Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:11:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Matthew N. Wright  (Read 6974 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 07:18:49 AM

As many of you know Matthew and I have had some issue on him providing work he has been paid for. Many reading this thread will find this interesting.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64961.0

Because Matthew will not talk with me (took me off skype and did not respond to the thread he asked me to make) I have been advised to make a thread with all of the related evidence so he will formally be labeled as a scammer. This I will do as soon as I am able to gather all of the evidence in a readable way.

I would like to make it clear that I am asking for a full refund on everything that I have paid for. Matthew has more than once stated he will give me a 50 BTC refund for the website but I would like a refund for the adverts and the mag as well.

Matthew has recently been banned from bitcointalk.org so I will update this thread as soon as any bitcoins are repaid to me or he does make contact with me.

Sorry for this bad news but I think it is best the community knows about this. He has had more than enough time to deal with this.

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:06:18 AM

As many of you know Matthew and I have had some issue on him providing work he has been paid for. Many reading this thread will find this interesting.

Because Matthew will not talk with me (took me off skype and did not respond to the thread he asked me to make) I have been advised to make a thread with all of the related evidence so he will formally be labeled as a scammer. This I will do as soon as I am able to gather all of the evidence in a readable way.

I would like to make it clear that I am asking for a full refund on everything that I have paid for. Matthew has more than once stated he will give me a 50 BTC refund for the website but I would like a refund for the adverts and the mag as well.

Matthew has recently been banned from bitcointalk.org so I will update this thread as soon as any bitcoins are repaid to me or he does make contact with me.

Sorry for this bad news but I think it is best the community knows about this. He has had more than enough time to deal with this.
Matthew has asked me to respond to your accusations here. 9 days ago, 14 February,  you were offered a full refund by Adam for both the ad and the website. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why you're stating otherwise.
Quote from: Adam Harding
[2/14/2012 12:17:43 PM] Hi Chaang,
I have been informed by Matthew that he will be refunding you for both the ad and the website. Please send an email to bittalk.tv@gmail.com with your desired receiving address for the refund to be processed to.

Vicente

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:10:24 AM

Matthew already pasted what really happened with about 10 pages of forum PM and Skype logs on https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64772.0 so I don't think your opinion really matters, neither does his. Just the logs themselves mattered and we've already all seen them.

Because Matthew will not talk with me (took me off skype and did not respond to the thread he asked me to make)
Matthew is not speaking to you directly because you are wasting his time now and borderline harassing him. He's already agreed to a full refund above and beyond what should be done, you have merely ignored every single attempt at instructions on how to get that refund and confused matters with your lack of English proficiency.

Since you have already agreed that by your own admission 2 weeks ago that you would rather not wait any longer for the very busy Matthew, he was going to provide you a refund for website design (even including hosting which is coming out of his pocket) and you agreed but never provided a refund address. It was at that time that out of good faith, Matthew even went in to your thread looking for a replacement and gave an outline of what you would need assistance with. He has also provided you with all information your new designer required. Since you have agreed not to be using Matthew for webdesign and have agreed to receive a refund, calling him a scammer because you have not provided a refund address to the individual you have been notified repeatedly is in charge of refunds is downright childish and reckless of you.

Matthew has told you numerous times (check your logs) that he was no longer in charge of customer/advertising accounts as it distracts him from working on the magazine and assigned that job to Adam Harding. Adam Harding handles all customer issues and refunds now.

He also made it clear that the last time you went to the forums without contacting him and made a statement to the tune of "Matthew took me for 100BTC! Be careful!" that he no longer had interest in working with you. The only reason he has patronized you to this point is because of his professional obligations at the magazine, which he is responsible for providing an advertisement for you.

After telling you about a refund, you made it clear on those Skype logs that you weren't interested in a refund, but then recently (in the past few days) decided suddenly that not only do you potentially want a refund for a private (non-magazine related) website work, you also want a refund for a magazine subscription that you purchased. This is totally fine, but Matthew does not handle those refunds-- Adam Harding does. Matthew also made it clear that he would not be processing those refunds personally as that is not his duty, job or right to do so any longer.

I have been advised to make a thread with all of the related evidence so he will formally be labeled as a scammer. This I will do as soon as I am able to gather all of the evidence in a readable way.
Matthew is not a scammer and he has already provided the community with more than enough evidence as to what happened. The issue right now is that you refuse to talk to Adam Harding who contacted you directly on February 14th, 2012 with the following message:

[2/14/2012 12:17:43 PM] Adam Harding: Hi Chaang,
I have been informed by Matthew that he will be refunding you for both the ad and the website. Please send an email to bittalk.tv@gmail.com with your desired receiving address for the refund to be processed to.

You have a contact email address provided by the person in charge of refunds and customer accounts, but in checking, you have never once contacted that email address for a refund. You then post on the magazine thread stating that you are pushing to have Matthew labeled as a scammer because you did not get a refund. This is the type of frustration Matthew has been facing with dealing with you from day one according to those Skype logs. You seem to be irrational, impatient, and constantly changing what you say. It won't be tolerated and I am sure no one wants anything more than just give you a refund and send you on your merry way with the lesson to not do business with people in the future who don't know what to expect.

It is completely your call on that one, but refunds will never be made by posting on this thread, no matter how childishly it's done. You'll need to contact the person in charge of customer and advertising accounts, Adam Harding.

Matthew will not be contacting you ever again. No one will ever be able to send you a refund either, as you have not even bothered to follow even the slightest instructions. Adam Harding can process your refund instantaneously upon request, all he needs is a bitcoin receiving address. Why are you posting slanderous allegations on the magazine thread that have absolutely nothing to do with the magazine? Isn't this issue about webhosting and design he was offering privately and then you later agreed to find a replacement because your initial approved terms of "whenever he has time" changed to "I need it right now because of an investor"? You have no leg to stand on here and this is all entirely irrational behavior. You should be ashamed of yourself.

He has been attempting to deal with this (and you) for some time, but according to Skype logs, you simply don't understand English. I'll reiterate here so that the mods, admin, yourself and community can all see this:

If you want a refund for a magazine, please contact Adam Harding. Thank you!

If you want a refund for advertising space, please contact Adam Harding (and also be aware that traditionally it is non-refundable, but under these circumstances there was a complicated personal and business agreement made that cannot be honored so a refund is possible).

If you want a refund for the webdesign (which although originally a private contract with Matthew, all proceeds went to the Bitcoin Magazine), please contact Adam Harding. Thank you!

Adam Harding's contact information is adam@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk

Fair warning, this kind of childish slander on the magazine thread about something you clearly dropped the ball on will do nothing but bring bad publicity to your own business endeavors. You might want to stop cross-thread posting about this when you already have a communication channel open.

Thanks.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 08:13:24 AM

Matthew has asked me to respond to your accusations here. 9 days ago, 14 February,  you were offered a full refund by Adam for both the ad and the website. To be honest, I'm not quite sure why you're stating otherwise.
Quote from: Adam Harding
Hi Chaang,

Unless I'm missing something, I see this resolved with one email and one transfer of bitcoins. I hope to see this resolved soon for all those concerned. I would hate to see this dragged out must longer, for you never know who's reading this forum and how they may perceive this situation.

~Bruno~
Vicente

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:34:19 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2012, 08:46:09 AM by Vicente

I have never dealt with Adam

[2/9/2012 10:13:51 AM] Adam Harding: Hi Chaang
[2/9/2012 10:13:57 AM] Chaang Noi: im not clear on the deadline date
[2/9/2012 10:13:59 AM] Matthew N. Wright: That is why we are going back to the basics repeatedly.
[2/9/2012 10:14:04 AM] Matthew N. Wright: Don't worry about the deadline.
[2/9/2012 10:14:23 AM] Adam Harding: We are a few days out but Matthew will not print the magazine until your ad is ready
[2/9/2012 10:14:27 AM] Matthew N. Wright: There is no deadline for advertisements -I- am making.
[2/9/2012 10:14:39 AM] Chaang Noi: ok
[2/9/2012 10:14:47 AM] Matthew N. Wright: Only deadlines for advertisements other people should submit
[2/9/2012 10:14:50 AM] Adam Harding: He is the editor and making your ad. You have nothing to worry about.
[2/9/2012 10:15:11 AM] Chaang Noi: ok great
[2/9/2012 10:15:39 AM] Adam Harding: no problem, should we add him to the advertisers room matthew?
[2/9/2012 10:16:39 AM] Chaang Noi: i have also paid for a years worth of printed mags but never told anyone my address
[2/9/2012 10:16:50 AM] Chaang Noi: who should deal with that?
[2/9/2012 10:16:52 AM] Adam Harding: that must have been during the glitch with bitpay
[2/9/2012 10:17:08 AM] Chaang Noi: i paid matthew directly for the ad,the website and the mags
[2/9/2012 10:17:31 AM] Matthew N. Wright: Adam, that was when we were accepting payments through e-mail
[2/9/2012 10:17:33 AM] Adam Harding: ok if you email it directly to bittalk.tv@gmail.com we have a list of those who paid directly before bitpay was implemented
[2/9/2012 10:17:38 AM] Matthew N. Wright: His information is in the spreadsheet
[2/9/2012 10:17:42 AM] Matthew N. Wright: Just not mailing address
[2/9/2012 10:17:48 AM] Matthew N. Wright: "Goat" from bitcointalk.org
[2/9/2012 10:17:50 AM] Adam Harding: ok, I am even in that group
[2/9/2012 10:18:05 AM] Adam Harding: yup, I figured since he changed it to Goat aka Chang Noi
[2/9/2012 10:18:12 AM] Matthew N. Wright: lol
[2/9/2012 10:19:02 AM] Adam Harding: I am bittenbob
[2/9/2012 10:19:49 AM] Chaang Noi: hi bittenbob
[2/9/2012 10:19:57 AM | Edited 10:20:03 AM] Adam Harding: you can call me adam, on here
[2/9/2012 10:22:08 AM] Chaang Noi: okay hi adam. I will email you the address once i get it.
[2/9/2012 10:22:22 AM] Chaang Noi: are you added to my skype now? im new to this
[2/9/2012 10:23:01 AM] Adam Harding: I usually don't add advertisers directly to my skype, we do have rooms where you can be added to discuss advertisments
[2/9/2012 10:23:31 AM] Chaang Noi: so i should contact matthew then about questions if i cant contact you?
[2/9/2012 10:25:00 AM | Edited 10:25:11 AM] Adam Harding: Well I will always check the skype room but im not sure if i can add you without having you on my list. Official communication is through bittalk.tv@gmail.com for legal reasons.
[2/9/2012 10:25:57 AM] Chaang Noi: i do not understand what a skype room is
[2/9/2012 10:26:02 AM] Matthew N. Wright: Don't worry about it
[2/9/2012 10:26:11 AM] Matthew N. Wright: Point is, if you have questions, just ask here
[2/9/2012 10:26:22 AM] Matthew N. Wright: or if you can't receive an answer, bittalk.tv@gmail.com
[2/9/2012 10:26:34 AM] Matthew N. Wright: That way Adam, Mihai AND myself all see the email
[2/9/2012 10:26:55 AM] Chaang Noi: so this room is now saved on my list in skype? if i turn it off it will still be there or do i need to do something to add it?
[2/9/2012 10:27:12 AM] Chaang Noi: ahh i see save group in contacts now, ill do that
[2/9/2012 10:27:18 AM] Chaang Noi: sorry im very new to skype
[2/9/2012 10:27:26 AM] Adam Harding: dont worry, i dont use it much
[2/9/2012 10:27:42 AM] Adam Harding: I only have an account in the first place since a girl wanted to do a video call
[2/9/2012 10:28:26 AM] Chaang Noi: i only have it cuz matthew asked me to get it
[2/9/2012 10:28:50 AM] Adam Harding: its your best bet at a quick reply
[2/9/2012 10:29:33 AM] Chaang Noi: okay well i need to go to ork, ill catch you later, thanks
[2/9/2012 10:30:04 AM] Adam Harding: no problem, any more questions dont hesitate to ask
[2/9/2012 10:30:05 AM] Chaang Noi: *work
[2/9/2012 10:30:08 AM] Chaang Noi: thanks
[2/12/2012 6:50:04 PM] Chaang Noi: would be awesome to get some eta on the website. im waiting on showing off this new service until i get the website going. so idea for planning would be great. thanks
[2/12/2012 6:51:10 PM] Adam Harding: Matthew is out of town for the next few hours at least from what I know. He has to finish up the magazine too so he will have to sort this all out when we hear from him soon.
[2/12/2012 6:53:08 PM] Chaang Noi: yeah but i paid a high price for something that i do not have. i think a few dates would not be unreasonable due to how much time has already passed. i was told it would have been quicker than this. thanks

Your ignorance is bad enough, your lies are trying my patience.

Matthew had the opportunity to respond to my thread  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64961.0 but did not.

We've all learned through mtGox stories that simply starting a thread someplace doesn't mean that someone knows about it, and as I mentioned, refunds are not given through forum thread posts, it's against our legal policy.

Matthew calling me a "Douche" in a public thread was absolutely uncalled for and is what lead to this. I can not work with people like that.

I believe he was joking and then realized it was out of line and further explained to you over Skype that it was meant as a friendly rub regarding all your quick-to-anger gambling habits, and I think it's being made increasingly clear that in fact the root of this issue is that Matthew cannot work with people like you. After seeing the Skype logs and how you are presenting yourself here, I don't think anyone has any question what you are.

My bitcoin address has been made public, we should use that one so everyone can be 100% sure that this is cleared up.

[2/14/2012 12:17:43 PM] Adam Harding: Hi Chaang,

It is completely your call on that one, but refunds will never be made by posting on this thread, no matter how childishly it's done. You'll need to contact the person in charge of customer and advertising accounts, Adam Harding.

He has been attempting to deal with this (and you) for some time, but according to Skype logs, you simply don't understand English. I'll reiterate here so that the mods, admin, yourself and community can all see this:

If you want a refund for a magazine, please contact Adam Harding. Thank you!

If you want a refund for advertising space, please contact Adam Harding (and also be aware that traditionally it is non-refundable, but under these circumstances there was a complicated personal and business agreement made that cannot be honored so a refund is possible).

If you want a refund for the webdesign (which although originally a private contract with Matthew, all proceeds went to the Bitcoin Magazine), please contact Adam Harding. Thank you!

Adam Harding's contact information is adam@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk

Then the payment should be sent now to quickly end this.

Yes, that would end this all very cleanly. Smiley

Thanks for providing more proof how insanely hard it is to get you to follow basic instructions. Please re-read the instructions above. No further responses will be given regarding this subject on this forum, and certainly not this thread. You've already posted enough off-topic mess for one day.
Vicente

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:48:43 AM

Bitcoin Magazine isn't Newsweek. Why go through this formal process to further tarnish the reputation of anyone. I assume Adam Harding knows what a Bitcoin client is and agrees with this arrangement, send the damn coin and stop this.

The process has not changed and we don't change it just because people get impatient with us. What kind of a magazine would we be then?

Goat has a way to get his refund privately, he has tried to make it into a spectacle. Even if we didn't have legal guidelines to follow for refunds (like an email trail?) we wouldn't give a refund to someone on a thread just because they asked some random person who works on the magazine in some fashion. The person in charge of the spreadsheets for who has paid what and the ability to pay them back is Adam Harding-- that's why.

Signing off.
Vicente

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 09:06:13 AM

Bitcoin Magazine isn't Newsweek. Why go through this formal process to further tarnish the reputation of anyone. I assume Adam Harding knows what a Bitcoin client is and agrees with this arrangement, send the damn coin and stop this.

The process has not changed and we don't change it just because people get impatient with us. What kind of a magazine would we be then?

Goat has a way to get his refund privately, he has tried to make it into a spectacle. Even if we didn't have legal guidelines to follow for refunds (like an email trail?) we wouldn't give a refund to someone on a thread just because they asked some random person who works on the magazine in some fashion. The person in charge of the spreadsheets for who has paid what and the ability to pay them back is Adam Harding-- that's why.

Signing off.

Matthew, you know I'm only saying this because it's only going to make you look worse if you don't just do it. I understand policy, I run my own business. But I also know when to bend the rules.

Matthew is currently banned, and I speak on this issue once again as a last resort of good faith-- not I, not Matthew, only Adam Harding has the magical key to send people refunds. Sorry.
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 01:51:48 PM

I just sent an email to that address with nothing else in it but the public will known btc address... If you need more information than please let me know...

Thanks for being so professional about all of this.

Your email has been responded too.
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 02:53:59 PM

I just sent an email to that address with nothing else in it but the public will known btc address... If you need more information than please let me know...

Thanks for being so professional about all of this.

Your email has been responded too.

Hello Chaang Noi (aka Goat),

Please follow up to this email with a confirmation that in processing your refund to the email address you provided that you absolve us of all prior commitments/contracts/obligations. A simple statement along the lines of, “I accept full and final settlement of all matters related to Matthew Wright’s web design for my company TygrrTech and advertising in Bitcoin Magazine.” will suffice.

Please include the amounts paid for the website and the ad in the magazine in the email to avoid further conflict. This refund will constitute a full and final settlement in this matter. Once we have your acceptance of full and final settlement we will issue refund as soon as practical.

Sincerely,

Adam Harding
Advertiser Relations – Bitcoin Magazine

That is what I was sent.

I thought the fun would end here but no there is more!

"Please follow up to this email with a confirmation that in processing your refund to the email address you provided that you absolve us of all prior commitments/contracts/obligations."

Can you please tell me how you are going to process the refund to my e-mail? I'm just making sure I wont get fucked here on a technicality. I am assuming you just failed at writing that sentence and your intentions are good but you need to clear this up.

Also as part of the deal I was asked to pay for a years supply of the mag. I had already bought and paid for the first month so there is no need to refund that but it seems reasonable that you refund me for the other 11 months.

But yeah, once you pay me back I think it is rather clear you will not have to do any design work or place an advert. I'm not really sure why this would confuse you guys.

so... they asked you for more information, basicly a email equivelent to the slip you'd sign in a store if you returned something and this confuses you? do you walk into a store and say i'm returning x here's my open wallet put in the money?

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 03:19:21 PM

If yall do not have the BTC we can work out a payment plan. Just be honest and reasonable about all of this please. If this is a stall for time its not going very well...
Goat this is not a stall for time and absurd statements like that are insulting, you're perfectly capable of reasoning based on your past actions that the magazine doesn't want to send payment to "I just sent an email to that address with nothing else in it but the public will known btc address..." as well your refusal to hold up this statement "If you need more information than please let me know..." is dissapointing. In addition, partially thanks to your obtuseness, we've now entered a time where the person who can process your refund(adam) is at this dayjob(those things we have because we can't live on bitcoin alone just yet...)

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 03:43:53 PM

Ummm clearly Goat trusted Matthew with this batch of payments add, mag and site and I don't see anyone being able to dispute that based on what both parties are saying. And as such imo he's the sole responsible party in this. I don't really see how the magazine is getting dragged into this as it makes them the payment processor for his shitty site work, which I hope the magazine is trying to distance itself from as it's pretty shitty to put things mildly.

Seriously if you fuck up somewhere just say so and settle whatever is outstanding, we're all human. I can fully understand that Goat is upset and wants nothing to do with Matthew or the magazine. Making him jump though hoops etc is rather uncalled for as he sent this Matthew as an individual trusting him with handling all this.

Taking this outside the trading discussion part may not have been the best of choices but it is more or less called for, as how an editor conducts his personal business reflects directly on the magazine as a whole.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 03:51:00 PM

Dear Sir you have 3 options:

1. Communicate with Bittalk Media Ltd in writing (i.e. email or snail mail) and agree F&F settlement as it was proposed or negotiate it, should you want to. Then get full refund.
2. Sue us, see http://bitcoinmagazine.co.uk/terms-of-sale/ . I, personally, at this point would prefer this scenario and I would personally defend this in the court.
3. Continue acting "in bad faith" as you are for a while now and get on every shit list out there as well as not getting any refund.

Let me also explain you that by refusing to communicate with Adam ( an agent appointed by the company) you are "acting in bad faith". Google it.

By refusing to accept refund you are "acting in bad faith".

This is final. Our position will not change.

Faithfully Yours,

-
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 03:56:10 PM

Wow, ok, talk about STUPID miscommunication/language barriers!

Chaang, it looks like you COMPLETELY misunderstood the purpose of all this, and while the rest of us understand what Matthew is asking for, you are just continuing to make yourself look bad. Here is the process that is being asked of you in as simple terms as I can make them.

Bitcoin Magazine is a business owned by multiple people. They need to protect themselves as much as possible.

You are asking for a refund.

They need a good record of all transactions and agreements, and the best thing for that is email, because there is no guarantee this forum will be here tomorrow. If the forum is the only record of this discussion, and it disappears, you could accuse them off never paying you, and they would have no way to prove otherwise.

To get a refund, they also need a recorded statement from you saying exactly what the refund is for. In your case they are asking that you confirm that the money you both have agreed on will cover everything you have asked for. That's what "absolve us of all prior commitments/contracts/obligations" means. Another way to put it is "you agree that this refund will cover everything you have asked for so far." Without this email, they can send you your refund, and you can say that this refund was only for the web site, and they never sent you a refund for the magazines. Without this second email, they again would not have proof otherwise.

TL;DR They are not scamming you, they are just making sure that both of you agree on the different specific parts of the refund. What they are doing is standard business practices, and if you say you have your own business, I strongly suggest you learn from them and follow the same methods. The only one who thinks what they are doing as "wrong" is you, and by continuing to post publicly about it you are only ruining your own reputation.
Bigpiggy01

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 04:07:22 PM

Wow, ok, talk about STUPID miscommunication!

Chaang, it looks like you COMPLETELY misunderstood the purpose of all this, and while the rest of us understand what Matthew is asking for, you are just continuing to make yourself look bad. Here is the process that is being asked of you in as simple terms as I can make them.

Bitcoin Magazine is a business owned by multiple people. They need to protect themselves as much as possible.
You are asking for a refund.

To have a good record of all transactions and agreements, they need you to send an email, because there is no guarantee this forum will be here tomorrow. If you ask them on the forum, they pay you, and the forum disappears, you could accuse them off never paying you, and they would have no way to prove otherwise.

To get a refund, they also need a recorded statement from you saying exactly what was refunded. In your case they are asking that you confirm that the money you both have agreed on will cover everything you have asked for. That's what "absolve us of all prior commitments/contracts/obligations" means. The reason for that is because if they send you your refund, you can say that this refund was only for the web site, and they never sent you a refund for the magazines. Without this second email, they again would not have proof otherwise.

TL;DR They are not scamming you, they are just making sure that you and they both agree on the different specific parts of the refund. What they are doing is standard business practices, and if you say you have your own business, I strongly suggest you learn from them and follow the same methods. The only one who thinks what they are doing as "wrong" is you, and by continuing to post publicly about it you are only ruining your own reputation.

The only problem I see with this is that it includes Matthew's site work as well, which I don't see the magazine as having been offering rather him personally imo making this whole thing/issue a personal issue. Please correct me if I'm wrong in this.

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Vladimir

-

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 04:09:47 PM

I will never agree that I had anything to do with this company, I only worked with Matthew.

Dear Sir,

Matthew N. Wright is an agent and an officer of Bittalk Media Ltd. With reference to all matters directly related to Bitcoin Magazine.

Faithfully Yours,

-
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 04:14:03 PM

I never dealt with your company, this was all personally done with Matthew. I have no issue with your company. I have an issue with Matthew. Matthew has my coins. Matthew did not do what he said he would. Why would I sue your company? That is silly.

This goes with Rassah as well. I never delt with that company. I dealt with a person. His name is Matthew.

I will never agree that I had anything to do with this company, I only worked with Matthew.

Did you have an agreement with Matthew that he will be your representative for doing business with the company?

If yes, you need to deal with the company, because they have your money and are the ones who didn't do the job you asked for. It's like you are accusing a pizza delivery man of scamming you because the pizza shop did not add the toppings you asked for.

If no, then why did you give money to Matthew for magazines when he doesn't actually make the magazines, and the company does?

I think you lost all privileges of working with a specific company representative when you started publicly accusing someone of doing something illegal.

I don't know how this relates to the website work, but at this point the best thing you can do is email back and say "Yes, I agree, this refund will cover all my past requests and issues." Doing anything else will only make it seem as if you are just attacking Matthew personally for no reason.
Bigpiggy01

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 04:31:17 PM

Dear Sir,

Matthew N. Wright is an agent and an officer of Bittalk Media Ltd. With reference to all matters directly related to Bitcoin Magazine.

Faithfully Yours,

Ok that does clear up some of this.

Imo in that case a reasonable solution could be:

A) Goat goes through the process concerning the mag an add, as it's reasonable enough that the other people in the group want a disclaimer and part of the transfer of funds was for that purpose.

B) Matthew personally gets his finger out regarding the site refund, as it atm reflects really poorly on both himself and the people he works with.

Anyone got a better idea?

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄

▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Vladimir

-

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 04:41:33 PM

Is the company still willing to place the ads I bought? If so I would be willing to work with someone who is reasonable and can do very good design work that I aprove. I am a reasonable man and would be willing to work with someone who is reasonable as well.

Matthew represented this project to me as his own project. I'm not sure but I bet it was before you formed your LTD. Can you post some info about this legal company? If Matthew was wrong in doing that them well he tricked me. I trusted Matthew as a person doing a project.

The issue all started with the failed web work. Since Matthew was the only person I dealt with and this all failed I thought asking for a refund on the ads and the mag was reasonable. I really do like this project and will still support it after all of this if you guys will be willing to handle it in a professional way.

However Matthew needs to personally deal with the 50 BTC for the failed web work. I am open to working with some one else in the company on the advert in the first issue.

Let me know what you want to do.

Dear Sir,

It is inappropriate to continue discussing this matter here on the forum. Please contact adam@bitcoinmagazine.co.uk to resolve any issues related to the refund. We would prefer to not have any business relationships with you in the future. Thank You.

You can find all the information about the company you may need on our website http://bitcoinmagazine.co.uk.

Faithfully Yours,

-
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 06:08:18 PM

Oh what the hell, this is still going? Just send them this bloody email I wrote for you just now and get on with your bloody life, man!

Upon refunding the bitcoins I paid for the design of my website, the advertisements in the bitcoin magazine, and a year's subscription of the bitcoin magazine, respectively 50BTC, XXBTC, and XXBTC, for a total of XXXBTC, to the bitcoin address 1Yj6hiWeLL8pxCtCVrtfpNFKhrJUwjT5d, I accept full and final settlement of all matters related to Matthew personally, as well as Matthew Wright’s web design for my company TygrrTech and advertising in Bitcoin Magazine.

It's not bloody rocket science, sheesh.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 07:37:24 PM

So much for that one e-mail and one btc transaction theory to end all of this... No BTC yet...

My apologies, Goat, for it looked promising in theory.

Full disclosure: I don't have a horse in this race, but truly look forward to the first issue of Bitcoin Magazine.

~Bruno~ (not Bruno Dumont)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: