Bitcoin Forum
January 24, 2017, 01:19:33 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.2  [Torrent]. (New!)
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: {ANNOUNCEMENT} WBX Exchange Frozen  (Read 40074 times)
MPOE-PR
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 756



View Profile
October 12, 2013, 10:42:14 PM
 #441

Quote
Hi Doug

Andre here it's been a long time since I've been in touch with you,  im deeply sorry for that. I would like to give Bitcoin another go and im asking for your help on a couple of issues with the exchange you built for me

1) I need to upgrade and change the bitcoin wallet to a new one.

2) Bitcoin conformations is not working in the current wallet.

If you can provide a step by step process it would be much appreciated

I can understand if you decide not to help me but its worth a shot as you built the exchange.

All the best
Andre

Sent from my iPhone

That's the first I heard from him for a very long time.  I had tried emailing him several times while trying to sort out the WBX mess and never got a single reply.  And now he contacts me out of the blue and calls me "Doug".  I didn't reply straight away, and then it slipped my mind until I saw your post about the site update.  I really don't know what to think.  I guess there are plenty of new Bitcoin users who won't have heard about the previous WBX incarnation...

Hahaha, that's pretty rich.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
1485263973
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1485263973

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1485263973
Reply with quote  #2

1485263973
Report to moderator
1485263973
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1485263973

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1485263973
Reply with quote  #2

1485263973
Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1485263973
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1485263973

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1485263973
Reply with quote  #2

1485263973
Report to moderator
1485263973
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1485263973

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1485263973
Reply with quote  #2

1485263973
Report to moderator
Andre Jensen (World Bitcoin Exchange)
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 102



View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 10:32:03 PM
 #442

Address to All WBX and bitcoin supporters.

I would like to start by saying "I'm very sorry for not communicating on the forums" simply because i was instructed not to by my "lawyers", yes i will admit it has been over 2 1/2 years since the site went down and i was robbed by my bank (at the time) i would like to take this opportunity to set a few things straight.

The reason why i stopped Trading through WBX is because my bank (sorry i can't name the bank for legal reasons) had put a hold on my bank accounts. this stopped the flow of AUD to my Clients and put a lot of pressure on me. thus putting the fiat side of the business at risk, at the time i processed only 50% of the bank withdraws that were coming through to the site with my own personal funds and the other 50% went unpaid for 2 years simply because i run out of money.

I've Spent the last 2-3 years paying back clients working 2 jobs and running a security business and to date ive paid back 95% of outstanding AUD accounts to my clients and the other 5% being in my opinion Scam artists.... the bank still retains my funds to-date.

I then started to receive threats from various people because they hadn't received their bitcoin back, which then i came to the realisation that i didn't want to put my wife and three kids at risk and decided to pack up and move from Gold Coast back to Melbourne deciding to close down my wifes two hair salons and my Security business as you would all know from this forum.

From day 1 the bitcoin was always secured by Chris (dooglus) both online and offline for security reasons and i can honestly say and chris will back this up.....i had no control over where it was stored (i only knew the address it was stored under) even to the point of not having access to withdraw the BTC, (as you are all aware of) once i had all AUD seized from me by the bank i became increasingly worried for the BTC that Chris would run off with the funds, so i requested the BTC back on several occasion even to the point of threatening him. (which i now regret as he has done the right thing in repaying at least majority of BTC) also i have not asked or received any BTC from chris since this has happened.

I was approached by another exchange in Australia to buy a share in WBX and i agreed this investment would have helped fund the pay back of all my clients on WBX also this person requested a few changes to the site eg: making it anonymous again, but before I signed off on the deal some of my client that lossed AUD on my site were not receiving AUD on his exchange (which most of you would be aware of cryptoX) so i cancelled the deal.

A few weeks ago i reached out to Chris to help with the exchange again and had no reply? also apologizing to him with no reply?, until i read the forums and found he did receive the email and posted it here. The reason i want to give WBX a go again is i believe in bitcoin like most of you in the forums and Australia needs it also i've been approached by investors to restart WBX this is why i need the help. personally i've got nothing to hide and on occasion you can find me at the Melbourne bitcoin Meetup if you want to approach me for any reason i'll be happy to meet you.

"Chris publicly i just want to say i'm deeply sorry for what has happen in the past and you are a genuine bitcoin supporter/developer and would hope we can move on" 

Any questions i am happy to answer to a certain degree.

Kind Regards
Andre



 



 
CIYAM
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1848


Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer


View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 04:44:05 PM
 #443

Andre despite your very poor "support" I still used your exchange because *I wanted to try and see how this might work out* (and I was accused later by *goat* of somehow being your "partner in crime").

I lost money from an AUD deposit that never *appeared* (around the time your business was failing) and never complained as I managed to convince my own bank to *refund* me (it helps when you have had a long term relationship with your bank).

You have *burned your bridges* here a long time ago and I think it would just be best to "let the past be the past" and *move on* (the rest of us have I think).

(btw - I think MPOE-PR got perma-banned so you probably don't need to worry about "it")

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2044



View Profile
April 02, 2014, 09:28:35 PM
 #444

I've Spent the last 2-3 years paying back clients working 2 jobs and running a security business and to date ive paid back 95% of outstanding AUD accounts to my clients and the other 5% being in my opinion Scam artists.... the bank still retains my funds to-date.

Are you saying you have been paying back WBX clients?  Because I paid them back too, using the BTC from the WBX cold wallet.  I posted in this thread regularly about my progress towards refunding your clients.  Does this mean that some lucky WBX clients got paid back twice?

From day 1 the bitcoin was always secured by Chris (dooglus) both online and offline for security reasons and i can honestly say and chris will back this up.....i had no control over where it was stored (i only knew the address it was stored under) even to the point of not having access to withdraw the BTC, (as you are all aware of) once i had all AUD seized from me by the bank i became increasingly worried for the BTC that Chris would run off with the funds, so i requested the BTC back on several occasion even to the point of threatening him.

I don't remember you threatening me at all.  You suggested that I should take care of the cold wallet since you didn't have a way of keeping it safe, and I agreed to.  When you shut down the exchange and vanished I took it upon myself to make sure your clients were paid back.  You agreed that I should do that too. I'm surprised that you now say that you have also been paying them back.  I'm pretty sure that you had access to the online coins at all times.  The hot wallet was on the website. That was an account you signed up for and maintained control of, even to the point of locking me out of it eventually.

A few weeks ago i reached out to Chris to help with the exchange again and had no reply? also apologizing to him with no reply?

I'm sorry.  That was a little rude of me. I'm not interested in working with you again. At the time I was trying my best to ensure a fair refund to the clients you left high and dry I attempted to contact you many times and got no reply.  You answered none of my enquiries about specific uncredited deposits or unpaid withdrawals.

Then, to see you raise your head again after more than a year of silence, calling me "Doug", and asking me to help you get the exchange back up and running was pretty unbelievable. I decided to go with the old advice that if you don't have anything nice to say then say nothing at all.

I just received an email from a stranger asking me about you:

Quote
I hate to impose but we've never met, I found you on one of the bitcoin forums. I was wondering if you could give me a summary of where Worldbitcoinexchange aka WBX stands at the moment? Has Andre paid all of his customers and has the owner of this site been a part of any fraud?

The reason I ask is because I was about to contact him in relation to a business proposal, but I don't want to deal with an individual that has burnt either his customers or previous business associates, seeing as though you seem genuine and have worked with andre in the past, what is your recommendation?

The stress and pressure of cleaning up the mess after you went to ground was something I'd choose never to repeat.  I don't really know how to reply as I've no idea whether you were part of any fraud or not.  I've seen no evidence that your bank accounts were frozen.  It could be that the banks ripped you off, or that you ripped your clients off.

Andre Jensen (World Bitcoin Exchange)
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 102



View Profile WWW
April 02, 2014, 09:40:14 PM
 #445

Andre despite your very poor "support" I still used your exchange because *I wanted to try and see how this might work out* (and I was accused later by *goat* of somehow being your "partner in crime").

I lost money from an AUD deposit that never *appeared* (around the time your business was failing) and never complained as I managed to convince my own bank to *refund* me (it helps when you have had a long term relationship with your bank).

You have *burned your bridges* here a long time ago and I think it would just be best to "let the past be the past" and *move on* (the rest of us have I think).

(btw - I think MPOE-PR got perma-banned so you probably don't need to worry about "it")


I can officially say you were not involved with my company or in any way associated with me at any time.

Fair enough, i can agree i have stuffed up and will move on but i wont stop in promoting bitcoin.

Thanks
Andre
Ron~Popeil
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 364


View Profile
April 03, 2014, 06:16:15 AM
 #446

Andre despite your very poor "support" I still used your exchange because *I wanted to try and see how this might work out* (and I was accused later by *goat* of somehow being your "partner in crime").

I lost money from an AUD deposit that never *appeared* (around the time your business was failing) and never complained as I managed to convince my own bank to *refund* me (it helps when you have had a long term relationship with your bank).

You have *burned your bridges* here a long time ago and I think it would just be best to "let the past be the past" and *move on* (the rest of us have I think).

(btw - I think MPOE-PR got perma-banned so you probably don't need to worry about "it")


I can officially say you were not involved with my company or in any way associated with me at any time.

Fair enough, i can agree i have stuffed up and will move on but i wont stop in promoting bitcoin.

Thanks
Andre

Wow. You should only be promoting illegal card games in a jail cell. Bitcoin does not need promotion from people like yourself.
sonba
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 395


View Profile
April 03, 2014, 08:15:24 PM
 #447

I've Spent the last 2-3 years paying back clients working 2 jobs and running a security business and to date ive paid back 95% of outstanding AUD accounts to my clients and the other 5% being in my opinion Scam artists.... the bank still retains my funds to-date. 
I was registered at WBX, you have the scan of my national ID card, I never received any outstanding AUD wires, you did not reply to my mails. I'm a respected member of this forum, noone ever accused me of scamming, I offered any document you could possible need. (Offer still valid)
I did not receive any AUD from you, so let me say it diplomatically: I have doubts on the above statement.
Andre Jensen (World Bitcoin Exchange)
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 102



View Profile WWW
April 06, 2014, 11:36:20 PM
 #448

I've Spent the last 2-3 years paying back clients working 2 jobs and running a security business and to date ive paid back 95% of outstanding AUD accounts to my clients and the other 5% being in my opinion Scam artists.... the bank still retains my funds to-date. 
I was registered at WBX, you have the scan of my national ID card, I never received any outstanding AUD wires, you did not reply to my mails. I'm a respected member of this forum, noone ever accused me of scamming, I offered any document you could possible need. (Offer still valid)
I did not receive any AUD from you, so let me say it diplomatically: I have doubts on the above statement.

Still waiting for your ID?
sonba
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 395


View Profile
April 08, 2014, 08:31:01 PM
 #449

sent
mOomOo
Jr. Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 43


View Profile
April 22, 2014, 11:57:40 AM
 #450

Address to All WBX and bitcoin supporters.

I would like to start by saying "I'm very sorry for not communicating on the forums" simply because i was instructed not to by my "lawyers", yes i will admit it has been over 2 1/2 years since the site went down and i was robbed by my bank (at the time) i would like to take this opportunity to set a few things straight.
<End Trim......>

Anyone else notice this was posted on the morning of April 1st...  Really nice way to try to make all the people you scammed feel warm and fuzzy...

Andre you state that you have been paying people's money back?   Has anyone actually received any of it?    No one has posted on here about you contacting them to try to give money back    (For the record I had only a very small amount that went missing.  All thanks to Dooglus and his fairness and honesty!)
Dabs
Staff
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1568


64blocks.com


View Profile WWW
May 17, 2014, 03:08:46 AM
 #451

I've read this before, but I missed something, dooglus, you made the exchange?

64blocks.com Social Multiplayer Dice (Gambling) - Escrow Service (Services) - GPG ID: 32AD7565, OTC ID: Dabs
All messages concerning escrow or with bitcoin addresses are GPG signed. Please verify.
CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional, MCSA: Windows 10; Windows Server 2012, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure; Productivity; Messaging
dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2044



View Profile
May 17, 2014, 04:33:52 AM
 #452

I've read this before, but I missed something, dooglus, you made the exchange?

I took the existing open source intersango exchange software that britcoin (which later was rebranded as 'Intersango') was running on, changed the colours, made a bunch of other changes, and installed it on Andre's web server.

So depending on your definition of "made" I guess that's either a 'yes' or a 'no'...

Dabs
Staff
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1568


64blocks.com


View Profile WWW
May 20, 2014, 01:23:09 PM
 #453

LOL. Ok, sounds good and fair enough to me. "Maybe" you made the exchange. Would that kind of exchange still work?

64blocks.com Social Multiplayer Dice (Gambling) - Escrow Service (Services) - GPG ID: 32AD7565, OTC ID: Dabs
All messages concerning escrow or with bitcoin addresses are GPG signed. Please verify.
CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional, MCSA: Windows 10; Windows Server 2012, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure; Productivity; Messaging
dooglus
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 2044



View Profile
May 21, 2014, 03:42:55 AM
 #454

LOL. Ok, sounds good and fair enough to me. "Maybe" you made the exchange. Would that kind of exchange still work?

The software is pretty basic, but it works.

The tricky bit is how to accept and pay out fiat money when the banks and the scammers are both against you.

Dabs
Staff
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1568


64blocks.com


View Profile WWW
May 21, 2014, 06:00:19 AM
 #455

LOL. Ok, sounds good and fair enough to me. "Maybe" you made the exchange. Would that kind of exchange still work?

The software is pretty basic, but it works.

The tricky bit is how to accept and pay out fiat money when the banks and the scammers are both against you.

I'm guessing that part is done manually. I wonder if I want to do that..... That would mean I'm at the bank every day, or always looking at my accounts. In theory, I should make money since the exchange keeps all the exchange fees. Any bank fees are paid by the client. Unlike games against the house, there is no variance, it's a straight percentage of the trading volume.

Doog, I'll send you a PM, about something else.

64blocks.com Social Multiplayer Dice (Gambling) - Escrow Service (Services) - GPG ID: 32AD7565, OTC ID: Dabs
All messages concerning escrow or with bitcoin addresses are GPG signed. Please verify.
CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified Professional, MCSA: Windows 10; Windows Server 2012, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure; Productivity; Messaging
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!