Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:13:45 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been hacked, and now I'm screwed (Can anyone help with a loan?)  (Read 12852 times)
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:11:28 PM

How do you know the OP is not just a scammer who stole the login/password and now is pulling on everyone's heart strings for handouts?  Or simply bought the account to scam people with?  If he had used Armory with an OFFLINE computer then he wouldn't have lost his BTC.  My BTC stays with me regardless of how many sob stories I see posted here.  These posts are so suspect-able.....
Beliathon

Activity: 784

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:15:47 PM

My BTC stays with me regardless of how many sob stories I see posted here.  These posts are so suspect-able.....
I really can't fathom why more people just don't keep their money on Coinbase...

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:24:50 PM

Very sorry to hear. Sad story and hope things get better for you guys soon!

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:27:10 PM

How do you know the OP is not just a scammer who stole the login/password and now is pulling on everyone's heart strings for handouts?  Or simply bought the account to scam people with?  If he had used Armory with an OFFLINE computer then he wouldn't have lost his BTC.  My BTC stays with me regardless of how many sob stories I see posted here.  These posts are so suspect-able.....

You don't and to me personally the story doesn't make sense.
However, it could be real so I will not make any comments on the subject yet.
bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:38:32 PM

On a side note, they managed to compromise my Bitcoin Museum about an hour before they transferred everything.  I think my service provider caught everything changed, but I've been restoring everything for the last few days.

Do you mean they got into your website?  In that case, every webserver has log files. This log files show the method of attack, IP addresses etc. It might provide some clues.
The log files are on different directories depending if you use Apache, NGinx, ISS etc;

There was a couple of Trojans. Also found them on my my pc. I may have tracked them to my laptop when I was downloading and installing files on both computers.
Your PC was not secure. You cannot randomly download software on a computer that stores around 8000$ worth of coins. Are the trojans still on the computer?  The one thing to do is find it. Then use a Hexeditor to see if you can find any information in the binary.

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:39:43 PM

Because his reputation precedes yours.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:48:01 PM

So does Bobsag3's and KnC's.

I don't see your point
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:58:17 PM

I don't see your point

Big problem with this community in the still early stages is that it is essentially the same as the old west in America. Ultimately pretty hard to trust ANYONE. 

If OP's story is true, then sorry to hear.

If not, things will catch up with you.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 03:59:04 PM

I don't see your point
Stop living a paranoid life, not everyone is a scammer you know.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:04:47 PM

I don't see your point

When someone claims tha their BTC have been stolen because of teamviewer and then say they had trojans it makes you wonder.
don't you think?

I have yet to get an answer of which trojans.

That being said, this is a rough community where everybody grabs the opportunity to fuck someone over - proven many times before.

SO, my question to you is:
Do you send your money blindfully to a stranger that does not provide valid evidence of theft?

Rep means jack shit.
We have seen how many reputable people screwed the community before.
Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:19:13 PM

I find that the inherent trust of a person is often related to the metallurgical content of the spoon that they were born with.

I'm guessing that you may have been born on a different side of the tracks then some of the rest of us Wink
Singlebyte

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:21:40 PM

How do you know the OP is not just a scammer who stole the login/password and now is pulling on everyone's heart strings for handouts?  Or simply bought the account to scam people with?  If he had used Armory with an OFFLINE computer then he wouldn't have lost his BTC.  My BTC stays with me regardless of how many sob stories I see posted here.  These posts are so suspect-able.....

I don't see your point

Go ahead and donate to him then.....Suckers born every minute.
Joe_Bauers

GCVMMWH

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:25:14 PM

@Singlebyte. Interesting avatar. Are you like... half a sith or something Wink
Singlebyte

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:37:27 PM

@Singlebyte. Interesting avatar. Are you like... half a sith or something Wink

LOL...just couldn't find any wings like yours!  Smiley
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:41:40 PM

Stories like these were you have had good security scare me Sad
I hope you find the person, hang them up by the genitals and let the vultures pick at them.
They are themselves vultures.
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:43:14 PM

Stories like these were you have had good security scare me Sad
I hope you find the person, hang them up by the genitals and let the vultures pick at them.
They are themselves vultures.

Vultures don't pick at themselves
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:46:02 PM

I have a strange feeling that we are about to find out that Andy's account has been hacked....
S4VV4S

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:54:26 PM

I also have a strange feeling that those coins are about to be mixed
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:56:44 PM

Instead of giving out loans or donations, why don't we just buy a shitload of stuff on his store?
He would be making profit and we would get something in return, so no chance of being scammed. (Not that I don't believe him)

If he has enough stock of course.

S4VV4S

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:58:36 PM

Instead of giving out loans or donations, why don't we just buy a shitload of stuff on his store?
He would be making profit and we would get something in return, so no chance of being scammed. (Not that I don't believe him)

If he has enough stock of course.

How about Andy provides valid evidence of his claim and we just donate?
I wouldn't mind....   

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: