Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:34:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Job Opportunity  (Read 1623 times)
jack107 (OP)

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 04:30:25 AM

Hi,

New to this forum so be kind.

I was wondering if any of the bitcoin exchanges, preferably Australian because that's where I am from, offer some form of commission opportunities.   

Basically, if say I go door knocking peoples houses trying to educate and eventually get them to purchase some bitcoins through a certain exchange, would the exchange offer me any commission for bringing in a new customer?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Cheers,

Jack.

mcmike313

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 05:04:38 AM

I am also from Australia and want to see something like this be around I just assume you would need to buy any ATM and point people to that maybe?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 05:13:05 AM

I doubt any exchange would do that. They mostly get their money from those speculating and not from those that "buy and hodl".
I also dont see any profit for you.
Lets say you invest 1 hour of work to explain bitcoin. They are convinced and want to buy 100 $$$ worth of coins. Now they have to verify and get the moeny to the exchange. A few days / a week later it finally arrives. Still convined about bitcoin? YEAH! ok. Now they buy X bitcoins for the money thats left after transaction fees and the exchange gets .5% of that. Even if the transaction fees are 0 and the proof of residency costs nothing the profit is .50 $$$. You get 10% commission so .05 $$$

Correct me if I am wrong, but how do you think you can make this worth your time? Its way more profitable to go around and setup secure wallets for people in your area. Generate a paperwallet with them or setup a cold wallet on a dedicated machine and charge a fixed price (education included).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
jack107 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:07:52 AM

I doubt any exchange would do that. They mostly get their money from those speculating and not from those that "buy and hodl".
Lets say you invest 1 hour of work to explain bitcoin. They are convinced and want to buy 100 $$$ worth of coins. Now they have to verify and get the moeny to the exchange. A few days / a week later it finally arrives. Still convined about bitcoin? YEAH! ok. Now they buy X bitcoins for the money thats left after transaction fees and the exchange gets .5% of that. Even if the transaction fees are 0 and the proof of residency costs nothing the profit is .50 $$$. You get 10% commission so .05 $$$

Correct me if I am wrong, but how do you think you can make this worth your time? Its way more profitable to go around and setup secure wallets for people in your area. Generate a paperwallet with them or setup a cold wallet on a dedicated machine and charge a fixed price (education included).

Thanks for the reply mcmike313 and shorena.

I was thinking more along the lines of trying to partner up with an exchange such as this https://www.btradeaustralia.com/ and maybe come to some form of agreement.

I used this site and had my bitcoin within 30 minutes of making the transaction at the bank. Sorry if I'm mistaken and this is not an exchange.

As for the amounts made I don't plan to be making astronomical amounts, but targeting the more wealthy areas who have money to spend, you would hope they would be willing to invest a little more than $100.

All an idea I had and there obviously are some faults but thought t would be a great way to earn some extra $$ and also spread the word about bitcoin, which ultimately helps everyone!
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:37:08 AM

None of the exchanges currently pay any referral fees. But I have an idea.

1. Buy bulk quantities of Bitcoin (BTC100 or so) from the exchanges (BTC-E or Bitstamp).

2. Go door to door explaining people about the benefits of Bitcoin.

3. If they are interested, sell them coins with a 10% commission (in amounts of BTC1 or so).

If you can do 10 sales a day (totaling BTC10), you will get a commission of BTC1. At today's exchange rate, that is $600 a day! Not bad at all!
jack107 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:44:41 AM

1. Buy bulk quantities of Bitcoin (BTC100 or so) from the exchanges (BTC-E or Bitstamp).

3. If they are interested, sell them coins with a 10% commission (in amounts of BTC1 or so).

If you can do 10 sales a day (totaling BTC10), you will get a commission of BTC1. At today's exchange rate, that is $600 a day! Not bad at all!

I like that idea very much!

Problem is i'm a broke student and could barely afford what little bitcoin I do own.

Hence why I thought maybe partnering up with an exchange which requires little to no personal monetary investment.

If I ever come across some big money I would consider this option for sure! With the majority having little knowledge about bitcoin it would be easy slugging them with a 10% fee.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:53:16 AM

^^^ Well, if you don't have any capital investment, then you might have to talk with those Exchange admins about your plan. If they like your plan, they'll help you. There are some Bitcoin exchanges in Australia.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=565634.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=36437.0

Also, it won't be a bad idea to talk to some of the large-scale Australian Bitcoin dealers in Localbitcoins. And don't get disheartened by the rude responses. You know, the Bitcoin sector is full of con-artists and crooks. People don't trust each other that easily.  Angry
jack107 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 06:57:32 AM

Yeah I have emailed all the Aussie traders I can find.

Thanks for the idea with local bitcoins, I'll get on there and see what happens haha.

It's the internet, I have to expect to get rude responses  Cheesy
doof

Activity: 765
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2014, 10:29:00 AM

Bugger walking.  My mate and I just go down to the local farmers market.  Have a coffee, chat to punters about coins.  Make a few sales.  Better than door knocking because a lot of people come to you with "Oh I've heard about that...."

http://www.bitcoinbrisbane.com.au/bitcoin-at-your-local-farmers-market/

If you're in Brisbane, PM me.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:37:49 AM

you failed before you started.

1. you want to door knock random people houses about an investment proposal and get people to buy bitcoins via your reference.
most people will think your advertising some kind of 'boiler room' investment scam and call the cops

2. the average commission per investment would not be enough to cover the costs of explanation and time put in
as bryant.coleman explained so i wont repeat it

3. you want to knock on doors, yet your here shouting out to the community, instead of knocking on exchanges doors.
try emailing them

4. as a broke student, can you afford a nice suit?
no sane person invests from someone that looks like a broke student

as for a 10% fee lol try 0.01% fee. after all exchanges only make 1% themselves.

your better off finding an exchange you can connect your bank to, then sell you coins you do have as a localbitcoins seller. with a 2%-5% margin, then instantly buy your coins back (obviously 2%-5% more) and rinse and repeat a few times

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
jack107 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 10:52:04 AM

Bugger walking.  My mate and I just go down to the local farmers market.  Have a coffee, chat to punters about coins.  Make a few sales.  Better than door knocking because a lot of people come to you with "Oh I've heard about that...."

http://www.bitcoinbrisbane.com.au/bitcoin-at-your-local-farmers-market/

If you're in Brisbane, PM me.

That's not a bad idea. Unfortunately I'm in Adelaide but I'm sure me and my mate could set something up at the markets. Above anything it's great getting bitcoin out there to people who have never heard about it!
jack107 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:09:32 AM

you failed before you started.

1. you want to door knock random people houses about an investment proposal and get people to buy bitcoins via your reference.
most people will think your advertising some kind of 'boiler room' investment scam and call the cops

2. the average commission per investment would not be enough to cover the costs of explanation and time put in
as bryant.coleman explained so i wont repeat it

3. you want to knock on doors, yet your here shouting out to the community, instead of knocking on exchanges doors.
try emailing them

4. as a broke student, can you afford a nice suit?
no sane person invests from someone that looks like a broke student

as for a 10% fee lol try 0.01% fee. after all exchanges only make 1% themselves.

your better off finding an exchange you can connect your bank to, then sell you coins you do have as a localbitcoins seller. with a 2%-5% margin, then instantly buy your coins back (obviously 2%-5% more) and rinse and repeat a few times

1. I think I am willing to take that risk. I highly doubt someone is going to call the police. At worst they slam the door on you or tell you to piss off.

2. Depends on what few they are willing to pay. Considering they are complete newbies to bitcoin it wouldn't be impossible to jack up the fee from what it normally would be.

3. I have previously stated that I have emailed every Australian exchange  I could find. Also, it has helped me post on here  as friendly people like yourself have helped out and given me their opinion, which I assume is what these forums are for.

4.  Come on, I may be broke, but I'm not stupid. Of course I have a suite and would present myself well.

I will give what you said a go but it sounds like you would need to be pretty skilled and know what you're doing.
mike29

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:11:00 AM

Why don`t you make a website where you can guide and knowledge people about bit coin and your procedure and stuff,

Mike
jack107 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:14:51 AM

Why don`t you make a website where you can guide and knowledge people about bit coin and your procedure and stuff,

Mike

I would love to set something like that up but I don't think I have the right skill set to be able to pull it off and make it successful.
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:17:06 AM

This idea is not bad, but there is some concerns about it.
When people understand what Bitcoin is they will  try to buy it from a major exchange where nobody will ask you a comission for the purchase . Also knocking on ssomeones door and offereing something like BTC will be very much understood as scam. People are very difficult to be convinced in something especially when you try to sell them something I know that from personal experience .
BR
Gondel
RCHumphrey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:18:10 AM

Its a bit of a rubbish service since if you explain to them about BTC well they should understand the importance of market price etc...
jack107 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:21:51 AM

In regards to door knocking I also thought about printing off a shit load of flyers and just putting them in as many letter boxes as I can, that way you hopefully get people who have a genuine interest that are truly considering buying! That also would mean they could do a bit of research. All though they maybe do it themselves and purchase through exchange, like someone said earlier you could offer a service of securing their bitcoin by placing it in paper wallet etc.
jonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 11:57:00 AM

Thanks for the reply mcmike313 and shorena.

I was thinking more along the lines of trying to partner up with an exchange such as this https://www.btradeaustralia.com/ and maybe come to some form of agreement.

I used this site and had my bitcoin within 30 minutes of making the transaction at the bank. Sorry if I'm mistaken and this is not an exchange.

As for the amounts made I don't plan to be making astronomical amounts, but targeting the more wealthy areas who have money to spend, you would hope they would be willing to invest a little more than $100.

All an idea I had and there obviously are some faults but thought t would be a great way to earn some extra $$ and also spread the word about bitcoin, which ultimately helps everyone!

Then maybe you should talk to them on this proposal. Also your general ideea is that people use your referal when they sign up. There are many services like this but most of them don't worth the time.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:19:29 PM

Of course I have a suite and would present myself well.

Do you have a private pool or a jacuzzi?
jack107 (OP)

View Profile
June 22, 2014, 01:21:08 PM

Of course I have a suite and would present myself well.

Do you have a private pool or a jacuzzi?

Poor from me. Well played by you Hahahaha.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: