Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:51:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The New Hype! Reviving Old Coins! Give me your best Candidates!  (Read 824 times)
Geenstijl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:22:38 PM

Which coin will be the next community take-over???

New trend is to redevelop a dying (already dead) coin. Smart developers dont use premines or IPO's, they just buy themselves into dying coins at extremely low levels and then announce their new plans! Great!

Its basically the same as a premine, but much better. Do not get me wrong, i really like this approach. It gives back value to the die-hard bagholders! Besides the developers do not have to worry about getting added to exchanges, as they are already there Smiley! Pretty Smart Thinking!

I think I do not have to give any examples as they are more than obvious and i do not want to FUD any specific coin.

But which one will be next?

My guesses:

RomanCoin
PioneerCoin

Keep an eye on those volumes, before you know it the announcement is out!

Please share your candidates! X11 or X13 algorythms only.
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:26:29 PM

<Insert name of Random ShitCoin with no future here>

~CfA~

darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:27:07 PM

None, all those old coins like Yacoin, IXCoin, BBQCoin, etc deserve to stay Un revived. They suck ass, that's why theres no point in reviving them.
Geenstijl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:31:06 PM

Not the old coins, the new coins with the new algorithms but that have already died... .

Just look at Voot. It was dead, but it got picked up and is being seriously redeveloped.
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:39:08 PM

Ya know, I'm with the OP on this.  It eliminates premine and also eliminates the creation of new coins with no purpose.  Reduce, reuse, & recycle, right?

Honestly, I would imagine it would take a bit more work to revive a seemingly dead coin because you have the uphill battle of changing perception and retooling whatever needs to be done.  Then there's the issue with marketing the same brand under new ownership.  But still, it should at least be seen as a healthy alternative to the development of a new coin with no function.
Geenstijl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 03:46:03 PM

Ya know, I'm with the OP on this.  It eliminates premine and also eliminates the creation of new coins with no purpose.  Reduce, reuse, & recycle, right?

Honestly, I would imagine it would take a bit more work to revive a seemingly dead coin because you have the uphill battle of changing perception and retooling whatever needs to be done.  Then there's the issue with marketing the same brand under new ownership.  But still, it should at least be seen as a healthy alternative to the development of a new coin with no function.

Just add the word: Anonymous
Instamatic

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:48:04 PM

I always wanted to see GPUCoin (GPUC) take off.  The concept was unique and created value at the time.  Now that GPU mining is on the decline it's probably less feasible and you're still tied to that name.  Maybe if it was called MinerCoin with the same concept of exchanging your mined coins for more mining hardware (or selling so that others could buy in).  Could've been done without a premine (not sure if it was) since the dev was running the online store.

I'll have to go see what's up with that coin now....I noticed it keeps getting votes on MintPal but that could just be some folks trying to get it listed so they can dump everything they have.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: