Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:10:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of buying from HASHRA (not shipping, pricing practices, communication)  (Read 9461 times)
dreamreamer (OP)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 10:51:09 PM

I am having a hard time with Hashra, and just offering a buyer beware. If you must order from them, please use a credit card so you have something to fall back on. Basically;

June 7th; Ordered a limited-quantity Lunar Launcher for $1250 with shipping June 15.
June 15th; Lunar Launcher’s now $1135 with imminent shipping.

Basically a $115 dollar fee for entering in my order info sooner. I emailed them that day to ask whats going on and if they could offer any kind of refund as thats pretty messed up.

June 19th; My order still shows “pending” and it didn’t ship yet. They did email me giving me back in the morning offering a $115 off coupon code for future orders and that they are going to call the factory to see why my order didnt ship yet. I wrote back asking to cancel the order.

June 20th; My order still shows pending and I didnt hear back from them. Im pretty upset as so far I figure I lost about $66 mining with the delayed shipping not to mention the $115 unless I ever order from them again. So far my two orders with zeusminer have gone smoother then this.

Just a buyer beware in case anyone is interested in buying from them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 01:37:18 AM

Isn't everyone using GAW miners now? The price and support can't be beat.
Check my sig.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money
for a New World
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Join the conversation!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

TWITTER

BringTheRain

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:00:29 PM

I'm having the same issue here. Ordered a Lunar Lander Warp 1 on June 12th and it's still in Pending status.
run85

Activity: 4

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:07:09 PM

Hi! Any update on your order..?
I was about to order the Lunar Launcher (14 MH+) but I'd like to know if they are scammers or real Smiley

thanks!
dreamreamer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:12:01 AM

June 23 Monday - I was in contact with Simon a few times since last thursday. I was asking for a refund since it didnt ship and Friday he said it was too late it just shipped. Now today on Monday I got the tracking number and it shows that the shipment was just created (today on monday)  Huh Very confusing.

I also discussed the missing mining time and he said he was willing to give me a little credit towards it...but I told him all I care about is the $115 difference refunded back to my cc and I would let the missing mining time go. He said that was ok on Friday, but today no credit was applied. I will give it a few days to see it if shows up. I did let my cc know about this and they opened a case.

My miner should have shipped out over a week ago, but right now all I want is the $115 refunded back and it to actually ship like the created shipment today states.

Just FYI, if you use cc, they use 2co.com based out of Ohio to bill you. Hashra's offices seem to be located in London and it seems that Zeus custom makes them. Because they use 2co.com, my cc (discover) has been having problems investigating this issue. The initial transaction on June 7th went through right aways and they were paid right aways. I am almost thinking that Simon is the only guy at Hashra and he works part time (based on emails with hashra).

If it did ship today, I should get it by the end of the week and will update. Untill then I can only recommend to just "take it" from Zeus. I have had two orders with them and they did ship.
BringTheRain

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 09:49:45 PM

Hi! Any update on your order..?
I was about to order the Lunar Launcher (14 MH+) but I'd like to know if they are scammers or real Smiley

thanks!

If your question was directed towards me, still no updates and in Pending status after multiple attempts to contact Simon.
dreamreamer (OP)

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:09:17 PM

Did you pay with by cc bringtherain? If so I would call them and open a dispute. I just checked discover online and they issued me a full refund and it states "dispute closed". I did'nt get a message from discover yet stating its over and done, but under the view disputes it shows dispute closed.

Also, my tracking number is now invalid on sf-express.com (the shipping company they use). It never showed any movement to begin with, but now nothing shows up. Did they even ship it like Simon said?

As far as I can tell, Hashra is not shipping and infrequently responding to emails.
BringTheRain

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 02:04:15 PM
Last edit: July 06, 2014, 09:20:39 PM by BringTheRain

In the interest of transparency, I'm posting my experience with HASHRA, here's a log of the transaction:

JUNE 12th:  Bought a LUNAR LANDER WARP 1, 26+Mh/s, noted the 3-7 day bank hold which was fine. Interestingly, the initial status for the order was Awaiting Fulfillment.

JUNE 17th:  I log into my account on HASHRA.com, to find that the order status had been changed to Pending. Also, I noted HASHRA stopped selling the LUNAR LANDER and is now only selling multiples of the LUNAR LAUNCHER, of which their LUNAR LAUNCHER WARP 2, 28+Mh/s package was selling for the same price as the LUNAR LANDER WARP 1. I contacted HASHRA via their order messaging system to see if we could come to an agreement on making up the difference between the 2 products since the differential between my order and the change in their product line-up was only a few days. Here's the exchange:

Code:
BTR: What is the status of my order, seeing that you no longer sell Lunar Landers? Are you going to ship me a Lunar Launcher Warp 2, with an additional Raspberry Pi, or refund my money?
Code:
Simon: We do still have some in stock for now, just going forward we cannot produce anymore till we get the new component form the supplier.
As soon as we get the all clear from our card processor we will ship out. Should be in the next day or two.
If you have any questions then please do get in touch.

Kind Regards
Simon

JUNE 23rd:  I start posting questions on the HASHRA for sale thread asking if anyone else is having issues getting product shipped:  http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=601217.msg7469106#msg7469106

I also reach out to Simon again via their messaging system on HASHRA.com:
Code:
Simon,
Since my order is still in Pending status, and has not been fulfilled under your own 3-7 day bank hold nor your "next day or two", please cancel my order and issue a refund.
-BTR

I get no response to this message.

JUNE 24th:  I message Simon again, with the following message:
Code:
Simon,
If I don't hear from you in the next 24 hours, I'm starting an investigation with my credit card company and posting on every forum I can find that you're defrauding the community.
-BTR

Again, no response to this message on their system.

JUNE 25th: I get (2) PMs here on the forum from Simon, stating that he's been having "horrible shipping delays" and that he wants to look into my order personally.

Then, as if by magic, I get a email notification that my order has shipped via SF-Express, tracking #902051820331

We'll see if the order shows up, and what hardware will actually be in the box.

JUNE 25th UPDATE:  Simon has responded to my message via the HASHRA ordering system and is working the issue.

JUNE 26th:  Simon and I have agreed to terms on how to close the issue and complete the transaction.

JUNE 27th:  Simon states that he'll have things settled per our agreement within 24 hours.

JUNE 30th:  No update from Simon since June 27th, asked for an update today.

JULY 1st:  Contacted by Simon, terms of of settlement have been executed. Will update when things have been confirmed.

JULY 2nd:  Shipment has arrived, but is NOT a Lunar Lander Warp 1, I've been shipped a Lunar Launcher Warp 2. This contradicts what Simon told me earlier (having Lander units on hand to fill orders, but experiencing shipping delays) but I won't complain too  much b/c I effectively got the current price for 28Mh/s, albeit 2 weeks late.

JULY 2nd: UPDATE  Confirmed that the other terms of our agreement have been executed.

JULY 4th - After-Action Report:  If I had to do it all over again, I'd buy from state-side company like ZigHash or GAWMiners. They seem to be geared up for the business of servicing the miner community. I feel like Simon is doing this part-time, and that he'd rather be selling volume to authorized distributors, and I can't blame him for that.
davecoin

Activity: 816
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 04:03:04 PM

I'm in the exact same situation as you.  I ordered on the 14th and after requesting a refund my order is magically shipped 24 hours later.  Tracking info shows that it is in Shenzhen today.  Simon didn't mention anything to me about shipping delays. Angry
dreamreamer (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:30:32 PM

I checked the number again today and this came up

2014-06-25 15:38:37   Shipment arrival at Hong Kong Distribution Centre
11:01:50   Shipment depart from Shenzhen Distribution Center ,will be sent to the next station Hong Kong Distribution Centre
04:22:32   Pick-up

What??? Did he just ship it out today? He told me in an email that it shipped Friday the 20th and it was too late to cancel. Besides promised ship date was 10 days ago on the 15th.
apee

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:37:51 PM

But some guy name JJ, states he already got his.

So I`m confused.. and someone on thread points out they are running theirs so its just slow shipping?

This reminds of BFL though in some sense of shipping.
dreamreamer (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 09:48:54 PM

So I`m confused.. and someone on thread points out they are running theirs so its just slow shipping?

Im not sure what to think. What is for sure is that there is very poor communication on Simon's part, even to the point of lying (he told me on the 20th it shipped but look at the tracking info shipped today). Fact is that we bought this with a promise ship date of June 15th. Also consider in that "limited quantities" were priced at $1250 and on the date they were promised to ship were available for $1135 with imminent shipping. Thats a pretty lousy thing to do, but Simon now said he would refund the difference but I havent seen anything yet.
DazedAndCoinfuzed

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 05:46:01 AM

I'm in the exact same situation as you.  I ordered on the 14th and after requesting a refund my order is magically shipped 24 hours later.  Tracking info shows that it is in Shenzhen today.  Simon didn't mention anything to me about shipping delays. Angry

I as well am in the same position as you.    I placed my order for the HASHRA Luner Launcher +14 MH/S on June 17th, paid for using my Credit Card.    Per the payment policy on the HASHRA website, Credit Card payments take 3-7 days for verification.   Here it is June 27th (10 days from the date I purchased the device) and my order status is still marked as "pending" in the HASHRA website order status screen.     I have sent multiple e-mails to HASHRA/Simon starting on the 7th day (June 24th) of the Credit Card verification period to check and see if my payment has been verified and when the unit would ship.    I received a message from Simon on the 25th stating that Credit Card verification was taking longer than expected, and Simon stated in his e-mail that he had been notified by the CC processor that Credit Card payments for the date that mine was made would be verified "within the next day or so".     On a whim, today I decided to call the 800 # for the Credit Card Processor 2checkout.com, which is the processor that HASHRA.COM is using.    I spoke with a customer service rep at 2checkout.com concerning the verification period of Credit Card Payments and to see when my payment would be verified.   After providing the customer service rep with the receipt # of my purchase, she was able to check the payment within their system and she told me that the "fraud check" was completed on the same day that my purchase was made (June 17th) and that the funds for the payment have already been released to HASHRA/Simon's account.   

I am having a hard time understanding why it is that HASHRA / Simon would state that there is a 3-7 day verification period for Credit Card Payments, when the credit card processor is saying that my Credit Card Payment was verified (or, "Fraud Checked") the same day (June 17th) that I made payment using my Credit Card.   

From what I have gathered, there is no reason why HASHRA/Simon should be waiting 3-7 days, much less 10 days for Credit Card payment verification, when the CC processor themselves are telling me that the payment was verified the same day it was made.     THIS ALL SOUNDS FISHY TO ME.

Today I have sent HASHRA/Simon another e-mail advising them that I have checked with the CC processor and that the CC processor is saying the payment has been verified since the first day that my payment was made.        This is simply inexcusable.        If I do not received satisfactory resolution to this issue within the next 1-2 business days, I will be demanding a refund for my payment and I will be taking my business elsewhere.     

BUYER BEWARE!

BringTheRain

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:29:41 PM

I am having a hard time understanding why it is that HASHRA / Simon would state that there is a 3-7 day verification period for Credit Card Payments, when the credit card processor is saying that my Credit Card Payment was verified (or, "Fraud Checked") the same day (June 17th) that I made payment using my Credit Card.   

From what I have gathered, there is no reason why HASHRA/Simon should be waiting 3-7 days, much less 10 days for Credit Card payment verification, when the CC processor themselves are telling me that the payment was verified the same day it was made.     THIS ALL SOUNDS FISHY TO ME.

Today I have sent HASHRA/Simon another e-mail advising them that I have checked with the CC processor and that the CC processor is saying the payment has been verified since the first day that my payment was made.        This is simply inexcusable.        If I do not received satisfactory resolution to this issue within the next 1-2 business days, I will be demanding a refund for my payment and I will be taking my business elsewhere.     

BUYER BEWARE!

Thanks for posting your transaction info.  To me, this is exactly why forums exist.

I have not heard from Simon since our last exchange on the June 26, and I'm even more skeptical of the agreement we reached based on your situation.
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:28:13 PM

Im not sure what to think. What is for sure is that there is very poor communication on Simon's part, even to the point of lying (he told me on the 20th it shipped but look at the tracking info shipped today). Fact is that we bought this with a promise ship date of June 15th. Also consider in that "limited quantities" were priced at $1250 and on the date they were promised to ship were available for $1135 with imminent shipping. Thats a pretty lousy thing to do, but Simon now said he would refund the difference but I havent seen anything yet.

Come on it's not poor communication, he's just managing you with a series of lies to keep you on the hook.
DazedAndCoinfuzed

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 09:31:08 PM

From what I have gathered, there is no reason why HASHRA/Simon should be waiting 3-7 days, much less 10 days for Credit Card payment verification, when the CC processor themselves are telling me that the payment was verified the same day it was made.     THIS ALL SOUNDS FISHY TO ME.

Today I have sent HASHRA/Simon another e-mail advising them that I have checked with the CC processor and that the CC processor is saying the payment has been verified since the first day that my payment was made.        This is simply inexcusable.        If I do not received satisfactory resolution to this issue within the next 1-2 business days, I will be demanding a refund for my payment and I will be taking my business elsewhere.    

BUYER BEWARE!

Thanks for posting your transaction info.  To me, this is exactly why forums exist.

I have not heard from Simon since our last exchange on the June 26, and I'm even more skeptical of the agreement we reached based on your situation.

Well, I finally did receive a response from Simon concerning the issues that I was having.     He stated that my device has shipped immediately and my order now reflects "shipped" status in the HASHRA website ordering screen.     I have been provided a tracking number by HASHRA for the shipment, however, the tracking number hasn't yet updated within the shipping providers tracking system.    I know from previous experience that it can sometime take a day or two to see movement on a tracking number, so, I will give it a few days to see that the shipment is actually moving and on it's way to me.      

Concerning your issue of not receiving and further response or communication from Simon concerning the agreement he has made with you...  I would hit him via e-mail (info@hashra.com) and on the HASHRA.com messaging system daily until you have satisfactory resolution.      

The ASIC'S business it cut-throat, and I hope that Simon can truly see that customer service / customer satisfaction will either make or break a company in the ASIC's (or any) market.     They will not be successful unless they stay on top of their customer support / issue resolution.    

loszhor

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2014, 12:27:35 AM

To weight in, I did receive my miner with all parts accounted for in working order aside from the controla having some problems which I still have not yet ruled out user error on. But I did receive it later than I expected even accounting for international shipping and communication is very poor. In this age of the internet getting back to a paying customer via e-mail within twenty four hours is easier than ever. So my experience is you will get your equipment but it will take more time than promised. I say about a week or two late from my experience.

For the record, I did know about delay and communication problems with Hashra before I made my order but since people had received products before and were happy with them I decided to take the risk.

16wQCVFXYuSp4AYsBqV9Uqa2dd1V4YXvJ5
dreamreamer (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 11:13:28 PM

I got it today. It was well packed and had a "tested by" slip inside...Dated June 14th so there is no reason it should not have shipped on the 15th as promised. I ordered it for $1250, didnt ship and was being sold for $1135, and by the time it was shipped and I got it $995. Big loss and almost no chance for ROI. Simon did promise the $115 refund, but no word yet and I can't contact him.

Another thing to consider. Simon says "Approximately 485W  1 x 600W PSU" on the website. WRONG! My watt meter shows 575 watts. I bought this figuring I could use my spare 600w OCZ but it will not work. I had to rip apart my desktop pc to use its 850w. So now to add to the cost-1 new psu!
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:35:37 PM

Yes I am also having problems with this company , Takes AGES to respond, Still No shipping number after I was promised one by now,  Price changed by the time I sent the payment.

What happen was my payment was reversed because of a bank exchange issue with my bank, which I know is my problem, I had to re-send the payment. I explained this to simon before I sent the 2nd payment and that I had to re-pay fees with the bank because of currency exchange fees and I am pissed off about it and keep an eye out because I am going to re-send the money again and so on, anyway he responded to me as normal and understood what I said about my bank and the fees that I had to re-pay and said that he will try get the order out as soon as he can !!!!BUT!!!! he left out one large bit of detail, he didn't have the consideration to advise me that the actual Item was in the middle of a price change, so I sent the payment again when the product was actually much $$ less than It was a few hours earlier, when all I could of done was re-order the same item and pay much less for it. So I am even FURTHER from ROI then I was and people who purchased it the same time as me which will most likely get it the same time as me, paid much less for it!!!!

I told him about the price change and he did say he is sorry and he thought he did mention it to me but it must of been someone else, so he said that he will fix me up and make sure I have a fair deal. I have sent 3 emails since his last email but still no response. I am starting to get extremely angry now as I watch my money drop down the drain as I am waiting for this piece of hardware.
gtraah

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:10:59 PM

Still no response,

I would like to warn everyone here , stay clear away from hashra for now - I will keep updating to advise you on my results. But this is getting ridiculous now.

I should of went with Zeus Or Gaw miners... FKN IDIOT I AM!!!

He will talk to you more often before you pay or when you show interest that you are going to place an order, soon as you order and pay he disappears. After 4 Emails he comes back with a 5 word generic response, now  after 5 days NO response not even generic response NOTHING at all, i'm absolutely fuming right now!!!

Stay tuned will advise what happens next
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: