Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:40:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Got hacked, need 14BTC, will offer TheBitcoinMuseum and contents as collateral.  (Read 2849 times)
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:27:55 PM

..the community should rally for proven and established members that have been the victim, regardless of "coulda shoulda wudda" finger pointing and provide help where needed, especially for something important.  Nothing is 100% safe and secure and I'm a little shocked at the lack of pledges here.

With that in mind (and thinking how upset my real boss would be if our wedding day had been in jeopardy) I'd be happy to send a gift of 1BTC, I don't want it back.

I'm glad to see this too... and i agree -- its a little surprising that more people aren't helping out. 
I hope they will inspired to the rally.

Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000

Well hello there!

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 10:26:22 PM

..the community should rally for proven and established members that have been the victim, regardless of "coulda shoulda wudda" finger pointing and provide help where needed, especially for something important.  Nothing is 100% safe and secure and I'm a little shocked at the lack of pledges here.

With that in mind (and thinking how upset my real boss would be if our wedding day had been in jeopardy) I'd be happy to send a gift of 1BTC, I don't want it back.

I'm glad to see this too... and i agree -- its a little surprising that more people aren't helping out. 

Here here.  Couldn't agree with these two posts more.  Really re-assuring to see good people helping other good people still a respected aspect of the bitcoin ecosystem.

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 08:21:10 AM

Here here.  Couldn't agree with these two posts more.  Really re-assuring to see good people helping other good people still a respected aspect of the bitcoin ecosystem.
Yeah I fully agree with this.
I gave an interest free loan, not because I get something out of it, but just because it feels great knowing you helped someone.
It would have been a donation, but I am not really in a position to give out donations like that. I'd rather give a loan of 0.5 btc than a donation of like 0.05 btc Wink

I really hope more people step up and send some money his way.

DobZombie (OP)

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 12:24:24 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665252.msg7506331#msg7506331

The museum items have been put up for sale.

Geez I hope I can raise the required amount before I have to sell some of these things  Undecided

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:15:27 PM

https://www.thebitcoinmuseum.com/index.php/mining/bfl-2.html

How long does this take to mine 1 btc
DobZombie (OP)

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:31:44 PM

About 1-2 years at this point.  These now basically cost more to run then what they generate  Undecided

Stery

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:33:30 PM

How much hashrate do you need to make 1 btc
ThomasCrowne

Activity: 210

★☆★ 777Coin - The Exciting Bitco

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 02:15:29 AM

Are you selling item(s) individually or are you hoping somebody will come along and put up the whole 14BTC just to hold everything?

If selling individual item(s) interested in knowing how much your asking for the 2011 Casacius Physical and whether or not it has been redeemed.

DobZombie (OP)

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 08:25:17 AM

Are you selling item(s) individually or are you hoping somebody will come along and put up the whole 14BTC just to hold everything?

If selling individual item(s) interested in knowing how much your asking for the 2011 Casacius Physical and whether or not it has been redeemed.

I'm asking for offers in this thread...
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=665252.msg7506331#msg7506331

If someone came along and offered a loan, that would get me out of the shit and save my arse!

Otherwise, I'll sell the smallest amount of items to get the 14BTC I need. If I end up having to only sell 5-6 items to make that up, then I only lose 5% of the Museum's items.

Although I was hoping to one day have grandkids and watch their faces light up when I show them the rarest BTC1 casascius of them all...THE ERROR COIN

hopes & dreams...it's what keeps us all going Tongue

noellajean

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:11:52 AM

in the last hour we have had a wonderful member of this bitcoin community step forward and offer a loan for the remaining 10 coin needed to recoup the stolen amount - this means that none of the items will be sold and the museum will remain intact

I would like to thank everyone who has assisted us in loans and donations towards this amount, you have all restored my faith in the BTC community and I am now typing with eyes full of tears

and I would also like to say to everyone who showed an interest in this auction that I thank you for your support and kind words. Thanks to you guys the museum will not be getting split up, if you all hadn't got the word out there we would not have received the loans and donations that we did.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: