Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 04:35:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to learn more about bitcoin and doing business with it  (Read 777 times)
yesmeal (OP)

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:46:06 PM

You can say I'm a complete newbie to bitcoin. I don't know nothing about it other than that it's a form of currency. Can someone shed me some light on how to use it online (from setting up My wallet to buying bitcoins and eventually buying and selling other goods online, etc). Or does anyone have a website that explains all this in a dumb-downed version?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1528

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 05:48:49 PM

This one https://bitcoin.org/
helped me a lot when I had no idea. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask here.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:58:54 PM

As a start you may be interested in why bitcoin is so different and revolutionary. Unlike all other money, bitcoin has no central control. There is no bitcoin company, nor is the supply or distribution under the authority of any government. The price is a function of supply and demand, and no one knows what it will be tomorrow.
Bitcoin refers not only to the currency but also to the software that runs the bitcoin network. This distributed network routes transactions between users and not through central servers. So everyone who is a peer on the network is a customer and a bank. The network also handles distribution of new bitcoins by offering chances at a reward to anyone who wants to mine bitcoins.
I would suggest reading the "white paper" written by Satoshi Nakamoto. The link is in my signature at the bottom of this post.

-Cheers

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:31:21 PM

Check out youtube. It has some really good videos these days. Do not waste your time listening to the rants/personal opinion videos.
Unfortunately it is hard to this forum. Their is a tonne of good info but it is hidden in the with the garbage.
1 little tip is if you do want to search on here for a specific topic don't use the search bar.
Load up Google and do "topic you want to search for +bitcointalk"
Their is the trick you can do on Google for site: but I honestly can't remember right now and don't want to tell you the wrong thing and thus contribute to the garbage further.

You have a long journey ahead.

As someone else suggested go on bitcoin.org and have a read, select a wallet. Bitcoin-qt is the more popular but be aware downloading the blockchain can take a long long time, I haven't done it in a while but it was a couple of days on my slowish hard drives.. but if you have no bitcoins incoming its not that big an issue. Their are also light clients that do not use the entire blockchain, but you'll read about these as you, well start reading. At least if you download a client (even bitcoin-qt) you can have a look at the GUI, all though not much to look at after 5 or so minutes, kind of more fun if you have bitcoins to send/receive.

Happy reading and bitcoin'ing

bitsmichel

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:38:16 PM

Their is the trick you can do on Google for site: but I honestly can't remember right now and don't want to tell you the wrong thing and thus contribute to the garbage further.

Perhaps you mean: In the search bar  "question site:bitcointalk.org". It searches this forum using google

Balls

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 06:55:04 PM

I recommend using a blockchain.info wallet as your first one. Remember to set up two factor though. You can also find much help and information on this forum. J
CEG5952

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 07:17:30 PM

For playing around with, I also suggest setting up a Blockchain.info wallet. But an online wallet should not be used for storing most of your coins. For that, I suggest using a desktop wallet like QT, Electrum or Multibit and keeping it offline. And back up your wallets! Smiley

roslinpl
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 07:38:58 PM

You can say I'm a complete newbie to bitcoin. I don't know nothing about it other than that it's a form of currency. Can someone shed me some light on how to use it online (from setting up My wallet to buying bitcoins and eventually buying and selling other goods online, etc). Or does anyone have a website that explains all this in a dumb-downed version?

you should visit 1st Bitcoin Online Embassy! Try our first tutorial about blockchain.info.

Soon new guide will be released, and more interesting infos will be provided Smiley

www.btc-embassy.com    check links in my sigature below this post. Kind regards.

check it out:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=650179.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: