Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:07:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RE: Bitcoin Magazine  (Read 2130 times)
Jon (OP)
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:28:23 PM

As for Atlas saying we have bad customer service I would disagree. We have been following standard business practices that a 17 year old wouldn't understand since they have never held a real job.

I am proud to never have held a job. I don't need the parent/child relationship of an employer. In fact, I consider myself self-employed. I don't like to disclose this but my savings are quite significant and continue to be funded from various sources -- including Bitcoin. I will continue to refuse to work for anyone especially with my current situation.

PS. He still has sent nothing to the email address except just the receiving address. Not even a reply after all this mess in the forum. I . Business matters need to be dealt with through the proper channels and not on the forum.

This is called bureaucracy. There is no such thing as "business etiquette". In the private sector, it's whatever satisfies the customer and makes profit. If your pedantic procedures are working for you, so be it.

However, I think everyone will agree that refusing to send money to Goat's address despite not following your bureaucratic procedures is senseless.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:30:28 PM

rabble rabble
Your mommy feeds you money, so you don't need to work? Sounds legit.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Vicente

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:14:23 AM

This is called bureaucracy. There is no such thing as "business etiquette". In the private sector, it's whatever satisfies the customer and makes profit. If your pedantic procedures are working for you, so be it.

BitTalk Media is not private, it's a company. If they gave him a refund by his sloppy terms, they could be sued for the refund twice-over in court for not providing the correct documentation to prove the refund was given in the first place.

You hate laws. Good for you. You love business. Good for you. Start realizing that one always affects the other.
jwzguy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:21:04 AM

BitTalk Media is not private, it's a company. If they gave him a refund by his sloppy terms, they could be sued for the refund twice-over in court for not providing the correct documentation to prove the refund was given in the first place.

You hate laws. Good for you. You love business. Good for you. Start realizing that one always affects the other.

Doesn't the blockchain provide that documentation?
Vicente

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:41:45 AM

Doesn't the blockchain provide that documentation?

That's pretty naive to think the blockchain "would suffice" in a court of law with centuries of proven methods of contract law. The blockchain provides proof for hardcore bitcoiners, that's about it.
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:47:09 AM

I'll just note I was recently surprised by how fantastic customer service by someone involved with BTC Mag was. I made a comment in a thread about magazine subscriptions, someone thought to send me a PM asking me about my address to ensure the magazine'd go to where I am instead of where I was.
Vicente

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:48:43 AM

I'll just note I was recently surprised by how fantastic customer service by someone involved with BTC Mag was. I made a comment in a thread about magazine subscriptions, someone thought to send me a PM asking me about my address to ensure the magazine'd go to where I am instead of where I was.

I'll note too that that's pretty easy to do when there is not a legally binding refund for both private and professional work being negotiated. heh.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 12:14:14 AM

Atlas, you are a spoiled brat.. 

Saying that stuff out loud is nothing to be proud of.

People do not grow up until they find themselves working for a living, not sponging off their parents stupidity/love

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 12:41:12 AM

People do not grow up until they find themselves working for a living, not sponging off their parents stupidity/love

Work is just doing something that is valued. I am doing just that.

Sweat may or may not be a byproduct. In the end, all that matters is if people desire the products of your labor and what they are individually willing to pay.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 12:44:31 AM

Sweat may or may not be a byproduct. In the end, all that matters is if people desire it or not.
Have to agree with that.  Some people manage to live their entire life without working for another person (and also without living off the government or anyone else).
teflone

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:15:11 AM

Sweat may or may not be a byproduct. In the end, all that matters is if people desire it or not.
Have to agree with that.  Some people manage to live their entire life without working for another person (and also without living off the government or anyone else).

Like he has ever worked a real days wage in his life, he has no idea the worth of work, because he has all he needs supplied to him by whatever means, parents, gov. ect.  He "works" for extra play money at the arcade that mommy wont supply him

Atlas..

There will be a day when you look back at the constant spoiled rotten, Im better than everyone attitude you spew, and be utterly ashamed of how young, immature, spoiled brat you are/were.

You have so much growing up to do, you will find yourself in public spewing your so called knowledge, and someone will literally beat the shit out of you for hearing the insulting thoughts of yours.

Until then, you will never grow up, it will take a shit kicking for you to realize how pompous you are.

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:15:21 AM

I think a bitcoin magazine is an essential requirement for us to continue to grow as a community.
Jon (OP)
Donator

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:30:09 AM

Have to agree with that.  Some people manage to live their entire life without working for another person (and also without living off the government or anyone else).

Like he has ever worked a real days wage in his life, he has no idea the worth of work, because he has all he needs supplied to him by whatever means, parents, gov. ect.  He "works" for extra play money at the arcade that mommy wont supply him

Atlas..

There will be a day when you look back at the constant spoiled rotten, Im better than everyone attitude you spew, and be utterly ashamed of how young, immature, spoiled brat you are/were.

You have so much growing up to do, you will find yourself in public spewing your so called knowledge, and someone will literally beat the shit out of you for hearing the insulting thoughts of yours.

Until then, you will never grow up, it will take a shit kicking for you to realize how pompous you are.

Heh. I have never thought I'm better than anyone. I am just content.

Anyways, I'm off to go squirrel hunting.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 01:35:37 AM

Atlas..

Heh. I have never thought I'm better than anyone. I am just content.

Anyways, I'm off to go squirrel hunting.

Squirrels are a major problem in Texas: http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/squirrel/

teflone

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 01:53:03 AM

These are Canadian squirrels, they are vicious beasts they are nearly everywhere like squirrels and chipmunks in the US.

In my car, garbage, front porch, mailbox, library ... ect.

Something needs to be done, wish they had a program like that, here..

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 02:00:31 AM

These are Canadian squirrels, they are vicious beasts they are nearly everywhere like squirrels and chipmunks in the US.

In my car, garbage, front porch, mailbox, library ... ect.

Something needs to be done, wish they had a program like that, here..

You think you have it bad. Here in Illinois, you don't hunt squirrels, they...

teflone

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 02:07:52 AM

whatever.. we got them up here predicting (weather) early springs...

Childs play..

next...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 02:15:35 AM

whatever.. we got them up here predicting (weather) early springs...

Childs play..

next...

Well, you stole the damn idea from US!

teflone

View Profile
February 25, 2012, 02:26:49 AM

potatoe, potato..

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2012, 02:59:33 PM

Cute girls with their alpaca on covers of magazines will become the next-big-thing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: