Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:59:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you quit your job yet?  (Read 2822 times)
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:42:31 AM

I quit my job = bum
jaberwock
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1073

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:56:21 AM

I quit my job = bum

Not really applies to all. What if I quit my job and now owns business.

My formula is

I work 9-5 = I'm a corporate slave

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 04:19:58 AM
Last edit: June 23, 2014, 04:45:01 AM by Lethn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYSxkqL9l_8 - Enjoy your 9 - 5 job guys Tongue
bitmarket.io
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 10:00:05 AM

I hired myself. Then fired myself. Yes.
Bitcoin Magazine

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:26:09 PM

I had to have *had* a job first in order to quit it  Cool

i am here.
rapsaodan84

Activity: 218
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:29:43 PM

What's a full time bitcoiner? A person that works in a bitcoin-related occupation, or an early adopter who is now a millionaire?

I was thinking the same way.

In the first case, that's still a job, so no quit there.

In the second case, no need to quit any job. Unless you want to, but you don't need to quit to be this kind of bitcoiner.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:31:07 PM

I prefer to call it "semi-retirement" or "between careers".

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
sifter (OP)

Activity: 574

CoinBooster Rep

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 03:58:22 PM

I prefer to call it "semi-retirement" or "between careers".

lol
I had to have *had* a job first in order to quit it  Cool

well isn't it your job here? so you can quit it Tongue

CoinBooster.io - Earn up to 67mil satoshi per day. Claim every 5 minutes. NO POP UPS! HIGH ROI
Bitcointalk Official Thread
AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:14:12 PM

Have you quit your job to become a full time bitcoiner?

LOL -- i wish. it'll be a while. if we can bubble up to $50k, i might be able to retire and live on a modest income. $100k and i would have to seriously consider cashing out most of my coins.
ahappymau5

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

J'ai Envie De Toi

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:32:30 PM

Nope, can't afford to yet... Bitcoin only gives me a small income for now but should become full time in about a year or two when the price grows.  Roll Eyes

skottiejay

Activity: 140
Merit: 110

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 05:36:43 PM

I wish I had a job to quit, but bitcoin helps in the long run. I'm kicking myself for not investing a large amount of money in 2011 when I first found out about this forum and the price of BTCitcoin was like $14 bucks. Hell I'm kicking myself for when it was even lower than that. I kind of laughed it off because of a server I hang out on IRC a dude kept telling me about the price of bitcoin, kind of egging me on. Even then when they went really low before going up again I could have probably bought at least 10 BTC because everyone has some spare change right?

I guess looking back, I didn't think of the profitability and honestly I was a little put off by mining (when I first learned of bitcoin I was CPU mining on an atom dell notebook, real smart right?) and it was not showing me ANY kind of reward so I thought whatever and completely stopped coming here and mining.

If only, if only, if only.

What else could I say?
AceWallen

Activity: 479

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 05:59:54 PM

I wish I had a job to quit, but bitcoin helps in the long run. I'm kicking myself for not investing a large amount of money in 2011 when I first found out about this forum and the price of BTCitcoin was like $14 bucks. Hell I'm kicking myself for when it was even lower than that. I kind of laughed it off because of a server I hang out on IRC a dude kept telling me about the price of bitcoin, kind of egging me on. Even then when they went really low before going up again I could have probably bought at least 10 BTC because everyone has some spare change right?

I guess looking back, I didn't think of the profitability and honestly I was a little put off by mining (when I first learned of bitcoin I was CPU mining on an atom dell notebook, real smart right?) and it was not showing me ANY kind of reward so I thought whatever and completely stopped coming here and mining.

i totally understand that. i found out about bitcoin in 2010 and actually solo mined a block after mining for a few weeks. but then i just sort of forgot about it, they weren't worth much so i didn't care. never backed up the wallet and lost the coins. after a year of trading.... i am almost back to my original stash of 50 BTC....
zahra4571

Activity: 467
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:50:51 PM

I don't even haved a job, that is because my contry is in trouble, I fully turned my work to btc earning.

skottiejay

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2014, 06:54:14 PM

i totally understand that. i found out about bitcoin in 2010 and actually solo mined a block after mining for a few weeks. but then i just sort of forgot about it, they weren't worth much so i didn't care. never backed up the wallet and lost the coins. after a year of trading.... i am almost back to my original stash of 50 BTC....

Ugh so lucky, when I forgot about it I think every wallet that I had because for some reason I thought having multiple wallets was ok were lost to the sea. Maybe there was enough for one full BTCitcoin in there I don't know but there's no use crying over it now.

What else could I say?
iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 23, 2014, 09:20:08 PM

I have quit my crappy job but It had nothing to do with bitcoin/cryptocoins.

I quit because I realized that time is scarce. I am dying (in a methaphoric sense that everyone dies eventually) as you read this. I do not have a lot of time. Spending MY time just so that I can escape to leisure for 15 vacation days a year (This is actually GENEROUS vacation time for US companies)-- that's not success, but a most profound kind of failure in my opinion.
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:24:22 AM

I quit my job = bum

Not really applies to all. What if I quit my job and now owns business.

My formula is

I work 9-5 = I'm a corporate slave

Exactly.

Many people seem to be confused what a full time bitcoiner is. I would say it is anyone who can make a living from bitcoin related profits. This could mean buying and selling via lbc, daytrading, running a btc related biz, posting all day for sig ad campaign dough...whatever.

ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:28:30 AM

I have quit my crappy job but It had nothing to do with bitcoin/cryptocoins.

I quit because I realized that time is scarce. I am dying (in a methaphoric sense that everyone dies eventually) as you read this. I do not have a lot of time. Spending MY time just so that I can escape to leisure for 15 vacation days a year (This is actually GENEROUS vacation time for US companies)-- that's not success, but a most profound kind of failure in my opinion.

Indeed.

Ask anyone doing 25 years in prison if they would take $1 million to do another 25 years and they dont get it until their time is completely up.

I bet they'd tell you hell no.

I hate trading my finite time for freaking peanuts. That's why I love bitcoin because it offers me a way out of this rat race.
iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 11:21:34 PM

Found a good essay about why most people work, it's a good read for people who are still on the fence about what to do with their life.

"Your Lifestyle Has Already Been Designed (The Real Reason For The Forty-Hour Workweek)"

http://www.filmsforaction.org/news/your_lifestyle_has_already_been_designed/

The authors' points remind me a lot of "The Century of Self"--- a documentary about how the consumer mindset was formed starting in the 1920's. A good read.
AdamSmith

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2014, 01:14:45 AM

Have you quit your job to become a full time bitcoiner?

Earlier adopter can probably retire by now,

Late comer still have hard time quitting full job.
skottiejay

bitcoinnaire

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2014, 04:56:35 PM

My plan was to start making small trades for BTC with whatever money I could find, and start to build up some kind of secure fund for the future, unfortunately each time I have any money I end up needing it to eat.

No I really can't quit a job I don't have, and I can't spare the money I don't have. I do small jobs on amazon turk for amazon money, I can't transfer that into bitcoin money as much as I wish I could.

What else could I say?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: