Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:38:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems with Matthew N. Wright  (Read 6975 times)
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 01:52:05 AM

I hate to say it, but I really feel like this is going to hurt and discredit bitcoin magazine as a journalistic entity. Its really unfortunate that this type of discussion became hostile.

Goat, if it was a tactic on your part to keep cool while the Vicente lost his head I say "well played, sir", but I don't that that is the case.

I really think Goat realizes, like many of us, bitcoin magazine is a good thing for everyone in the community and despite his attempts to resolve this in a diplomatic manner he has been met with hostility in virtually every reply.

Once this is resolved I propose that we consider deleting this thread. (with everyone's permission).

I don't have a dog in this race other than the desire to see bitcoin succeed. I hope you will both consider my proposal.

I agree. The discussion has become so convoluted at this point it’s becoming impossible to know who’s right and who’s wrong. Just get rid of these threads and let the dust settle so the publication can help Bitcoin, which is in everyone’s best interest.

I think it's pretty clear who's "right" in all this, and that goat just appears to be severely mentally handicapped.

The guy's an utter prick.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
teflone

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB

View Profile
February 26, 2012, 02:39:35 AM

I hate to say it, but I really feel like this is going to hurt and discredit bitcoin magazine as a journalistic entity. Its really unfortunate that this type of discussion became hostile.

Goat, if it was a tactic on your part to keep cool while the Vicente lost his head I say "well played, sir", but I don't that that is the case.

I really think Goat realizes, like many of us, bitcoin magazine is a good thing for everyone in the community and despite his attempts to resolve this in a diplomatic manner he has been met with hostility in virtually every reply.

Once this is resolved I propose that we consider deleting this thread. (with everyone's permission).

I don't have a dog in this race other than the desire to see bitcoin succeed. I hope you will both consider my proposal.

I agree. The discussion has become so convoluted at this point it’s becoming impossible to know who’s right and who’s wrong. Just get rid of these threads and let the dust settle so the publication can help Bitcoin, which is in everyone’s best interest.

I think it's pretty clear who's "right" in all this, and that goat just appears to be severely mentally handicapped.

The guy's an utter prick.

This

For Canadians by Canadians: Canada's Bitcoin Community - https://www.coinforum.ca/
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 02:18:17 AM

As per:
I am going to lock this thread and leave it that way unless the mods feel it should be unlocked for more debate.
I am authorized to unlock this thread.

Apparently, Goat, your post is in violation of your agreement. I am allowing people from BitTalk Media to provide a rebuttal, if they wish.

Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 08:12:18 AM

A statement on behalf of Bitcoin Magazine.

Goat ordered ads, subscription and website. After that he behaved very unprofessionally,  even childishly, while repeatedly obstructing our efforts to deliver the service he paid for. He then went public with libellous accusations, changed his mind way too many times, wasted significant amount of our time.

We have refunded him all his money and we have agreement with Goat on full and final settlement of this matter.

We refuse to have any business with this person in the future.

Bitcoin Magazine is a very young start-up business, we will review and improve our procedures based on our experience with this incident.

-
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
February 27, 2012, 04:44:47 PM

I am going to assume here that maged has not read the e-mails or he would not have made such a claim.
You are absolutely correct. That's why I worded my post the way I did.

However, I have now seen the emails. I'm in agreement with you, Goat. I see no restrictions on what you are allowed to say after the settlement, other than the implicit fact that you can no longer say that the matter isn't settled. I believed them enough to unlock this thread and post that message because many settlement agreements do have such conditions. If neither party objects, I will now re-lock this thread. As the OP, Goat, you can of course still post. If BitTalk Media would like to post again, however, please PM any online mod and they will happily unlock this thread for you if you let them know that I said they could.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: