Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:15:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Karpeles back to living large in one of the most expensive apartments in Tokyo  (Read 10568 times)
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 12:51:53 AM

At least he was intelligent enough to run his scam operation in a country where he can screw all of you and get away with it unlike that idiot Trendon Shavers. If pirate had half a brain he would have taken all the Bitcoins and run to Panama.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 01:59:05 AM

This is definitely going into my best of Bitcoin trolling list.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:41:34 AM

At least he was intelligent enough to run his scam operation in a country where he can screw all of you and get away with it unlike that idiot Trendon Shavers. If pirate had half a brain he would have taken all the Bitcoins and run to Panama.

Trendon did kind of get away with it.

He got away with the crime not the money. That fat latte bellied hello kitty loving fucktard Karpeles got away with both.

fbueller

Activity: 412
Merit: 275

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:59:40 AM

He is one of the reasons Bitcoin is as big as it is today. Without a doubt.
Transaction malleability is still an issue that has yet to be fully addressed.
There are also likely plenty of legal issues here. US investigations into drug vendors on silk road is huge pressure to keep shut.

I think that a lot of people let themselves down in how they're reacting to Mark. He tweets, suddenly the world is writing articles, tweeting vitroil to him. Its just drama, which the Bitcoin following is more than happy to respond to. Get over it, get over yourselves, move on. Let this guy move on too.

Bitwasp Developer.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 09:09:14 AM

..... Wait a minute, why the fuck would you put a toilet in the main area right in front of a window? Are you sure this is a 'luxury' apartment? Tongue It even looks portable because I can see a cord coming from it, that said I see the usual assortment of granite surfaces and fancy tiles there, how weird.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:47:44 AM

He got away with the crime not the money. That fat latte bellied hello kitty loving fucktard Karpeles got away with both.

Yeah, I don't know if you all had seen the recent revelations from the SEC but Trendon actually managed to be a massive failure at being a thief. He should have had control on 200,000 btc after people withdrew 500k from the ponzi, but he only ended up cashing out ~150k usd, Meaning he lost so much day trading and through other means that he only managed to get out 75 cents per bitcoin. Which is laughable really.
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:56:25 AM

i'm sure that despite all that is happening, bitcoin will have a bright future in days to come.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:56:43 AM

is that a real toilet, in a real place?

Yes. It is a real toilet in a real place.  Grin

The picture was taken in the town of Sulphur Springs, Texas. I don't know whose idea was behind this toilet.  Grin

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/11/all-glass-bathrooms-debut-in-texas-town/
strombert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 07:50:00 PM

I think it's magic-color glass, so you HIDE YOUR ASS whilst shitting

nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 08:36:25 PM

You have sunk to a new low with these recent actions Mr. Karpeles.  Didn't think it was possible but you sir never cease to amaze.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
pr9me

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

Cryptsy.com • Got Shitcoins?

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 09:12:39 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 01:18:17 AM by pr9me

Is there some kind of sick symbolism going on here with the pictures he's posted lately on Twitter?

A sunset...
A deserted train station...
A volcano, that has been said could blow at any time...

Or is it that he really is just that detached from reality? Why does he continue to post from that Twitter acct? He must know that he is going to be trolled and harassed for the rest of his life. Or at least until the complete story comes to light, and he is either vindicated, or has big helping of justice served up to his fat ass. Be it lawfully... or otherwise.

Nice detective work OP!
Nathonas

Activity: 280

Knowledge is Power

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 09:38:35 PM

Mark Karpeles is laughing straight to the bank. And it does look like he will get away with it.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:30:14 PM

Yeah, I don't know if you all had seen the recent revelations from the SEC but Trendon actually managed to be a massive failure at being a thief. He should have had control on 200,000 btc after people withdrew 500k from the ponzi, but he only ended up cashing out ~150k usd, Meaning he lost so much day trading and through other means that he only managed to get out 75 cents per bitcoin. Which is laughable really.

Being a poor Texas hillbilly he probably thinks $150k is a fortune. I put twice that as a down on my last house in San Francisco. He's a fool.

Karpeles on the other hand is a professional thief. He has the history of a career criminal and no one noticed. I remember when he used to post on this forum. Everyone wanted to have his baby and was sloppy in love with him. It was easier to get away with robbing a bank than saying anything against MagicalTux.

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:18:20 AM

With the number of people he pissed off however, he will likely have to look over his shoulder for the rest of his life.

Lol... 5 guys lost more than BTC10,000 each. Another 90 or so lost BTC1,000 or more each. So we have a potential list of 95 people. God knows how many of them are Mexican mafia, NY Crime Families.etc.  Grin

Imagine what'll happen if Los Zetas are among the people / organizations who lost their money in Gox.

He will be put into a barrel full of oil and burned alive, I guess  Grin

An extra large barrel of course.

Truth is the new hatespeech.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:48:55 AM

Did you lose any money in mtgox?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:50:49 AM

Let me get this straight.   Internet bounty hunters go after people for as little as $20K being scammed.  Heck even Loan Sharks will chop off your foot over $500.    but. . .  hear me out. . . this Karpeles stole hundreds of millions, he's back at his old condo tower and he spends his entire day at Starbucks drinking Frappucinos and he's white & obese (whereas most people in Japan are skinny and Asian), Karpeles stands out in a crowd and nobody's touching him. Am I missing something here?

You forgot that he's apparently also having a good time at the brothel once in a while.

Saw him coming out of a soapland the other day. I was on my way somewhere so didn't have time to speak to him. He didn't seem to have a care in the world.

Soapland is a brothel.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/26g46e/the_willy_report_proof_of_massive_fraudulent/chqwhcv
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:56:23 AM

Yep, I did.

bananaControl

Activity: 322

Decentralize All The Things!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:02:37 AM

Yep, I did.

Wow, man. I feel really sorry for you. If I lost my current bitcoin holding to someone like him and afterwards could see him just enjoying life and tweeting about sunsets like he didn't give a fuck or had a care in life, I really don't know what I would do.
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:11:18 AM

Look at what pirate@40 did.. Hes not in jail. What Karpeles did was terrible. Im  lucky that I had less than a coin in my account. But hes going to hide behind corporations. Its unfortunate, but we can kiss our coins goodbye and probably wont see anything done to him. Guys like MK are smart, he knew the shit was hitting the fan when the us govt seized the 5million from his us bank accounts.. That should have been everyones clue that they were in trouble.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:13:18 AM

why, this guy, is not in jail ?
i don't understand the justice ...  Roll Eyes

I was expecting him to be arrested by now. There does not appear to be justice in this case.
Has anyone from here actually contacted the Japanese police to report his crimes?

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: