest of doing this without any hassles and doing it fast and easy.

Anastasio

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Whatever you do, take care of your shoes.

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:34:12 AM

https://localbitcoins.com/sell_bitcoins

It'll be less than market value, but there are trusted buyers that will pay you within an hour.

bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:48:22 AM

Define trusted*

All of them require you to send first and if they didn't pay what can one do but come and cry here?? I don't see any safety for selling there.

eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:54:13 AM

I see most people from USA using coinbase since they give the option of selling coins and direct bank transfers but for someone who is outside usa and wants to sell some coins for fiat, what's the easiest way to go about doing this?

More importantly what's the easiest and the safest way of doing this without offering to sell here. Which methods do you suggest of doing this without any hassles and doing it fast and easy.
Do you mind telling us where you are from?
Sometimes a local exchange could be the best/fastest option.

Or in Belgium and The Netherlands you can actually sell bitcoins 'instantly' through Bitonic.
It's then transferred to your bank account the same day.

bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:03:02 AM

I am not selling, I am hodling my coins but I am asking more of a general question as to what is the safest, fastest and easiest way of doing this.

zeetubes

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:03:26 AM

For now, the interface between the fiat and btc world is clunky but there are plenty of countries around the world with their own exchanges. I'm still trying to work out the best way to pay off a credit card in the US without a local bank account.
LouReed

Activity: 732
Merit: 500

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:09:04 AM

Define trusted*

All of them require you to send first and if they didn't pay what can one do but come and cry here?? I don't see any safety for selling there.

There is an escrow system on Localbitcoin, it can't really get much more safer than that can it?
LAMarcellus

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:10:21 AM

For now, the interface between the fiat and btc world is clunky but there are plenty of countries around the world with their own exchanges. I'm still trying to work out the best way to pay off a credit card in the US without a local bank account.

Perhaps have a family member or girlfriend cut the check to the credit card company and you give them cash.

The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion. – Albert Camus
bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:11:05 AM

Define trusted*

There is an escrow system on Localbitcoin, it can't really get much more safer than that can it?

And who are these persons holding the escrow?

LouReed

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:11:15 AM

I am not selling, I am hodling my coins but I am asking more of a general question as to what is the safest, fastest and easiest way of doing this.

Also, there are plenty of trusted traders like me on this forum. There are many payment options depending on where you live.
LouReed

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:12:13 AM

Define trusted*

It's the website itself,  Localbitcoin. They do charge a fee though, I believe.
bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:17:52 AM

Also, there are plenty of trusted traders like me on this forum. There are many payment options depending on where you live.

I know that. This is the place where most ppl usually end up when they're done searching everywhere, this is the most trusted place. But it can take some time, I wish there was a place which was safe, easy and real fast like instant.

Define trusted*

Yes, I see that they offer the most lowest price and they charge very high fee plus I read some bad reviews about some trades that went sour, I don't know I don't trust that place.

LouReed

Nosce te Ipsum

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:19:44 AM

I know that. This is the place where most ppl usually end up when they're done searching everywhere, this is the most trusted place. But it can take some time, I wish there was a place which was safe, easy and real fast like instant.

Define trusted*

Yes, I see that they offer the most lowest price and they charge very high fee plus I read some bad reviews about some trades that went sour, I don't know I don't trust that place.

If you're looking to sell, and you want a quick trade contact me or DannyHamilton, or Xetsr on here. You won't get spot, but it won't be near as bad as Localbitcoin.
suryc

Activity: 298

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:27:29 AM

You should put a listing to sell bitcoins on localbitcoins.com

You are actually likely to get slightly above market value.

You can ask for cash in the mail and the buyer will have to send you the $ first before you release the btc they are buying.

The only downside is that you may have to wait for someone to buy your btc, but it usually happens pretty fast.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
bitbaby (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:40:12 AM

You should put a listing to sell bitcoins on localbitcoins.com

You are actually likely to get slightly above market value.

You can ask for cash in the mail and the buyer will have to send you the $ first before you release the btc they are buying.

The only downside is that you may have to wait for someone to buy your btc, but it usually happens pretty fast.

I see, what exactly is cash in the mail? and do I have to deposit my coins at localbitcoins for that?

QuantumQrack

Activity: 337

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:53:00 AM

www.bitsimple.com
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 02:44:56 PM

Really depends on your Country ?
I am in Australia  and I now use a couple of trusted people on IRC now when I want to sell.

I send first, they send first, we all trust each other. Once we login to OTC (and nickserv) everyone happy and verified.
I know I will have the money in my bank account in 24 hour or whatever...  takes a little while to get to that level of trust, but you do due diligence.
Plus they know I will kneecap them =)

but yeah, what country ? or you just asking a general question ? I think its county dependent.

justusranvier
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:54:11 PM

The price you can obtain on LocalBitcoins depends on your reputation.

If you're willing to start with low margins and build up your reviews you will eventually get the trades from the people who will pay more to deal with somebody with the best reviews.
Skele

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

VocalPlatform.com

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:03:15 PM

Local Bitcoins seems nice to me, maybe the prices are not so current but it has a reputation system like ebay, and you also can find physical

cash over there.
thecoindoctor

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:22:35 PM

I prefer coinbase though
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: