Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:04:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Matthew N. Wright  (Read 6973 times)
Jon
Donator

Activity: 98
Merit: 12

No Gods; No Masters; Only You

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:10:38 PM

Bitcoin Magazine: Please follow our bureaucratic process to get a refund. No compromises. The customer isn't always right. They serve us.

I'm sorry but this just wasn't good customer service guys. Even if the customer is an arse -- treat them well for the sake of public perception. You could of easily sent the BTC to the address on the forum and this mess would of never happened.

Yes, Goat is being a bitch but you're no better.

The Communists say, equal labour entitles man to equal enjoyment. No, equal labour does not entitle you to it, but equal enjoyment alone entitles you to equal enjoyment. Enjoy, then you are entitled to enjoyment. But, if you have laboured and let the enjoyment be taken from you, then – ‘it serves you right.’ If you take the enjoyment, it is your right.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 08:25:05 PM

Bitcoin Magazine: Please follow our bureaucratic process to get a refund. No compromises. The customer isn't always right. They serve us.

I'm sorry but this just wasn't good customer service guys. Even if the customer is an arse -- treat them well for the sake of public perception. You could of easily sent the BTC to the address on the forum and this mess would of never happened.

Yes, Goat is being a bitch but you're no better.

Shut up Atlas,

Goat..  Man up..

This,  I dealt with matthew so I want him to answer for all my complaints on behalf of bitcoin mag is childish..

Kiss and make up boys..

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 09:23:58 PM

I must say that both Goat/Chaang AND Bitcoin Magazine/its representatives have been acting in an extremely childish manner.  I thought Bitcoin Magazine would be something to look forward to.  Maybe not.

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 10:12:21 PM

I must say that both Goat/Chaang AND Bitcoin Magazine/its representatives have been acting in an extremely childish manner.  I thought Bitcoin Magazine would be something to look forward to.  Maybe not.

Without taking side in the dispute, I would say that unless they post transcripts/pictures of this forum in the magazine, the quality of the magazine shouldn't be affected by what is discussed here.

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 10:42:03 PM

Without taking side in the dispute, I would say that unless they post transcripts/pictures of this forum in the magazine, the quality of the magazine shouldn't be affected by what is discussed here.
That's one thing I don't get.  How do people extrapolate the content/value/quality of the magazine based on a disagreement going on in the forum?  It makes no sense to me...  A disagreement outside of the magazine is just that - outside of the magazine.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2012, 10:57:59 PM

That's one thing I don't get.  How do people extrapolate the content/value/quality of the magazine based on a disagreement going on in the forum?  It makes no sense to me...  A disagreement outside of the magazine is just that - outside of the magazine.

I may have to agree with you there. Bruce still seems to embrace and reap benefits with Bitcoin, regardless of what transpired on this forum.
cyberlync

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:04:02 PM

I must say that both Goat/Chaang AND Bitcoin Magazine/its representatives have been acting in an extremely childish manner.  I thought Bitcoin Magazine would be something to look forward to.  Maybe not.

That's one thing I don't get.  How do people extrapolate the content/value/quality of the magazine based on a disagreement going on in the forum?  It makes no sense to me...  A disagreement outside of the magazine is just that - outside of the magazine.

I don't get that either. Oh well, so many things in life are... curious.

edit: I think Im done editing this post.

Giving away your BTC's? Send 'em here: 1F7XgercyaXeDHiuq31YzrVK5YAhbDkJhf
bittenbob

Activity: 560

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:12:48 PM

We have been acting in an appropriate manner for the situation we have been dealing with. It is standard practice in the business world to send official communications over email. It is considered binding and the same as signing a contract. What is inappropriate is Goat posting that email here without so much as a reply to the email address it was sent from. It appears this user is only trying to cause a problem and sensationalism over a non issue. The coins have not gone anywhere and the refund will be processed when it is appropriate to do so.

We have been trying to refund Goat since the 14th and he has not followed any instruction properly this whole time. The first email received from Goat since the 14th, when we first offered a full refund, was the BTC address this morning and nothing else. Him accepting the terms of the refund is required as it would be for anyone else to limit our liability in the future. The actions of this user throughout this ordeal give us only more reason to enforce these terms in this instance.

As for Atlas saying we have bad customer service I would disagree. We have been following standard business practices that a 17 year old wouldn't understand since they have never held a real job. Just look at the only reference to customer service in this thread and you will see that we go above and beyond to satisfy our customers.

All of this should have no bearing on your opinion of the magazine content itself. I am confident that everyone will be satisfied when the first issue is sent out.

PS. He still has sent nothing to the email address except just the receiving address. Not even a reply after all this mess in the forum. I think the mods might want to do some cleaning up in this thread since most of it was off topic and unnecessary. Business matters need to be dealt with through the proper channels and not on the forum. I do not want to see any more posts about this issue in this thread unless we actually don't deliver on what we have said we will do. We have been acting in good faith this whole time and Goat has failed to do so on a number of occasions.

GOAT - REPLY TO EMAILS PLEASE, ESPECIALLY BEFORE POSTING THEM TO THE FORUM. THIS FORUM IS NOT CONSIDERED A VALID MEANS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION
bittenbob

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:34:58 PM

GOAT - REPLY TO EMAILS PLEASE, ESPECIALLY BEFORE POSTING THEM TO THE FORUM. THIS FORUM IS NOT CONSIDERED A VALID MEANS OF BUSINESS COMMUNICATION

Keep these to here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=64961.msg764626#msg764626

If you notice, he posted here and not there. The last communication is about 3 pages back on this thread.

That thread does not have the information that he put into this one but it would be a good place for the mods to move all the off topic messages to.

Hint Hint

[Edit]

Thanks for the heads up, I posted that quote in his thread.
bittenbob

View Profile
February 23, 2012, 11:49:33 PM

You do realize that Matthew evidently now an "agent" of your "company" posted our personal skype communications on this forum? And you are saying my posting an e-mail is way out of line?  What a double standard.

I'll check my e-mail as I have not yet been sent the refund from Matthew.

It was necessary to prove you were spreading lies. Proof had to be provided and it was. Please try to stick to factual details in the future and it won't be necessary.

Your refund has not been processed since you have not agreed to the terms of the refund. Once terms are agreed upon, it can be processed.
Vicente

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:27:35 AM

Matthew made a contract with Goat to provide a website solely because the magazine advertising policy states that companies cannot advertise without a representative website. He had no website but wanted to assist Goat so that he would be able to get his advertisement into the first ever issue published.

The terms were literally "There is no deadline except for when we are ready to print, but if you leave it up to Matthew, he will handle it in time. Sit back and relax and just be there when you're needed". Unfortunately, after recklessly agreeing to this even after Matthew warned repeatedly of his inability to start work immediately, overpriced work, and inability to provide support, Goat changed his mind entirely due to the interest of a $50k investor. Even though Matthew actually did -the-entire-website- less what Goat needed to write about his own company profiles etc, Matthew's standards are too high to call a wordpress with 'ipsum lorem' as "magazine worthy" and continued to request Goat to post information about his company/pages, which went completely ignored, and almost in bipolar style were responded to with threats as to why the magazine advertisement (which cannot be made without the website) isn't done yet.

The entire time, Matthew was only concerned with getting things finalized for the magazine, while Goat's concern was just 'being in control'. That should explain the mentality of the two individuals right here and now.

After both parties were tired and annoyed at the back and forth, Goat went to the forums and claimed that Matthew had "taken him for 100BTC" which is a lie. Matthew was extremely pissed and felt his agreement had been soiled and no longer wanted to work with Goat. After explaining this to Goat, he apologized and corrected his statements on the forum. After a little more time passed, Goat suggested to find someone else and Matthew immediately agreed with his apologies.

From this point on, there is no agreement between Matthew and Goat directly and Goat should have asked for a refund and provided a return address but never did, even after Matthew requested so. This is why Vladimir mentioned continuing on "in bad faith". You cannot do this and later claim no one tried to refund you.

Matthew offered Goat a full refund of all expenses on anything related to their previous agreements, but Goat was obsessed with results in a "you told me I'd have the stars and I don't have the stars, I don't want a refund, I want the stars!" attitude. Adam Harding instructed Goat to provide a refund address and was completely ignored.

Please note that Adam and Goat have spoke numerous times, but Goat has posted publicly that he "has never worked with Adam". Apparently not adding Goat to his buddy list on Skype means that he "refused to speak to him". I don't know what dimension or universe Goat is living in but customer support doesn't add customers to their buddy list.

On multiple occasions in dialogue with Matthew, Goat refused a refund and even though Matthew went out of his way to find a replacement and give necessary information to Goat's found replacement, Goat found a replacement on his own. That replacement failed him however and Goat went straight to blame Matthew for having "caused him all this trouble to begin with", demanding a refund for not just the website, but everything at the magazine as well. Matthew obliged and furious at the back and forth, lack of English comprehension and general annoyance at a busy time in the magazine's development, instructed Goat to speak with the accounts manager, Adam Harding who has the capability to process refunds instantaneously. Goat refused, claiming that the refund must come from Matthew directly or "no deal", citing his reasoning as "I don't know Adam, I know you. Give me what I want."

Matthew is in charge of a lot of things at the magazine and the driving force behind the imagination and actual workload of many projects these days, I don't think anyone wants him wasting time dealing in customer service, especially since we all know his lack of people skills and tendency to troll. He is smart in having the foresight to put Adam Harding in charge and walk away.

After a while, the entire BitTalk Media group encouraged Matthew to downright ignore Goat and reprimanded him for even discussing this issue on the forum (which is what lead to the clearing of his original heartfelt thread regarding how to handle this sensitive issue), and ultimately the decision at Bitcoin magazine is that Goat should get a refund and be sent on his way. Now he is publicly (in the magazine thread no less) asking for Matthew to receive a scammer tag for the simple reason that he hasn't yet received a refund (even though he was asked numerous times for an address and given clear and concise direction on how to get one) and downright lied that he has been waiting on a refund for weeks.

This entire issue is bad publicity for the magazine, but most ironically, it has nothing to do with the magazine-- it is a personal contract between Goat and Matthew to which a refund should settle everything. I believe from the bottom of my heart that Goat is bent on smearing Matthew, the magazine, and anything else that gets in his way and that his post in the magazine thread is very much off-topic. I do not ask that it be removed unless the admin agrees, but the fact that he is so reckless, ignorant and blind to the instructions in front of him should give him idea of how frustrating it has been for everyone to go through this with him. There is no call for Matthew to be labeled a scammer when all he has done is try to reason with and provide services to goat, will be giving a refund of everything including hosting fees that will come out of Matthew's pocket, and basically already embarrassed everyone by even doing business with such an unprofessional person as Goat in the first place.

Goat is not wrong for wanting a refund, but he is wrong for taking this to the forums in this manner when open communication channels already exist and he has been repeatedly contacted to provide a refund method/address.

Goat has already called Matthew a scammer completely out of the blue just because he didn't respond to a forum PM quickly enough to Goat's liking (and Goat admitted this was wrong and apologized),

Matthew has already ended his contract with Goat to which Goat has already agreed to find another designer and receive a refund.

Matthew has never once received instruction or address to give the refund back.

Adam Harding is now asking for this information, but in his professional position cannot just send random BTC to random people for random reasons haphazordly ignoring the future ability for law suits, claims of not receiving said refund, etc. Adam Harding and Vladimir are doing what they should be doing in having Goat respond in a contractually valid form and providing more than just a random string in an email.

I just felt that the truth needed to get out there and I absolutely hate overly self-important, hyperserious people when they start to spread FUD.

Thanks.

P.S. To those who think this is blown out of proportion and "Matthew should just refund him to end this!", Matthew doesn't have the money, it's in the Magazine's possession. Some people are seeing this as being some kind of avoidance of an issue, but they should be seeing this as Goat having no sense and flopping all over the place like a goldfish when a refund is sitting on the table, he just needs to take it.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:49:11 AM

Just thought I'd input that generally, yes, emails are binding contracts.  And they have been held up as such in countless cases in court now.  I'm not going to give examples, that's just what I remember from my business law course.

Also, Chaang, IMO, you are being completely unreasonable.  Just reply to the email as they requested, and you'll get the refund.  Why are you continuing to drag this out?  If the refund is received, why do you care who it came from?
Vicente

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 01:58:45 AM

He placed the logs before I ever posted about the issue on the forum.

Important to note-- Matthew never mentioned once anything about you publicly. The thread he started was a general thread for assistance and made no connection between the logs he posted and you, in fact, he took the time to redact everything related to your business and name. He later removed it just the same out of request from some individuals at the magazine. Matthew is grief stricken about this entire thing because he always feels responsible for everything that happens, even when it's not his fault-- that's why we love Matthew. He's not always careful (barely ever actually) but he's sincere and does what needs to be done to get jobs done. In your case, it is quite publicly clear now why he could not function-- because you do not follow simple instruction and he cannot develop a website or advertisement without being given clear and concise information (which you are incapable of giving). I pity Matthew at this moment for the hell it must have been trying to design a website under those conditions and I would have charged you three times what he did.

He struck first and not in a professional way. He made this mess here on the forum.

You posted a message on the magazine thread that Matthew had stolen 100BTC from you. This happened long before the recent problems. You struck first. You made Matthew not want to work with you and everyone at the magazine think of you as nothing but an unprofessional walking liability.

Yeah, I am trying to fully understand the terms of the refund. Once I reply to the e-mail I will post your e-mail and my reply to it here. It is really hard to tell where the line is between this "company" and Matthew.

In fact it is not hard at all. The website design was a personal contract, everything else was magazine related. That was made clear in the original forum PM logs as well. No one in their right mind would be confused about that. Furthermore, since you already agreed to cancel that contract and find a new designer (which you did), there is no contract to dispute. What you are asking for is for a refund of a contract you have already cancelled, and addtionally, asking for a refund to the magazine for several services that were sold to you by an agent of the magazine under certain conditions that were not met to your liking. All understandable.

I'm trying to understand if Matthew posted my personal logs as an individual or as an agent representing your company.
If you read the thread he posted the anonymous logs to, he was posting them as an individual and asking for advice on how to handle the personal contract between you and him for the website design.

I am trying to understand if Matthew made the website design deal as an individual or as an agent of your company.
Simple. Magazine's don't make websites for people. You bought advertising space and then asked Matthew if he knew anyone who could design the website and Matthew privately tried to assist you with it. What are you confused about? The logs made it very clear.

I'm trying to figure our if Matthew went around personally insulting me in public as an individual or as an agent of your company.
You're a walking insult to professionalism.

When did your company legally form? That will clear up some of this. Also a link to a source would be helpful.
I don't think that would clear up -anything-, but FYI it formed months and months ago.

Matthew did not make it clear that he was doing these things on your behalf.
I warned you once that your lies were trying my patience. When he first contacted you it was related to advertising space in the magazine. In what universe would Matthew be able to sell advertising space in a magazine -privately-?

I had issues with Matthew but your company is coming in and trying to take responsibility for his actions. I never attacked your company or had any problem with it.
I warned you once that your lies were trying my patience. This is your final warning. When you posted in the magazine thread about Matthew having stolen money from you, apologized, and then once again came back to the same magazine thread to tell everyone you were scammed, you dragged the company into it.

Can you help me understand this part of the e-mail "Email is considered a binding contract which you could have amended the terms to as mentioned above. ". I am not a lawyer so I do not really know but is that true? If I send an e-mail it's a binding contract? Is that international law or Korea or where? I would like to look into this more.
If there is anything we can all agree to it's that you need more education. BitTalk Media is a UK company. For Adam Harding to give you a refund, BitTalk Media requires a legally binding contract according to UK guidelines to cover the UK company in the event that you went to the UK and tried to sue them for a refund claiming it was never given to you.

What a mess...   Keep in mind you/Matthew have my BTC address and could end this at anytime...
Matthew does not have the BTC, the magazine does. Matthew does not have your BTC address-- why would he? You've never given it to him. You are asking for a refund from the magazine as well and yet you think Matthew-- an editor-- is the person to give it to you?

If Matthew was not acting as an agent on the website deal then why does the mag company not send back the 50 BTC to Matthew so Matthew can give to me?
Matthew crossed private/professional channels by doing this, which he did as a favor to you and instantly regretted. That much will never happen again. Once again, Matthew underestimates the shady character of people in the Bitcoin community and assumed that it would just 'be okay'. He's already been fussed at for this.

The magazine probably will end up giving 50BTC back to Matthew to send to you himself, but you're ignoring the fact that the magazine, but you're asking for more than just the refund for the webdesign. I think you don't even know what you want and that's why you look crazy.

Esp if this has nothing to do with the mag like you say...

Is anyone else reading this? When did anyone say Matthew has nothing to do with the magazine? The only thing we've been saying is that Matthew is not in charge of refunds.
bittenbob

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:18:36 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2012, 02:38:03 AM by bittenbob

Hi Chaang,

There was a typo in the previous email where it should have said to the BTC address provided in the email and not the email address. I was getting ready for my day job and did not have much time to draft the communication. The correction could have easily been added by you to the statement and you were even told a proper correction on the forums. We would NEVER send a private key through email since it could be compromised. The blockchain is a much more appropriate method for sending coins and it is the only thing we will be using.

The forums are not an appropriate channel for business communications and you did not even raise your concern to this email address. Email is considered a binding contract which you could have amended the terms to as mentioned above. I do not appreciate that you posted my email on the forum without so much as a reply to me. Furthermore you have been telling a lot of lies on the forum which are not appreciated. You clearly have had communications with me in the past and Matthew clearly instructed you to communicate with me. We have decided to cease all business with you and refund the money for your ad.

Again, please send confirmation of the terms of refund so it can be processed. We would like this matter to be resolved as soon as possible.

Regards,

Adam Harding
Advertiser Relations – Bitcoin Magazine

To whom it may concern,

I would like to clear up the unfortunate issue discussed previously on bitcointalk and in email with Adam.

I'm requesting a full refund for my subscription to Bitcoin Magazine and my advert to be placed therein. This whole issue has been caused by miscommunication and a mix-up of issues between me and one of your officers, Matthew N Wright.

Provided I receive this refund  at 1Yj6hiWeLL8pxCtCVrtfpNFKhrJUwjT5d from an address that is veritably  Bittalk Media Ltd./ Bitcoin Magazine 's I consider my relationship with Bittalk Media Ltd. and Bitcoin Magazine to be ended and will hold them free of any liabilities etc that could arise from this unfortunate episode.

In regards to the matter of website design I would in turn request a disclaimer from Bittalk Media Ltd./ Bitcoin Magazine stating that this was work undertaken by Matthew N Wright as a private individual and has no relation to Bittalk Media Ltd./ Bitcoin Magazine.  If Bittalk Media would like to take responsibility for all his actions please let me know.

Best regards,

You have been warned more than once about posting emails from Bitcoin Magazine in the forums.
Vicente

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:35:03 AM

To whom it may concern,

I would like to clear up the unfortunate issue discussed previously on bitcointalk and in email with Adam.
At the moment, it only concerns you and Adam. Stop being self-important and just give him the information he needs. Talk about it later when it's over with.

I'm requesting a full refund for my subscription to Bitcoin Magazine and my advert to be placed therein. This whole issue has been caused by miscommunication and a mix-up of issues between me and one of your officers, Matthew N Wright.
Everyone can agree to this on both parts.

Provided I receive this refund  at 1Yj6hiWeLL8pxCtCVrtfpNFKhrJUwjT5d from an address that is veritably  Bittalk Media Ltd./ Bitcoin Magazine 's

wut?

How is BitTalk Media supposed to prove that a sending address is theirs? Is anyone else getting the "This issue will never die so long as Goat keeps talking" vibe?

I consider my relationship with Bittalk Media Ltd. and Bitcoin Magazine to be ended and will hold them free of any liabilities etc that could arise from this unfortunate episode.
QFT

In regards to the matter of website design I would in turn request a disclaimer from Bittalk Media Ltd./ Bitcoin Magazine stating that this was work undertaken by Matthew N Wright as a private individual and has no relation to Bittalk Media Ltd./ Bitcoin Magazine.
You want the magazine to clarify privately that the website agreement between you and Matthew was not a professional service by the magazine? Sounds reasonable enough.
bittenbob

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:41:10 AM

It was cleared up before you posted. Someone else in the team pointed it out for me. You have been warned several times against this. Please reply to the email so it can be resolved.
Vicente

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 02:44:31 AM

I just want to know who I am dealing with. Thank you.

Feel free to ignore me. Adam Hardin is the only one here you need to listen to. I'll still be posting what I think though.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 03:43:34 AM

So let me see:

Mathew posted personal chats on these forums (albeit without identification), but still posted confidential information without Goat's agreement
Goat gets pissed and posts on their magazine's thread
Back and forth insulting replies from various magazine's stuff and goat

Let's see... -> Kids.
bittenbob

View Profile
February 24, 2012, 04:34:02 AM

We are still waiting for Goat to respond to the reply. This could have all been resolved hours ago. I wonder at this point if he is trying to drag it out and make a bigger spectacle than he has already.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2012, 05:07:18 AM

We are still waiting for Goat to respond to the reply. This could have all been resolved hours ago. I wonder at this point if he is trying to drag it out and make a bigger spectacle than he has already.

I'm wondering why you are even bothering to acknowledge him using such personalized responses, instead of just repeating canned "Please acknowledge your refund agreement, and your money will be refunded immediately" messages. I don't think you guys can really say or explain any more than you already have, and at this point it's all just a protracted bitchfest.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: