Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:47:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I no longer work for Butterfly Labs (BFL)  (Read 21091 times)
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 10:57:59 AM

Wow, you are clueless... no, wait... CLUELESS.  Ask an EE about rollout of a new concept item sometime.  Up until then, your ignorance just shows you deserve the tin-foil hat you wear.

I may be cluesless, but you are the one in a managing position that was frustrated by his or the others incompetence while you were swapping microscope components by hand. Also the continuous delays from BFL show how good are the people that run this scammy business. Of course there are some other reasons like mining with customers hardware or selling it to someone else, but the technical and the managing skills are clearly lacking in this company.

should probably not say this in the i have bcp19 on /ignore...and I never read the users on /ignore in that it really really p/o's the people in question (i can tell by the many many posts to the unseen either in my direction after some posts of mine)

But to add to the above ...to further ( I really thought this was not possible that I could hold BFL in even less esteem...then was already the case..the fact that somewhere in the management of BFL they decided to HIRE Bcp19 ...well .....if that don't put a cherry on the Sundae of BFL not knowing what the hell they are doing...nothing further will imho.

heh...(i await not looking at your reply with breathless anticipation...this /ignore game only works if you don't peek! Smiley

Searing

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:18:28 PM

What I want to know is what happened at BFL between 3/31/13 and 6/30/13.  It took over 3 months for BFL to go from "shipping" Luke's Single to shipping my Single, and my Single was one of the first 100 ordered.  During that 3 month delay I lost the potential return of my 209BTC outlay.  I want to know if BFL was actively mining at extended length with first Singles.  Ultimately I was only able to mine a little over 17BTC with something I spent 209BTC.  There's not making positive ROI and then there's having a company steal your money outright by using your hardware while blatantly telling lies "oh we can't get it to work".  Angry

There have already been court documents to the Attorney General in which BFL openly admit to using customer devices on the EMC pool (which is owned by BFL and purchased from Josh in 2012).

So your question of:
I want to know if BFL was actively mining at extended length with first Singles.

is confirmed as yes, in these documents in which it states:

Butterfly Labs earns mining income from their burn testing of machines as well as service fees charged to Eclipse customers
in part 4 (page 3)
"Burn testing" does not imply "actively mining at extended length" IMO.
It implies a brief period of testing to ensure the device works and doesn't fail within a few hours.

kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1846

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 12:58:08 PM

It implies a brief period of testing to ensure the device works and doesn't fail within a few hours.
You better hope those legal documents which seem to imply their burn in was well above a few hours are wrong Tongue

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:04:02 PM

You better hope those legal documents which seem to imply their burn in was well above a few hours are wrong Tongue
Whether they are or aren't has no effect on me.

ShadesOfMarble
Donator

Activity: 543
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:38:24 PM

Anyone remember that 10k BTC bet by Matthew N. Wright? He lost and doubled everyones wager by multiplying the amount by two and putting the number into a spreadsheet. His wording was: "Post in this thread how much you're committing and I will double that amount you commit"

I just remembered that story when reading about the infamous "BFL will deliver"-bet in this thread. Pretty much the same... Of course you can say MNW was right and of course you can say BFL delivered, but, well...  Don't be surprised if no one wants to bet with you again or people are saying your credibility is going down. Because you can interpret EVERY statement in the way you want, but just because you can does not mean you should.

Review of the Spondoolies-Tech SP10 „Dawson“ Bitcoin miner (1.4 TH/s)

[22:35] <Vinnie_win> Did anyone get paid yet? | [22:36] <Isokivi> pirate did!
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 01:39:59 PM

Whether they are or aren't has no effect on me.
Quite the shameless mercenary, huh ?
CTL_ALT_DEL

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 02:49:51 PM

BFL will have their day in court to defend themselves.  Too bad Satan can't be called in as a witness.

[quote author = The Churchlady]
Next witness please.  Could it be ... SATAN!?
[/quote]

nibbknot (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 10

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:33:13 PM

I can't find the original terms of the bet, but please enlighten me why it should have been a Win for BFL.
I'm sure it's somewhere in this forum thread.

Thank you for being evasive. So you state that the bet should be a Win for BFL, but you don't want to back up the statement with anything. I won't bother searching for it (maybe k9quaint will do it), but anyone can create a shipping label anytime and can use it at a later time (like in your case) so that can't be your reason, as for actually having the unit that is off too since you claimed to have it in BFL's warehouse.

So that's it everyone. Luke-Jr thinks that the bet should be a Win for BFL because they created a shipping label and they plugged his unit from their warehouse! This is his definition of having the unit.

If I read the posts correctly in another thread Josh was the one who took the pictures thus trying to give Luke more cred.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:37:43 PM

You claimed you had your ASIC device. You claimed you had a shipping label and tracking number for the device
Both of which were true.

BFL was paying you at the time to develop the mining software.
Are you claiming I said that too, or are you just stating random rumours from people who wouldn't know as if they are truth?

The correct answer to this is either:
Yes, I was being paid by BFL.
or
No, I was not being paid by BFL.
nibbknot (OP)

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:54:20 PM

What I want to know is what happened at BFL between 3/31/13 and 6/30/13.  It took over 3 months for BFL to go from "shipping" Luke's Single to shipping my Single, and my Single was one of the first 100 ordered.  During that 3 month delay I lost the potential return of my 209BTC outlay.  I want to know if BFL was actively mining at extended length with first Singles.  Ultimately I was only able to mine a little over 17BTC with something I spent 209BTC.  There's not making positive ROI and then there's having a company steal your money outright by using your hardware while blatantly telling lies "oh we can't get it to work".  Angry

A lot of units were going through testing some in the glassed room at the entrance and some in the semi trailer backed up to the loading dock where Bruce first worked when he was first hired. A whole bunch were sent to the butterfly lab's other facility (not one of their warehouses) in which Bruce should know where that one is. After the long testing period the miners were sent back to us where they were packaged and mailed out to customers. Later some of those miners starting coming back to us and were unpacked inspected and resent out to new customers. Jody handled that aspect mostly making sure the labeling was correct. Tense times it was then. Eventually there were so many people at the plant we all had trouble just working around each other. It was like a three ring circus. New product made and sent out for testing. Testing miners back at the plant to be shipped out. Miners sent out being shipped backed to be replaced and some not even opened then sent out to new people. Some of them the parts were taken off and used on other miners and the process started all over again.

Around March or early April a whole bunch of miners came back to the plant from some hosting company in KC probably because they were replaced with the upgraded models we were making. It makes perfect sense to me to replace 65nm miners with new 65nm miners now that it was explained what was REALLY produced back in February.  Roll Eyes (hope this smiley works)

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
nibbknot (OP)

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:03:47 PM

From 'A point of order: Conduct in this subforum' :

".... Generally the subject matter should be boring
technical, procedural, dry things. ..."

This thread might not fully comply with this rule I guess:)

Indeed not but it's been enjoyable watching it.

Anyway I've been watching to try and decide where it fits so I'm now moving it to scam accusations.

This is so sad! Now I'm labeled as a scammer when all I was trying to do is help you guys. This is one reason why I can't give my real name because somebody on this forum can claim stuff about me and it will be on the internet for ever. I am so mad now!

I come here and tell the truth and am labeled a scammer. Butterfly labs misuses millions of dollars of other peoples money and is not. What kind of place is this forum anyway?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:05:25 PM

I cant imagine how much they paid PG. He is the worst troll ever and not a peep from him.
nibbknot (OP)

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:15:07 PM

I concur that the miners were probably only tested for a few hours at their other facility (come to think of it it might have been at butterfly labs dedicated hosting companies). We put them in vans. Several days later the miners arrive at the testing facility. They are tested for a couple of hours. Then they are put back in the vans and delivered back to the plant arriving several days later. Reason? The traffic is terrible in KC. Oh My!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:20:31 PM

Anyway I've been watching to try and decide where it fits so I'm now moving it to scam accusations.

This is so sad! Now I'm labeled as a scammer when all I was trying to do is help you guys. This is one reason why I can't give my real name because somebody on this forum can claim stuff about me and it will be on the internet for ever. I am so mad now!

I come here and tell the truth and am labeled a scammer. Butterfly labs misuses millions of dollars of other peoples money and is not. What kind of place is this forum anyway?

This sub forum and the thread being moved here does not mean you're the scammer.  I shouldn't speak for the mods but the sub this was originally in is technically for technical issues.  If the thread is about the hardware manufacture scamming it's customers then this is technically the right sub for it to be in.

It's kinda weird here, threads go massively OT and aren't moderated, some threads stay in the wrong sub for ever or too long, some get moved right away.  I think the mods do the best they can but nothing is perfect.

I wouldn't take this as the forums accusing you of being the scammer.  If I remember correctly Josh on the BFL forum said you were the scammer.  I don't remember anyone here giving a rats ass about the bitcents someone gave you.
nibbknot (OP)

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 04:38:22 PM

This sub forum and the thread being moved here does not mean you're the scammer.  I shouldn't speak for the mods but the sub this was originally in is technically for technical issues.  If the thread is about the hardware manufacture scamming it's customers then this is technically the right sub for it to be in.

It's kinda weird here, threads go massively OT and aren't moderated, some threads stay in the wrong sub for ever or too long, some get moved right away.  I think the mods do the best they can but nothing is perfect.

I wouldn't take this as the forums accusing you of being the scammer.  If I remember correctly Josh on the BFL forum said you were the scammer.  I don't remember anyone here giving a rats ass about the bitcents someone gave you.

Now I feel better. Thanks. The thread was only moved to a new section and has nothing to do with me being a scammer that was only said by Josh. But Josh said it on his forum not on this forum. Still confused but think I understand. Thanks again.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:49:00 PM

There have already been court documents to the Attorney General in which BFL openly admit to using customer devices on the EMC pool (which is owned by BFL and purchased from Josh in 2012).

So your question of:
I want to know if BFL was actively mining at extended length with first Singles.

Butterfly Labs earns mining income from their burn testing of machines as well as service fees charged to Eclipse customers
in part 4 (page 3)

"Burn testing" should have been done on testnet. It should have produced the same results from a hardware standpoint.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:51:39 PM

You claimed you had your ASIC device. You claimed you had a shipping label and tracking number for the device
Both of which were true.

BFL was paying you at the time to develop the mining software.
Are you claiming I said that too, or are you just stating random rumours from people who wouldn't know as if they are truth?

The correct answer to this is either:
Yes, I was being paid by BFL.
or
No, I was not being paid by BFL.

I would like Luke to answer this.

But it is possible he may not.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

bcp19

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:14:46 AM

A lot of units were going through testing some in the glassed room at the entrance and some in the semi trailer backed up to the loading dock where Bruce first worked when he was first hired. A whole bunch were sent to the butterfly lab's other facility (not one of their warehouses) in which Bruce should know where that one is. After the long testing period the miners were sent back to us where they were packaged and mailed out to customers. Later some of those miners starting coming back to us and were unpacked inspected and resent out to new customers. Jody handled that aspect mostly making sure the labeling was correct. Tense times it was then. Eventually there were so many people at the plant we all had trouble just working around each other. It was like a three ring circus. New product made and sent out for testing. Testing miners back at the plant to be shipped out. Miners sent out being shipped backed to be replaced and some not even opened then sent out to new people. Some of them the parts were taken off and used on other miners and the process started all over again.

Around March or early April a whole bunch of miners came back to the plant from some hosting company in KC probably because they were replaced with the upgraded models we were making. It makes perfect sense to me to replace 65nm miners with new 65nm miners now that it was explained what was REALLY produced back in February.  Roll Eyes (hope this smiley works)
Statements like this make me think more and more you are either more clueless than Bick or you never worked there.  There were only 2 types of units that came back from hosting... RMAs and Units customers no longer wanted hosted and were sent in to be shipped out the them.  Bick's dumb enough to believe that equipment that is still earning more than the cost of electricity to run them would be returned to be scrapped.  Then of course there's this gem:
I concur that the miners were probably only tested for a few hours at their other facility (come to think of it it might have been at butterfly labs dedicated hosting companies). We put them in vans. Several days later the miners arrive at the testing facility. They are tested for a couple of hours. Then they are put back in the vans and delivered back to the plant arriving several days later. Reason? The traffic is terrible in KC. Oh My!
My first thought reading this was a Wizard of Oz reference... "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto" and "Lions and tigers and bears OH MY!".  But wow, even the people in customer service aren't this clueless.  Off-site testing?  Bwahahahahaha.  Your lies are getting more and more ludicrous, pretty soon you will earn that scammer tag you thought they gave you...

I do not suffer fools gladly... "Captain!  We're surrounded!"
I embrace my inner Kool-Aid.
nibbknot (OP)

The Future Of Work

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:36:39 AM

Statements like this make me think more and more you are either more clueless than Bick or you never worked there.  There were only 2 types of units that came back from hosting... RMAs and Units customers no longer wanted hosted and were sent in to be shipped out the them.  Bick's dumb enough to believe that equipment that is still earning more than the cost of electricity to run them would be returned to be scrapped.  Then of course there's this gem:
My first thought reading this was a Wizard of Oz reference... "I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto" and "Lions and tigers and bears OH MY!".  But wow, even the people in customer service aren't this clueless.  Off-site testing?  Bwahahahahaha.  Your lies are getting more and more ludicrous, pretty soon you will earn that scammer tag you thought they gave you...

How will I get a scammer tag? I read and commented on some guy here who even had a hard time paying for a scammer tag. Do they really give scammer tags to people on this forum for those trying to help but not to those who work shill for a company? And why are you helping butterfly labs so much especially since you know so much more than me and can easily help the other bitcoin guys here?

I have helped more with the three days that I have been here with only 40 posts then you have with being here almost a year with your 1331 posts. 6 more posts and you would be elite status. 1 more post my me and I get a 10% discount at some restaurant located somewhere in the galaxy.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:36:12 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2016, 10:58:48 AM by Starlightbreaker

So your question of:

in part 4 (page 3)

"Burn testing" should have been done on testnet. It should have produced the same results from a hardware standpoint.

remember when they promised to do burn testing on testnet?

haha, as if it will ever happen.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: