Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been hacked, and now I'm screwed (Can anyone help with a loan?)  (Read 12834 times)
DobZombie (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:10:39 PM
Last edit: September 21, 2014, 11:13:00 AM by DobZombie

Kind words & Support have come flooding in!
So far Noella & I have received as a loan...
nwfella BTC0.02 @ 0% Interest (thx buddy Smiley) Paidback!
bigtimespaghetti BTC0.11661 @ 0% Interest (Love ya work!    Shocked) Paidback!
wttbs BTC0.30 @ 0% Interest & a BTC0.05 (You're too generous  Grin) Paidback Pt I & Paidback Pt II
eternalgloom BTC0.50 @ 0% Interest (I could kiss you on the mouth!  Grin) Paidback!
hodlmybtc BTC0.10 @ 0% Interest (Thanks Mate! Grin) Paidback!
jonald_fyookball BTC0.50 @ 0% Interest (You're a bloody legend!   Tongue) Paidback!
elianite BTC0.30 @ 0% Interest (Much love to you mate  Shocked) Paidback!
carpetbagger BTC0.10 @ 0% Interest (you the man! Smiley) Paidback!
guigui371 BTC0.25 & only payback US$100 and a honeymoon pic (This one made me cry   Smiley Cry) Paidback!

odi BTC10 @ 0% Interest & 0.25 wedding gift( Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked)

These will all be paid most likely within 4 months. 6 months GUARANTEED.
others have donated will be named only if they want to be.
Fuserleer BTC1 donated (SO GOD DAMN GENEROUS!)
TookDk BTC0.02&BTC0.02 donated (Cheers bud  Cheesy)
bigtimespaghetti& squall Sorted BTC0.1 via mis-strikes.  Thanks fellas!  Grin Grin

wttbs organised a mining pool to add to the donations. The generosity you guys have shown is beyond ridiculous.  I can't help but feel a swollen heart!
http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17uWCajedEVHJgds2Fzm752By1YVG4wPN2

If I've missed anyone please let me know. It's not because I've forgotten you, it's because I probably forgot to press 'post' again Tongue

THE MUSEUM HAS BEEN SAVED!  THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP GUYS!!!
===================================================
Hi Guys.

I just went and checked the armory wallet on my "secure" computer and noticed that it's ALL GONE. I got no idea how they got into my system. I hadn't even touched that wallet for a few days. Everything got transferred into the following addresses...

https://blockchain.info/address/1EUYvbiwWL6CTmCWhHFUd2vyUwsKjDTMTN
to
https://blockchain.info/address/1C33HsXyEDtd2wCJWT3X1G3x5RKbukQydB
etc

I lost about BTC14 and it's still there. Looking at the amounts transferred, each armory wallet was rounded to 2 digits and transferred by hand. Leaving me with $5 in each wallet.

On a side note, they managed to compromise my Bitcoin Museum about an hour before they transferred everything.  I think my service provider caught everything changed, but I've been restoring everything for the last few days.

So fucking upset right now  Undecided

That bitcoin was going to pay for my Wedding (on the 19th of July) and the subsequent Honeymoon a few days afterwards.

It's been a pretty shitty couple of years for me. This is just the icing on the cake. Lips sealed

• January 2013 - We got a loan to get IVF. We have been trying to have a baby for 5 years beforehand.  The procedure cost AUD$15,000.  Then the embryo was implanted.
  • February 2014 - Noella's boss stressed her out until we lost the baby, and then fired her.  He pretended to help her find other work until the 2 week wrongful termination statute ran out. Then he kicked her to the kerb and told her he'd make sure she'd not find work in town again, and he'd pressure my boss to fire me.  This guy is a fucking arsehole. Living in a small town centered around tourism and hospitality, and he's got his fingers in many pies.
  • March 2013 - I then started to get bullied by my boss (who is mates with Noella's old boss). I'd previously gotten several employee awards and Employee of the Month awards, so I was confused as to why I was getting harassed. I'm able to tough it out anyway.
  • May 2013 - Noella was finally able to find work in the one place in town her old boss didn't have influence. An adult shop. Not the ideal place to work. But, a job is a job.
  • We managed to get by. I was only just able to keep working even though a spine and bone disease that was making it more and more painful to work.
  • April 2014 - Noella gets a chest infection and is fired from her job when she goes to Hospital after she develops Pneumonia. She has no recourse as she was getting paid cash in hand (she's not on the books)
  • May 2014 - My bone issue has gotten to a point where I'm no longer able to work 50hrs per week. I've had to cut it down to 32hrs a week, and that is only possible with the help of Mr Tramadol and Miss Lyrica. I have to use my walking stick more often. I'm only 32 for God's sake!!
On the funny side my mates call me Dr House now Tongue I'm only brave enough to use the stick at home.

Fastforward to now and I thought I had just enough savings to get us through to the wedding and honeymoon.  I've been slowly saving since early last year for this wedding, but I keep getting scammed.
I lost money with Thydra13's group buy (BTC30)
I lost money to WeXchange (BTC10)
I lost BTC2 to another scammer (Darktongue)
I made a total of BTC6 from selling BitcoinNerd items on my Museum page over the last 2 years. That's all gone!

This was the last straw. I'm now fucked.  I'd only just transferred a 95% of my savings out of cold wallets to turn into fiat this week to pay for the last of the wedding/honeymoon. So badly timed.  Sad

The wedding is/was only a cheap one. None of my parents can afford to help since Dad got lymphoma. The mrs really really wanted to go to Disneyland on our honeymoon. I wanted to finally meet my friend Mike. Mike also lives in California, so it's lucky him and Disneyland are in the same state. Mike is the man I donated bone marrow to in 2007. He had Leukaemia, but now he's okay. We've been dying to meet ever since we sought each other out.
Here's a link to my facebook album incase you think I'm bullshitting you.

Here is a picture for verification (Please excuse the face I'm pulling. I wasn't awake very long, at work, and still upset about what happened last night)

To be honest trying another round of IVF would probably be a smarter option, but I really wanted to see America just once before I lose the ability to stand up straight. I still REALLY want children, but I'm forced to choose.

I know this is in the wrong sub-forum, but I need to get this out there in the hopes somebody is able to provide me a loan for the amount I lost.
I don't want pity
I don't want donations

I just need a loan from someone. Somebody I can pay back over the course of up to 6 months. With interest of course.

I'm REALLY hoping there is someone out there who can help.  I DREAD telling Noella what happened. In fact, I'm scared. I'm not sure how I'm going to break it to her.

I don't know what else to do guys Cry

EDIT: I've changed my forum BTC address to a wallet that I know is secure. 17uWCajedEVHJgds2Fzm752By1YVG4wPN2
That 1DobZombie address took me 3 weeks to mine with vanitygen Tongue

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:17:27 PM

cold wallet is :
- using bitcoin-core (bitcoin-qt)
- save 3 times the file
- shutdown and don't use it

in my test, only this software can be use as a real and sure (even when update) on long period of time.
i have tested other bitcoin software and the whole android offer ... when they update, it's a problem (after 6 months when you must retrieve an old cold storage format file).

bitcoin-core don't have this problem.
i hold my retraitment in bitcoin -moved from my bank account-
DobZombie (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:22:18 PM

It's not the cold wallet that was compromised, it was my laptop.

doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 12:23:28 PM

Where in QLD are you?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:25:19 PM

mac or PC ?
bizzel

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:31:42 PM

Sure internet stranger, I'll send you 14BTC let me just grab my wallet real quick  Grin

In all seriousness, this sucks. It seems like you have quite a history on this forum so I hope someone's able to help you. 14 BTC is a lot though..
DobZombie (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 12:54:16 PM

mac or PC ?

PC

Where in QLD are you?

Airlie Beach

Also, the soon-to-be-wife used to work for airliebeach.com
Feel free to bomb that prick's facebook page.

noellajean

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 12:58:29 PM

he's just told me...very upsetting

Cry
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 12:58:51 PM

Was your wallet encrypted? You should first find out how this happened to prevent it from happening again.
It's a very sad story.
I guess if 140 of us donated 0.1 (which is not a big amount) we could help you with your wedding.  Wink

Also try keeping track of the coins.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AD_Infinitum

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:03:43 PM

That just doesn't make sense! You're using an OFFLINE computer with Armory and your Bitcoins were stolen?
Could you elaborate on that? What security measures do you use? Who have an access to your offline computer?
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:12:25 PM

That just doesn't make sense! You're using an OFFLINE computer with Armory and your Bitcoins were stolen?
Could you elaborate on that? What security measures do you use? Who have an access to your offline computer?

He didn't say it's offline, he said it was "secure".

Also, out of topic: Noella, update your website girl: Current Bitcoin Price $133.35   <------ I would love to buy a couple of hundreds of them at that price  Grin
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:18:32 PM

did you install doge-miner or some shit like that? most people who think they have a secure pc also have alot of very shitty stuff on that pc and dont understand that.
to be secure you should install nothing but a firewall, antivirus and bitcoinQT. also i would recommend to have the wallet encrypted and offline.

eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:18:39 PM

He didn't say it's offline, he said it was "secure".

In terms of Armory, offline is secure.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:23:16 PM

Secure when you're talking about hacking, yes. Secure overall? Not really.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ljudotina
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1029

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:27:24 PM

I'm sorry to hear that, but with so much money, you should have known that ONLY secure is offline. Armory, or anything else...O F F L I N E. If community decides to help, ill throw some your way..not much as i dont have much, but still...

S4VV4S

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:28:06 PM

did you install doge-miner or some shit like that? most people who think they have a secure pc also have alot of very shitty stuff on that pc and dont understand that.
to be secure you should install nothing but a firewall, antivirus and bitcoinQT. also i would recommend to have the wallet encrypted and offline.

^^^ This.

Also, store your wallet on an encrypted drive and ALWAYS make sure that there are no other services or programs running in the background.
You have mentioned PC so you can easily check that through the task manager Wink

EDIT: That being said, do it now. Use the task manager to check what services and programs are running.
DobZombie (OP)

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:33:27 PM

Yeah it was what I thought was a secure computer.

I just figured out what happened.

On my pc, my team viewer was compromised. I hadn't changed the password after the heart bleed bug happened. Or someone may have gotten the password when the forums got hacked.

The log says someone logged in and downloaded every file or folder that says Bitcoin in it.

Then transferred a file that I've identified as a Trojan. I think I may have tracked it on to the secure pc.

Fucking fuck fuck dammit

eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:39:49 PM

Secure when you're talking about hacking, yes. Secure overall? Not really.

I'm not really sure what you mean. Would you mind elaborating?
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 01:42:35 PM

On my pc, my team viewer was compromised. I hadn't changed the password after the heart bleed bug happened. Or someone may have gotten the password when the forums got hacked.

The log says someone logged in and downloaded every file or folder that says Bitcoin in it.

Then transferred a file that I've identified as a Trojan. I think I may have tracked it on to the secure pc.

Fucking fuck fuck dammit
Secure computer with Teamviewer on it?  Roll Eyes
Setup a donation fund IMO.  Smiley

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 01:48:16 PM

Fucking fuck fuck dammit
Secure computer with Teamviewer on it?  Roll Eyes
Setup a donation fund IMOSmiley
He seems like a caring member of the community and has setup the Bitcoinmuseum showing he was in it for the long haul and his fiance has a shop that accepts BTC. I really hope he gets a decent ammount donated to him and it shows how much the community is willing to help one of their own.

I would say do a crowfunding campaign.
You got the goods (BTC memorabilia) and you are running out of time.

Setup a crowdfunding campaign and offer BTC memorabilia to those who participate.

Just a thought.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: