Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:07:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][XMR] monero.crypto-pool.fr | Large Monero Mining Pool  (Read 126322 times)
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 05:31:57 AM

Can we increase the minimum threshold payment its starting to be expensive all these small payment with .1 fees!

We pay the 0.1 XMR fee from the pool to your wallet.
As a pool, we can pay over 100 people in one transaction with the same 0.1 fee.

If you are worried about sending from your wallet to the exchange, you can wait to have more XMR on your wallet or simply wait for the devs to lower the fees.

Are there any plans to allow direct payments to exchanges like Poloniex?
superresistant (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:35:46 AM

Can we increase the minimum threshold payment its starting to be expensive all these small payment with .1 fees!
If you are worried about sending from your wallet to the exchange, you can wait to have more XMR on your wallet or simply wait for the devs to lower the fees.

We thought about it long ago but we didn't do it because it is a big risk.
It means that the server will hold a LOT of money. Any place with money become the target of hackers.
Right now we pay every hours so there is not enough money to be worth attacking the wallet.

Do you guys want to take the risk ?
OrientA

Activity: 462

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 08:50:28 AM

It means that the server will hold a LOT of money. Any place with money become the target of hackers.
Right now we pay every hours so there is not enough money to be worth attacking the wallet.

Payment every 3 hours is good.
Hotmetal

View Profile
September 16, 2014, 10:36:39 AM

I know I personally would as having to create / manage all these wallets are a pain.
onetwentyfive

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 17, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

anyone else having problems connecting to the pool?

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║            Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner  v3.3 Beta            ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
64-bit version
CPU supports AES-NI - faster mining!
Logical CPU cores: 8
Using 5 threads
scfg: 1
FAST MODE ENABLED!
2 pools specified.
Stratum - connecting to 'xmr.crypto-pool.fr' <212.129.46.59> port 7777
Stratum - Cannot connect  to xmr.crypto-pool.fr port 7777
DevFee: Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
Stratum - Failed to connect, retry in 20 sec...
Stratum - connecting to '127.0.0.1' <127.0.0.1> port 5555
Stratum - Connected
Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

I cannot connect to xmr.hashinvest.net either. Normally that would make me say it's me of course, but I can connect and submit shares at mine.moneropool.org

HashInvest website is down as well, coincidence? it couldn't be related, could it?  Sad
onetwentyfive

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 01:06:51 AM

anyone else having problems connecting to the pool?

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
║            Claymore CryptoNote CPU Miner  v3.3 Beta            ║
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝
64-bit version
CPU supports AES-NI - faster mining!
Logical CPU cores: 8
Using 5 threads
scfg: 1
FAST MODE ENABLED!
2 pools specified.
Stratum - connecting to '127.0.0.1' <127.0.0.1> port 5555
Stratum - Connected
Job timeout, disconnect, retry in 20 sec...

I cannot connect to xmr.hashinvest.net either. Normally that would make me say it's me of course, but I can connect and submit shares at mine.moneropool.org

HashInvest website is down as well, coincidence? it couldn't be related, could it?  Sad

aaaand now it's working, nothing done differently... derp  Tongue
Hotmetal

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 01:49:40 PM

Anyone know what on earth is going on with the pool? The network pool hash rate is 3.5 MH/sec where it normally sits over 6 MH/s.
Normally my hash rate is around 17 KH/s where its now sitting on 12 KH/s. Whats going on?
superresistant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:01:42 PM

Anyone know what on earth is going on with the pool? The network pool hash rate is 3.5 MH/sec where it normally sits over 6 MH/s.
Normally my hash rate is around 17 KH/s where its now sitting on 12 KH/s. Whats going on?

It's been at 6MH and over temporally because we were doing some testing with a Chinese that has a very big RIG.

It is a little lower than other days because of the low price of XMR/BTC added with the low price of USD/BTC.
Some RIG are automated to shutdown when mining is not profitable and go back online when it is.

Your hashrate is only an estimate. It goes up and down all the time. It only matter how many XMR you get at the end of the day.
As the global hashrate of Monero is less that some days ago, it is a good time to mine and hold.
OrientA

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:15:45 PM

It's been at 6MH and over temporally because we were doing some testing with a Chinese that has a very big RIG.

How big is the rig (hash rat)? Is it a FPGA?
superresistant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 02:47:42 PM

There is no FPGA for Monero, only CPU and GPU.
He has about 3.5 - 4 MH.
I know... crazy.
OrientA

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:02:46 PM

He has about 3.5 - 4 MH.
I know... crazy.

So that is not 1 rig, but a farm?
superresistant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 03:06:44 PM

He has about 3.5 - 4 MH.
I know... crazy.
So that is not 1 rig, but a farm?

Yes sorry I mean a farm. A big farm.
Hotmetal

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 05:17:41 PM

Your hashrate is only an estimate. It goes up and down all the time. It only matter how many XMR you get at the end of the day.
As the global hashrate of Monero is less that some days ago, it is a good time to mine and hold.

If I switch my dev farm to http://dwarfpool.com  I get over > 17 khs. If i switch it back to monero.crypto-pool.f, 12 khs. It normally sits around 17khs for your pool.
I do understand that its an estimate, but that is a BIG difference.
superresistant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 08:38:24 PM

If I switch my dev farm to http://dwarfpool.com  I get over > 17 khs. If i switch it back to monero.crypto-pool.f, 12 khs. It normally sits around 17khs for your pool.

I already noticed that hash is different depending on the pool, the time you mine and also your distance (ping) from the pool.
But you're right, this difference is too big in your case. Could you please mine at different pools and report me the hash you get via PM ?
Is there still a difference right now ?

OrientA

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:30:43 AM

I already noticed that hash is different depending on the pool, the time you mine and also your distance (ping) from the pool.
But you're right, this difference is too big in your case. Could you please mine at different pools and report me the hash you get via PM ?

I use dwarf pool, for a day or two, the displayed hash rate is about 20% lower than usual. The mined XMR is also lower. My rigs are the same. It has recovered now.
superresistant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 07:43:01 AM

I use dwarf pool, for a day or two, the displayed hash rate is about 20% lower than usual. The mined XMR is also lower. My rigs are the same. It has recovered now.

Thx for the info.
The luck is unpredictable and instable, therefore a pool efficiency vary from a day to an other.
I don't have anything against other pool but what strike me is that DwarfPool claim to be very transparent but doesn't display the efficiency and not even the luck... so how do users compare ?

The only real measure for you miners is how much Monero you get per 24h. The other stats doesn't mean much IMO.
Hotmetal

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:37:44 AM

The luck is unpredictable and instable, therefore a pool efficiency vary from a day to an other.
I don't have anything against other pool but what strike me is that DwarfPool claim to be very transparent but doesn't display the efficiency and not even the luck... so how do users compare ?

The only real measure for you miners is how much Monero you get per 24h. The other stats doesn't mean much IMO.

I'll let it sit for a few days to have a fair comparison. The one thing that i found interesting @ http://dwarfpool.com/xmr
You can determine your rigs separately for better vardiff, lower rejects and detailed statistic. Use username with any number (integer, any random number): WALLET . WORKER-ID

So I've done that and mined directly to the exchange (walletaddress.paymentid.workernumber).
Personally I like using monero.crypto-pool.fr and I was wondering if there's a roadmap of features you have planned.
superresistant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:29:24 PM

So I've done that and mined directly to the exchange (walletaddress.paymentid.workernumber).
Personally I like using monero.crypto-pool.fr and I was wondering if there's a roadmap of features you have planned.

We've been talking about the deposit function a bit earlier in the thread.

Concerning new features, feel free to request via PM and we'll ask here if other miners want it too.
Apart from the deposit on mining exchange, I haven't been asked much so I guess the majority of people are satisfied.

Hotmetal

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 03:24:47 PM

We've been talking about the deposit function a bit earlier in the thread.

Concerning new features, feel free to request via PM and we'll ask here if other miners want it too.
Apart from the deposit on mining exchange, I haven't been asked much so I guess the majority of people are satisfied.

Well.. If you check http://dwarfpool.com/xmr, you can see ~40% of the "big boys" are mining direct to an exchange.
Personally, I'd love that feature as I don't have to a) pay for the first payout, and b) pay again to get it into the exchange to trade.
When 10 XMR has been mined, it gets deposited.

Some things:

* Port 3333 starting difficulty dropped to 5000 (or even less). I have some older (non-AES cpu) machines that chug away.
 * Support for XMRADDR.PAYMENTID.WORKERID so that I can keep track of how they are performing
 * -p used for email address so that we can get notifications if a machine has not sent any shares in X minutes (you decide what is "sane").
 * The English fixed on the banner up top that cycles through features etc (correct grammer etc. It seems english isnt a first language so I'll gladly help. If you need some, PM me)

superresistant (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:06:28 PM

Well.. If you check http://dwarfpool.com/xmr, you can see ~40% of the "big boys" are mining direct to an exchange.
Personally, I'd love that feature as I don't have to a) pay for the first payout, and b) pay again to get it into the exchange to trade.
When 10 XMR has been mined, it gets deposited.
Some things:
 * Port 3333 starting difficulty dropped to 5000 (or even less). I have some older (non-AES cpu) machines that chug away.
 * Support for XMRADDR.PAYMENTID.WORKERID so that I can keep track of how they are performing
 * -p used for email address so that we can get notifications if a machine has not sent any shares in X minutes (you decide what is "sane").
 * The English fixed on the banner up top that cycles through features etc (correct grammer etc. It seems english isnt a first language so I'll gladly help. If you need some, PM me)

That's good suggestions.
We could do all of them but I don't know yet how long it would take.
I need to prioritize. I'll keep you updated.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »
  Print  

Jump to: