Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:07:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kevin Rose and Philip Rosedale Discuss Bitcoin  (Read 811 times)
serenitys (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 101

Be Here Now

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:37:45 AM

Just watched this - bitcoin chat comes 20 minutes in but it's otherwise a pretty neat idea. I <3 Philip Rosedale's vision and have been keeping up with what he's got going on. This video's from 2011 so it's interesting to hear them speak of bitcoin back then and look at where things are today.

http://www.btcnn.com/2011/08/kevin-rose-and-philip-rosedale-discuss.html

I wonder if Philip is one of the names on the accidentally leaked list of people called to the auction. Wouldn't surprise me and he's definitely a pioneer with virtual currencies.

You say "anti government" like that's a bad thing...

Unfortunate times will bring out the best in good people and the worst in bad people
MyPotPlantDied

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:41:17 AM

I can't remember where but somewhere I read that Rose is a big supporter of Peercoin.

The Screensavers forever!!
PalmerLaura

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

IPSX: Distributed Network Layer

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:02:38 PM

Neither inflation nor deflation is necessarily bad. What is bad is when the supply or demand for money changes very quickly. The solution to such a quick change is speculation.
On another note, I think one will be fine if one doesn't have their sole income coming from Bitcoin transactions. Diversification in income, as well as what currency you accept payments in, is always a good idea.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: